Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-13, 10:13 PM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

great looking car! congrats on the pickup

just an observation about the F-Sport logo on the back. You should try perhaps lining it up the way the "F" lines up in relation to the "IS" on the IS F. It looks a little funky siting so high up. In other words, to line up the actual "F" with the "IS" instead of the bottom of the F-Sport logo with the bottom of the "IS" part
Old 09-03-13, 09:48 AM
enoren
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LO 21
great looking car! congrats on the pickup

just an observation about the F-Sport logo on the back. You should try perhaps lining it up the way the "F" lines up in relation to the "IS" on the IS F. It looks a little funky siting so high up. In other words, to line up the actual "F" with the "IS" instead of the bottom of the F-Sport logo with the bottom of the "IS" part
I agree. I did something similar, and centered the badge vertically.
Old 09-03-13, 06:10 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^^ Interesting perspective and appreciate the suggestion.

Another........
MOD UNVEIL: Trunk net

Maybe not so much a mod and more of a retrofit. Still, it's a "change" to the stock car so here it is. I had a Toyota Venza at some point and kept the cargo net. Well, I put it to good use . For those interested, note the pic with the size of the screws. I also painted them black to better match the trunk interior.
Attached Thumbnails corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-trunknet.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-trunknet1.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-trunknet3.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-trunknet4.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-trunknet5.jpg  

Old 09-03-13, 10:13 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Canadian ones dont come with a cargo net?
Old 09-04-13, 07:42 AM
LexFather

I cant get enough of USB
Old 09-04-13, 09:42 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
The Canadian ones dont come with a cargo net?
No, we don't. Though I haven't picked up my car yet, I already asked my salesman to throw one for me as I found out the cargo net doesn't come with the car. For RX, we do. The cargo net is standard on Canadian RX.

How about US? Is cargo net standard with a IS purchase?
Old 09-05-13, 12:40 PM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the blue stitching and the custom rear trunk badging =)
Old 09-07-13, 07:44 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

I've been troubleshooting a vibration above 65mph (105 km/hr) since I put my spacers on. After much research, troubleshooting, trial and error, I came to the root cause and figured out a custom durable solution.

PROBLEM: With the 5 mm spacers, the rims were no longer seated in the hubcentric ring. A ring adapter extension for the to 60.1 mm hub does not exist online, local car parts stores, no where.

SOLUTION: Made my own hubcentric ring extensions. Main material is from 6 inch stainless steel clamps (not the zinc-plated metal ones which WILL RUST). I'm able to cut two 188 mm length pieces from one clamp, and grinded down the width from 13 mm to 6 mm. Painted the pieces with black paint to give it an extra layer of protection (also painted my aluminum spacers for protection), shaped the strip into a ring, and put a tiny piece of duct tape to hold the two ends. Placed it on the existing hub which protrudes about 3 mm with the spacers on - enough for my new ring to hold on to. Then bolted the wheel on with the 5 lugs securely. Done! The force of the rim's hub holds the ring together onto the spacer for a secure fit. Ride is smooth, no vibration, and I get to keep my 5 mm wider stance of this beautiful car.
Attached Thumbnails corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-ring0.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-ring1.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-ring2.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-ring3.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-ring4.jpg  

Last edited by corradoMR2; 09-09-13 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-09-13, 05:19 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

MOD UNVEIL: HIDPowerhouse 6000K HID bulbs installed (Fast shipping by the way!).

Stock 4300K bulbs look yellow in comparison (right bulb) in the first three pics.
Attached Thumbnails corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-light1.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-light2.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-light3.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-light4.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-light5.jpg  

Old 09-10-13, 03:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Cool I present to you ***The Lightning***

MOD UNVEIL: I present you "The Lightning" with "F-style" mirrors.

I wrapped the mirrors using Avery Dennison Anthracite Metallic Wrap that closely matches the F-Sport logo and wheels, and surrounding it is 3M Carbon Fiber Wrap.

On the front bumper, the same Avery wrap, styling the lightning.
Attached Thumbnails corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-thelightning1.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-thelightning2.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-thelightning3.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-thelightning5.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-thelightning6.jpg  

Old 09-10-13, 05:20 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow !! Love , love what you did to the mirrors .......... looks soooo sexxxxy !!
Old 09-10-13, 05:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

That does look pretty cool. What was your inspiration to do that?
Old 09-10-13, 05:26 PM
Paul@howeyindustries.com
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That USB is so sexy!

I like the mods you have done so far, keep it up
Old 09-11-13, 06:38 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2

I wrapped the mirrors using Avery Dennison Anthracite Metallic Wrap that closely matches the F-Sport logo and wheels, and surrounding it is 3M Carbon Fiber Wrap.

Looks great, CorradoMR2. Where did you get the 3M Carbon Fiber Wrap (I assume it is 3M 1080P?)
Old 09-11-13, 07:06 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2

USB makes we want to apply for Canadian citizenship!

Quick Reply: corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread