Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Black GS400 DIY VIP build

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-17, 09:03 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So they they said it was recived damaged. I'm guessing that it was damaged by the handling while getting shipped. It sucks but they were awesome and sent me new mounts for the side for free. I can switch them out and mount them to the side of my trunk now.
Old 11-11-17, 05:48 AM
Jerbou71
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great build brother. It is nice to see another GS build on air. I just started posting again too. Great GS.
The following users liked this post:
SamsonLow (02-04-18)
Old 02-04-18, 04:52 AM
Eggplantgs
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow looks good !
SamsonLow (02-04-18)
Old 02-04-18, 09:45 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

I will be grounding my two amps It will be grounded by a bolt and nut through that hole on the right. It is the same on both sides.
Here is what it will look like except the paint will be stripped on the contact point. Yes it is a thin piece of metal but yes it is a good ground. I checked it with a multi meter and the resistance is very low likely because the is a lot of metal it is connected to really close by.
Old 02-04-18, 09:55 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Cleaned out the spare tire well. There are 4 rubber pads that come stock on the car which are stuck to the floor so the spare can sit on top of them and not make noise or be damaged. If you look at the bottom left the small black square is the stock one. The metal around the anchor nipple thing is too high to put the flat board with the tank set up on top. So I put these anti vibration pads for shop compressors on the stock ones which gave more height and reduced vibration and some traction. I used contact cement to glue the two together. The bond was actually so strong when trying to pull on it hard the stock one came off the metal lol. It surprised me. you can see the bolt and washer in the bag. I will be using that to anchor the whole system down.
Old 02-04-18, 10:01 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

The upgraded smc water trap is on the left and will be installed somewhere on that side.
There it is, you can what I was aiming for. Just the single bolt holds it down quite well. the weight and contact with the anti vibration pads help to keep it in place as well. It actually is flush with the two beams on the side which the stock mat rests on.

Last edited by SamsonLow; 02-04-18 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-10-18, 09:21 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

These are the brackets that I made to hold the amps as close to the sides of the trunk as possible which will give me the most amount of space possible. They're quiet crude looking lol but they work great. They will be straightened up later or replaced with another type of wood. The middle will be koa wood which is a native tree to Hawaii. It will have an acrylic window so these may change to that. Don't mind the epoxy words and stuff, that was from a failed amp rack attempt lol. These are very solid and do not move even with the heavy 4 channel amp mounted. The uprights that you see now have threaded inserts in them. The uprights are help up by two 'L' brackets which are at least a few inches long on each side. The back of the base rests on the ledge which the stock cover would have and the other end which you can see is held up by these pieces of mdf which were cut and screwed together. I have another plate of plywood which I will mount the amps to and lay on the ground and wire and adjust settings. When finished I will be able to hold the amp up and fasten the amp plywood to the upright one using bolts. This is way easier than screwing and unscrewing which was impossible anyways since the amp was too long and the support got in the way of two mounting holes.
Old 02-16-18, 02:41 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

This is the amp mounted, Its super clean and I like it. It works well but if I had to do it again I would move the fixed bracket a little more to the front of the car since this wires are kind of close to the body and was a little difficult with the 0 gauge. If I was using anything smaller it would've worked fine without the slightest problem. Next I will be doing the other side for the mono amp. Then I will be using the carpet to cover them up and cut a small viewing window to see the amps.
Old 02-17-18, 11:19 AM
atoledo
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice work so far! Can't wait to see the finished setup in the trunk
SamsonLow (02-24-18)
Old 02-24-18, 06:44 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Originally Posted by atoledo
Nice work so far! Can't wait to see the finished setup in the trunk
Thanks for the support! It's coming along pretty well! More updates to come!
Old 02-24-18, 08:46 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Alright little break from the trunk. I bought a full set of black seats and doors from Japan through Croooober. I put in a big order with some of my friends to make shipping a little better. Anyways I'm in the process of swapping everything out. It's got this interesting wood veneer thing on the door trim which covers the real jdm black wood. I'm going to see how I like it and change it if I end up not liking it. Here's pictures of the doors and rear seats changed. I don't have things like the headliner or carpet or back dash or ever front dash and some seat belts but I'll either find black ones or turn the existing pieces black later. Just trying to get what I have into the car so I can see what needs to be changed. Not great pictures but I can get better ones later if anyone wants to see them!

Old 02-24-18, 08:55 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Old 01-29-19, 11:13 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Reviving this build thread! Just because I stopped posting doesn't mean I have stopped building! I've got a ton on pictures to post and lots of typing to do haha. Looking forward to sharing more of the process with everyone. I will likely be posting every so often with a step of what I have done on the way to where it is today! Subscribe to the thread so you know when I post stuff!
Will_GS400 (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 12:18 AM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Can't wait to see more
Old 01-30-19, 10:34 AM
fperron
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread is making me homesick. I see Mokoli'i in the background. I lived in Waimanalo for a few years.

Quick Reply: Black GS400 DIY VIP build