Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 is 350 intake and exhaust

Anyone know of a good intake and exhaust set up for my is 350 f sport
Old 01-19-14, 07:52 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

For intake, the best choices are Greddy and Takeda if you don't mind the extra noise. But they do get a bit rattly on top end, and sound really nice and mean on low-mid end. The Joe Z intake pipe is another option which I'm personally going to try too. It removes the stock pipe, and will make your car quieter past 4k since you get rid of the sound generator. But it's the best mod in terms of gains and it uses your stock airbox. So you decide.

For exhaust, right now there are several options. The new Joe Z exhaust sounds really good, but looks very close to stock. There is the magnaflow. And then another member here has modified the stock exhaust , not sure of the details which I'm still trying to figure out. But it sounds really good. If I were you, I'd wait for HKS and Greddy to come out with theirs because they usually have the best sound, look and price of them all.
Old 01-20-14, 06:44 AM
Wilnard
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
For intake, the best choices are Greddy and Takeda if you don't mind the extra noise. But they do get a bit rattly on top end, and sound really nice and mean on low-mid end. The Joe Z intake pipe is another option which I'm personally going to try too. It removes the stock pipe, and will make your car quieter past 4k since you get rid of the sound generator. But it's the best mod in terms of gains and it uses your stock airbox. So you decide.

For exhaust, right now there are several options. The new Joe Z exhaust sounds really good, but looks very close to stock. There is the magnaflow. And then another member here has modified the stock exhaust , not sure of the details which I'm still trying to figure out. But it sounds really good. If I were you, I'd wait for HKS and Greddy to come out with theirs because they usually have the best sound, look and price of them all.
Thank you I'm gonna wait then to hear the Greddy I want somthing quite as far as the exhaust goes but I wanna hear the motor scream at 5 grand for a intake. What do you mean the intake rattles on the top end
Old 01-20-14, 08:46 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Might want to post in the performance section, lots of threads on this same topic
Old 01-20-14, 11:20 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wilnard
Thank you I'm gonna wait then to hear the Greddy I want somthing quite as far as the exhaust goes but I wanna hear the motor scream at 5 grand for a intake. What do you mean the intake rattles on the top end
It certainly screams all the way to the redline. It sounds amazing actually till you get to about 6k, then it sounds like a hollow tin can for a second before it shifts. That's just the nature of an open (no air box) short ram intake. I've heard it on every single car which similar intake. If you don't want that, you gotta use the stock box with go with Joe Z. or you can try the short ram and maybe you'll like it. I'm just really picky about the sound.
Old 01-20-14, 01:57 PM
Wilnard
Driver School Candidate

It certainly screams all the way to the redline. It sounds amazing actually till you get to about 6k, then it sounds like a hollow tin can for a second before it shifts. That's just the nature of an open (no air box) short ram intake. I've heard it on every single car which similar intake. If you don't want that, you gotta use the stock box with go with Joe Z. or you can try the short ram and maybe you'll like it. I'm just really picky about the sound.
I'm really picky as well lol I have another question for you I just lowered the cAr is350 2014 on tien s tech springs and I got my car aligned but the rear left is at -1.36 and the rear right (passenger) is at -2.56. Why is that ? Also my friend lowered the same car on coil overs and his rear is almost exactly the same rear negative spec on both side -2.6 and 2.5 why is that
Old 01-20-14, 01:58 PM
Wilnard
Driver School Candidate

I'm really picky as well lol I have another question for you I just lowered the cAr is350 2014 on tien s tech springs and I got my car aligned but the rear left is at -1.36 and the rear right (passenger) is at -2.56. Why is that ? Also my friend lowered the same car on coil overs and his rear is almost exactly the same rear negative spec on both side -2.6 and 2.5 why is that. Same exact rim set up and tires as well
Old 01-21-14, 12:23 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

It could be one of these reasons
1) your initial alignment was off to begin with.
2) when you installed the springs, one of them didn't sit perfectly inside the cup and one side is actually a bit higher. It doesn't take much to throw off the camber because it really starts to gain camber when tire is near fender.
3) something during the install threw off the camber on one side. I don't see how that's possible, but it is possible.
4) make sure both springs are of same rates. One could have been accidentally mistaken for a spring of different rate and doesn't compress as much as the other side (rare occurrence but could happen)
5) The alignment shop made a mistake at measuring the camber if they mounted the plates slightly off onto the rims. That could happen too. Every shop can make some stupid mistakes like that

I would check all of the above, if the problem persists, either try different springs or get coilovers or have someone knowledgeable look into it.