Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

The anti-VIP build

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-17, 01:50 PM
blumagic
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nothing interesting besides taking pics and my EGR pipe broke yesterday

I have confirmed that the new ECU has resolved my stalling issue, drove 1+hours yesterday with no issues.....besides my EGR pipe breaking LOL

i need to paint my wing, i have the risers 1/4 done just been lazy
Old 06-05-17, 06:22 AM
blumagic
Rookie

my speedometer falls off the spring or whatever in the cluster when I hit a bump on the highway so i wired in a power cable for my 7 plus.

I'm planning on replacing this with a kiwi 3 the upcoming PLX app or dash command. I'd like to see the PLX one first and see reviews so I can choose between the two.

The anti-VIP build-1rlrx6l.jpg
Old 06-21-17, 06:49 AM
blumagic
Rookie

EGR is about 85% blocked now, one nut on the bottom rounded off. My back is aching and i might hulk smash something if I have to look at it anymore, so I took it to get a shop extract the bolt today while I'm at work.

CEL averted with a resistor, i just need to calculate the resistances on the valve so i can ditch that assembly

Still need to get the new PS line and bushings on
The anti-VIP build-joy74qp.jpg

Also got the R32 wing on, I'll paint it blue later maybe but it matches the trim so it kind of works at the moment.
Excuse the dirt it is the first time out of the garage after weeks of work, some more coming to this in the future but it was nice to have a project that went smooth.

The anti-VIP build-bitgxx3.jpg
The anti-VIP build-fvnxvdt.jpg
The anti-VIP build-ye2yljt.jpg
Old 06-26-17, 06:29 AM
blumagic
Rookie

shot a few better pics ... getting there

Old 06-26-17, 09:48 AM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I gotta say, I don't dislike this at all. Definitely different from the usual look and frankly, I'm a fan.
Old 06-26-17, 12:33 PM
Saurael
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#original #pioneer
Old 06-27-17, 06:41 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Originally Posted by driftsucky
I gotta say, I don't dislike this at all. Definitely different from the usual look and frankly, I'm a fan.
Originally Posted by Saurael
#original #pioneer
Thanks! It still feels so rough to be anything special but I think by this time next year the aesthetics will really start to come through.
The following users liked this post:
driftsucky (06-29-17)
Old 07-03-17, 07:07 AM
YukisMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This build is really awesome, can't wait to see more updates. Loving the TL wheels.
blumagic (08-04-17)
Old 07-20-17, 08:37 AM
Rokas
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car looks amazing. Forgive me but I'm gonna steal two things: painting the calipers and the lights yellow. I love yellow lights too! I wanna leave the main ones clear and put yellow LEDs.

What is the stuff you mentioned that you used to paint the calipers?
Old 07-20-17, 09:14 AM
LOLjasonW
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

looks nice man keep it up
blumagic (08-04-17)
Old 08-04-17, 06:48 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rokas
Car looks amazing. Forgive me but I'm gonna steal two things: painting the calipers and the lights yellow. I love yellow lights too! I wanna leave the main ones clear and put yellow LEDs.

What is the stuff you mentioned that you used to paint the calipers?

Thanks no worry, I just used the duplicolor caliper paint from the autoparts store

i haven't had much chance to work on the car the last few weeks but I need to address the exhaust ASAP.

Here is a fun story though;

I was cruising along a familiar highway at 70 mph and got to a bridge transition that has basically a small speedbump in it where the bridge and roads connect. Now, I know this is usually the most jarring hit on this route but it has never cause me any issues.

This time I hit the transition and it pulled back the heat shield on the exhaust under the passenger seat. It pulled the metal back enough to constantly scrape against the ground and most likely throw sparks. I pull over to check it out and confirm that is what happened.

I have a scissor jack, needle nose pliers, and a 15 min buffer to make it to my meeting on time. I said, "F*** it". I took off dragging this thing trying to not make eye contact with other drivers.

About 20 minutes in i see something in the road up ahead, a small hairy bump, it is a dead raccoon. I do my mental eye-gauge-will-this-****-clear-my-bumper test and I go for it. I aimed the raccoon straight for the heat shield and BAM! took the thing clean off and scared the **** out of the lady in the CR-V behind me.

Made it to my meeting on time, and now I'm just letting the remains of my poor little helper cook off a bit so I don't make the exhaust guy puke.

RIP Raccoon buddy.

Last edited by blumagic; 08-04-17 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-07-17, 06:27 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Exhaust leaks at the usual heat shields under the driver and passenger are now fixed, whole custom exhaust now, no mufflers to 2.5" single exit turndown. I thought single exit would create enough backpressure but I was wrong, lost some low-midrage on the butt dyno. Flys on the highway though! Sound is too much (Loud AF) and there is a rasp from the lack of back pressure so a muffler is next.

I have to say after removing the two other mufflers the car is finally starting to feel like the F&F dampening is correct for the weight. I've removed a lot from this thing and it is the first time i have felt a difference in how the car responds to bumps.

my instagram to link with a short vid
View this post on Instagram

bonus iphone pic

Last edited by blumagic; 09-07-17 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-27-17, 07:57 AM
blumagic
Rookie

A few parts on the way, finally found a '98 sway

The anti-VIP build-umrpds5.png

Also some rice! the turndown should look pretty clean though

The anti-VIP build-2o6zrol.jpg
Old 09-29-17, 09:30 AM
chewwyy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good, kinda dug it better without the spoiler. A lip kit would help the spoiler flow better. Keep at it!
Old 10-03-17, 05:42 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Muffler is on, sounds much better and the powerband is just right. I have to say it is pretty fun now, not a slouch and pretty grippy. Only a slight bit of float in the rear from the old bushings, I'm itching for new stuff there.

The muffler sits perfect in the OEM cutout with no modification

The anti-VIP build-e8fhgjh.jpg

Quick Reply: The anti-VIP build