Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Revive 2003 Sport Design Boring Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-13, 01:59 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, I almost sold the car twice. At this point unless I find a killer deal on a hardtop Supra it's staying!

I'm on the pro plus setup. To be completely honest I don't like it. The bags, lines, and compression fitting setup is nice but the management is pretty frustrating. at ride height I'm usually like 120-130 front 110-100 rear, but that changes constantly. lol
Old 10-13-13, 11:29 PM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What managment you running? I'm using accuair switchspeed. Very simple and user friendly. But like you I do need to adjust it from time to time. But adjust it a lot when I got a full load of peeps in there. I hear elevel is where its at! What else you got planned for the gs?
Old 10-18-13, 08:58 AM
Revive
Lead Lap

My whole air setup is the K-Sport Pro Plus. I'm eventually going to e-level! After I finish up my trunk interior next mods are Comp turbo and some engine stuffs, then a hydro e-brake and 5spd. And somewhere down the line it'll get a repaint but not until after I move out of upstate NY!

I'm still daily driving the GS for now until winter comes. I love driving it. So everything I do happens over a weekend, basically. In a month or so it'll be in the garage full time and I can putt around in my 5 series. lol

Last edited by Revive; 10-18-13 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-18-13, 11:27 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

revive... i have a hookup on full elevel kit if youre interested. PM me.
Old 10-20-13, 11:39 AM
Revive
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by excluesive
revive... i have a hookup on full elevel kit if youre interested. PM me.
Appreciate it bro. It'll be a few months before I make the change over. Work has me busy 7 days a week so not much free time..

Latest updates:
*Put my crappy XXR's back on:

More to come soon

Last edited by Revive; 06-21-14 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-27-14, 10:23 AM
Revive
Lead Lap

Haven't worked on my car much this winter, so not much to update. My latest impulse buy is a set of AIT aka B-Magic fenders. Not everyone will approve of fiberglass fenders, especially these. So here goes nothin haha:

At first glance they're pretty rough. None of the mounting holes were drilled out and nether are the vents, some places need trimming down etc.. I almost didn't bother with it, but after a few beers and boredom I figured what the heck.

Here's where it sits at the moment

Haven't had a chance to mount up the lower fender caps yet. I'll do a mini write up as I work the driver side for anyone curious about the work involved... And hopefully a better camera! lol

Last edited by Revive; 06-21-14 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-27-14, 03:28 PM
perrychad1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually like the XXr wheels. Keep up the great work. Will b hawking ur progress. Update? Lol
Old 03-28-14, 07:52 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

nice fenders . should flow nicely.
Old 03-28-14, 11:09 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ What they said... I like both the wheels and the fenders
Old 03-28-14, 11:18 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fenders are pretty dam nice....
Old 04-03-14, 07:04 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Not much to update. I only had a few hours to mess with the car today. Made a little progress with the passenger fender cap. Chrome trim pops on pretty nicely. The lower "apron" needed work. It's the little piece at the bottom of the cap that fills the gap between the side skirt. On the stock fender caps, there's two small screws that hold the apron on. I had to sand down a lot of fiberglass material to make it sit flush. Using screws would probably make dimples on the front of the cap, so I decided to use epoxy to mount instead.

The apron has a lip that sits on a groove at the front side of the stock cap. I used a razor knife to cut the lip off. Also had to trim a little off the backside of the apron..

Here's a completed side vs unfinished for comparison.

If anyone is actually interested in this stuff, I can take pics of all this stuff on the other side. I'll snap some more pics in better lighting tomorrow.

Last edited by Revive; 12-30-15 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-05-14, 10:45 AM
Revive
Lead Lap

My chrome trim was looking foggy and orange from the years of Hawaii red dirt. Decided to do a have a go with some mothers polish. Love that stuff.

Starting to come together pretty nicely. Mounting the fenders is simple. It's the small detail that's going to make or break this endeavor..

I took a look at the remaining pieces yesterday. Found one of the main mounting tabs was actually broken off the driver's fender. It mounts behind the door and helps align the entire rear corner of the fender. Spent a few hours remaking the tab. 6 sheets of mat and resin and a coat of paint later, it's stronger than ever:

Last edited by Revive; 06-21-14 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-06-14, 06:18 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good man!! I like the fenders. What part of upstate NY are you in?
Old 04-07-14, 03:44 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LudeNsoL
Looking good man!! I like the fenders. What part of upstate NY are you in?
Thanks! I'm stationed at Fort Drum, NY. I live a few minutes off base, and about 45min north of Syracuse.

Rolled my car out of the garage for the first time since November, and took it for a spin. Boost feels good after driving my slushbox '86 5 Series all winter! Sadly it started to rain haha, but I took some pictures in daylight. I'm starting to like these fenders now! haha

I can't fully air out yet until I shave the inner fender lip down. Lower cap needs a touch of work also I feel like I've been slacking to get this done, but it's slowly coming along. Driver side fender is up next, and then I have to drill the mounting holes for the bumper and align it. I'm considering whether I want to just paint and blend the new fenders or do a full respray.

Army life doesn't give me too much idle time, but I'll try to stay plugged in with the updates. Hope you guys enjoy the build so far.

Last edited by Revive; 12-30-15 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-08-14, 03:02 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

looking good and coming along... nice wheels

Quick Reply: Revive 2003 Sport Design Boring Build