Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

The anti-VIP build

Old 04-18-18, 01:16 PM
ogwonuzfe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blumagic
Nice, looking forward to seeing yours I might do that too eventually. I need to try to get a beam shot this weekend.

Brah, you are taking the 10 cent an hour Chinese kid who wrote that ebay ad too serious.

I took a few legit pics yesterday. its got some rake but my dub *** took pics on a hill so it looks super raked.

​​​​​​BRAVISSIMO!

​​​​​​your build is an absolute F-U to everyone that says you can only vip the UCF platform.

i'm sure steering is nice and tight with all those upgraded suspension components + strut bar tower

plus the 17" rpf's are mint, all that side wall keeps things nice and cushy after the coils I bet!

extremely tasteful as well, , the yellow accenting is a perfect touch to the blue and alloy

I could go on and on..
Old 04-23-18, 05:59 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ogwonuzfe
​​​​​​BRAVISSIMO!

​​​​​​your build is an absolute F-U to everyone that says you can only vip the UCF platform.

i'm sure steering is nice and tight with all those upgraded suspension components + strut bar tower

plus the 17" rpf's are mint, all that side wall keeps things nice and cushy after the coils I bet!

extremely tasteful as well, , the yellow accenting is a perfect touch to the blue and alloy

I could go on and on..

Thanks, it is getting there, my front and rear UCAs still need to be upgraded and I still feel like it needs a ton of other refreshes to be just right.

I really need to make a splitter for it, the steering goes lighter when hitting onramps in a spirited way. It isn't the most confidence inspiring sensation.
Old 05-07-18, 12:31 AM
4litre
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Lovin' the results!!!
Old 05-09-18, 07:36 AM
ogwonuzfe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blumagic
Thanks, it is getting there, my front and rear UCAs still need to be upgraded and I still feel like it needs a ton of other refreshes to be just right.

I really need to make a splitter for it, the steering goes lighter when hitting onramps in a spirited way. It isn't the most confidence inspiring sensation.

Dude, even though this car is 20 years old
with a couple slight refreshes and mods it will pretty much keep up with any modern day sport sedan - I am personally aiming to get around the 400hp range

​​​​​​Fabbing a front + rear splitter plus tuning suspension components, I feel would be your best solution for that light steering sensation you get when you throttle it onto the on ramps. Possibly try those polyurethane sway bar bushings if you haven't already?

Do you know how much weight you've possibly deleted while modding your LS?
Old 05-10-18, 06:36 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Originally Posted by ogwonuzfe
Dude, even though this car is 20 years old
with a couple slight refreshes and mods it will pretty much keep up with any modern day sport sedan - I am personally aiming to get around the 400hp range

​​​​​​Fabbing a front + rear splitter plus tuning suspension components, I feel would be your best solution for that light steering sensation you get when you throttle it onto the on ramps. Possibly try those polyurethane sway bar bushings if you haven't already?

Do you know how much weight you've possibly deleted while modding your LS?
I do not know the exact amount, i haven't weighed anything. The OEM seats are monsters though, it always feels nice after swapping out seats 1/4th the weight. Some of the weight reduction I've done is probably just fruitless from a performance perspective looking in, but from my point of view i like minimalism.

the rear has poly but the fronts are just ingalls rubber replacements. I need to mod my endlinks to be a little shorter too. I bought superpro adjustable but they are slightly longer than OEM (I believe) because they don't thread all the way in.

I'd really be satisfied with just 300whp, i'm more of a "driving a slow car fast" type of person.

I'm also looking to switch out the fan to two 14-15" electric fans with a thermostat switch, since no one makes light weight/underdrive pulleys I guess it is the next best thing. But if anyone knows if I can tap into that bolt on the top of the thermostat housing, that would be great, otherwise it is going to be trial and error.
Old 06-18-18, 09:13 AM
blumagic
Rookie

spaced out the front a bit more, put the gurney flap on, and drove it hundreds of miles massacring thousands of bugs

Old 10-17-18, 07:15 AM
blumagic
Rookie

it's been a while, not much changed

Used some Ivory paint on a non-car project and really liked it. So I sprayed my console the same.
The anti-VIP build-2mmibva.jpg

265s on the rear, confirmed they will fit the front without any changes. So i'll get those eventually
The following users liked this post:
kupeaholic (11-01-22)
Old 01-10-19, 12:36 PM
PaulM73
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like what you did with your LS. This is definitely the sort of direction that I would like to go when I start freshening mine up. I'm not a big fan of stretched tires or the VIP look, but rather the "tuner" or function over form aspect. In the end, I feel that your wheel selection really brought the whole car together. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for it. Keep up the great job!
LS400nooby (12-25-19)
Old 02-01-19, 08:33 AM
markwing05
Driver School Candidate

I'm getting a Mercedes-Benz 190E AMG vibe from this. It's really refreshing to see this build and I'm really excited to see what you do next! I was kinda taken aback by the wing, but I love it!

Last edited by markwing05; 02-01-19 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-07-19, 10:45 AM
kos
Advanced

Received 115 Likes on 97 Posts

Not my cup of tea, but can definitely appreciate the work in it!
Dirtyfoeth (01-23-20)
Old 09-29-22, 06:58 AM
Aneal
2nd gear

I love this, what you thinking power wise cams, injectors and a supercharger or turbo? And also what spring rates did you go with on your coilovers?