Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Black GS400 DIY VIP build

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-17, 12:15 AM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Found this picture and thought I'd share it even though they won't be going in for a while. M45 projectors
The following users liked this post:
MDMXLX (09-13-17)
Old 09-12-17, 12:20 AM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Removed the deck, ashtray, and hvac system to make way for the double din.
Old 09-12-17, 06:27 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

This is the SMC AMG150C-N02D water separator. Like I said, my AirLift one broke when I was cleaning it lol so I looked for the same one but it wouldn't ship to Hawaii so I found this one which wasn't much more expensive and much better. I will try to post pictures of them side by side later but this one is much bigger, heavier, and looks to be better made. The big hole looking thing in the front is actually a viewing port to watch the water level, it's covered by glass. It will drain itself when the water reaches a certain point. I had to buy extra 1/4" fitting though and will probably need more airline for the drain since it's not 1/4" push to connect fitting. If anyone is interested in this item here's where I bought it:
Amazon Amazon
Old 09-14-17, 09:22 PM
Hayce
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SamsonLow
It will drain itself when the water reaches a certain point.
Nice car. That sounds sound like a bad idea. Unlikely to get load of water but still.. don't want a leaky dribble on your groceries lol
Old 09-15-17, 01:05 PM
fperron
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Lucky you live Hawaii...but watch out for those Honolulu potholes.
Old 09-16-17, 12:29 AM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hayce
Nice car. That sounds sound like a bad idea. Unlikely to get load of water but still.. don't want a leaky dribble on your groceries lol
All compressor kits have a water trap, the reason for this is that you need to separate the water from the air. It would be pretty terrible to send unfiltered air into the manifold which controls everything as well as into the air bags on the struts themselves. Water traps also have their drains plumbed to drain outside of the car. There will be a fair amount of water from the trap and tanks since Hawaii is quite humid.
Old 09-16-17, 12:30 AM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Originally Posted by fperron
Lucky you live Hawaii...but watch out for those Honolulu potholes.
Lol of course. They are deadly, I have memorized the locations of every pothole on my most frequent routes.
Old 09-26-17, 11:30 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Old 09-26-17, 11:36 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

That is the new air suspension set up. I have mounted it on that board you see underneath. It is 3/4" thick although a thinner sheet could've worked too. I will add the fitting for the air hose and gun to fill tires later as it is super handy. This all fits real nicely into the spare tire well. I will take a picture of it when it is in and I have done more work on it. I will be using a solenoid from Viair to sun both compressors rather than the $125 harness from AirLift. The solenoid is better and more durable and stronger than the 2 small relays when attaching the second harness, it is also cheaper. I got the solenoid for $30.
Old 09-26-17, 11:38 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

I also tried hooking up my 4 channel kicker 400.4 amp and could not get it to run because it kept going into protection mode. Did some testing and troubleshooting and called kicker and came to the conclusion that it was a faulty amp. I sent it in for repairs since it was under warranty so hopefully I get it back soon.
Old 10-12-17, 02:10 AM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Got some compressor mount made to go under big human size compressors and used contact cement to glue them to the existing rubber vibration dampeners. You can see how well the contact cement worked by looking at the bottom left pair lol. The stock rubber piece came off the metal and stayed attached to the new rubber piece. I just cemented the stock piece back on the metal. I am placing these here to raise the whole board up that way it will be on 4 contact points and 5 counting the little nub in the middle for screwing down the spare which I will use to screw down the board with everything attached to it.
Old 10-12-17, 02:17 AM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Just a picture showing where I ran my 0 gauge into the car. I cut a small slit in the grommet that most of the wires come through.

Just a picture of the deck removed so I can install the new double din deck.

That's what the stock tweeter looks like. The new ones are way to big lol so they will need to be fiber glassed into the old position.

What the stock door panel looks like without the interior panel on. I will be taking off the moisture barrier plastic protector to sound deaden everything.

This is the passenger side finished. All holes blocked off to create deeper mid base and give a richer sound to the speakers. The big hole will be weather striped and filled by a bracket and the speaker.
Old 10-12-17, 02:25 AM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Bought this stuff and easily ripped it in half along the weak point so it looked like the piece in the picture. Only used 1 package for the whole car and had a bunch left over for maybe another 2 doors. This will make an air tight seal between the wood bracket and the door.

You can see the weather stripping in the next 2 pictures. It bends super easily and makes it look super clean.

You can see the start and finish line here. I used that to stick the wire going to the tweeter through that way it stayed clean.

If you've got longer screws I would recommend using those because it does put some stress when trying to thread the stock ones at least halfway through since the strip is a little thick. It's not a big deal though since it will flatten a bit when held in position for a while. It was too hard to get a picture of the squashed strip but it works really well.
Old 10-12-17, 09:28 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Finally got my amp back from repairs and it came back so much worse than I originally got it. Lesson to anyone sending an amp for repairs, take pictures before you send it. I am currently talking to the repair guy through email. Hopefully they will fix these for me too, it is damaged in 19 specific areas. That's pretty ridiculous. Hopefully the guy will get back to me shortly. I will continue to sound dampen the trunk this weekend.

Old 10-16-17, 11:59 PM
freddie07
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job so far! Car looks very clean.
The following users liked this post:
SamsonLow (02-04-18)

Quick Reply: Black GS400 DIY VIP build