Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-13, 08:45 PM
phungy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car dude! Keep on posting more pictures!
Old 01-07-14, 06:19 PM
DreLo
Rookie

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
MOD UNVEIL - 5mm Wheel Spacers and Lexus emblem calipers! (Post 1/2)

Love the new look and wider stance.
Where did you get the emblems? Also, on another thread I saw Lexus engraved plates on your seatbelt covers, where did you get the plates? I've been looking all over for those and can't find them.
Old 01-08-14, 03:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Ebay.

Search for "brake caliper decals" and "lexus carpet emblem".
Old 01-08-14, 07:37 PM
NMTIS300
Driver School Candidate

Gorgeous car. Tasteful mods. Well done and keep it up.
Old 01-13-14, 04:33 AM
Kentchup
Pole Position

the car is looking good
Old 02-08-14, 11:34 AM
tem
Driver School Candidate

Watch with interest! When my car comes, I'm going to order a set of blue Muteki lug nuts in our local car store, but I need an advice. What type do you think is most suitable for stock 2014 Lexus IS250 F-sport wheels? Is SR-35 good enogh? Thank you from snowy Moscow))
Old 02-18-14, 10:29 AM
Sfrt
Driver

corradomr2, this is a fantastic thread! Love to see this kind of stiff happening this side of the border! I'd love to check out your car sometime in person when the weather gets better!
My personal favourites so far: that carbon fibre lip, and the blue interior stitching and piping.
Old 03-18-14, 06:28 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well folks, my sales rep confirmed the arrival of my Ultrasonic Blue IS F-Sport aka "The Lightning" on Canadian soil after a two week's long journey across the Pacific. Got the VIN number, it's official. Week of August 26th it's in my hands.

Here's to the beginning of my mods thread, with details to be unveiled as we get closer!

UPDATED September 10, 2013: I present to you, "The Lightning"
When your car is made in Japan and then shipped. Are you able to track it in any way? Much like tracking a package.
Old 04-02-14, 06:54 PM
runbun7
Driver School Candidate

very nice thread , you are the DIY KING
Old 04-11-14, 06:16 PM
Mazz
Driver School Candidate

Hey bud,

I'm also in Mississauga. I test drove the new IS350 AWD F Sport today and actually pretty pleased with it. I'm coming from a 2012 BMW 335i.

Now that you've had your car for some time, any advice you can pass on to me? I'm scheduled to put in the deposit on Tuesday and just trying to do as much research as I can.
Old 04-12-14, 06:16 AM
Striker98
Rookie

What % tint you get on your windows?
I'm debating between 20 or 30%. I currently have 20 on my old car but not sure if it will look too dark on the blue car.
Old 04-12-14, 08:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by dat dude
When your car is made in Japan and then shipped. Are you able to track it in any way? Much like tracking a package.
Not directly yourself but your sales rep can.

Originally Posted by runbun7
very nice thread , you are the DIY KING
Thanks, it's fun making something unique that is still (hopefully) tasteful.

Originally Posted by Mazz
Hey bud,

I'm also in Mississauga. I test drove the new IS350 AWD F Sport today and actually pretty pleased with it. I'm coming from a 2012 BMW 335i.

Now that you've had your car for some time, any advice you can pass on to me? I'm scheduled to put in the deposit on Tuesday and just trying to do as much research as I can.
Honest feedback:

Winter driving with the stock Turanza all-seasons was not an issue at all. Very good AWD traction despite the rough winter we had. So in short, I personally would skip winter tires/wheels. Dry traction, these tires however are mediocre so you may want to get performance tires if you value high-speed cornering grip.

The seat warmers are "warmers" and not heaters. So luke warm on max setting. Some brought it to Lexus' attention including myself - It's by design.

Expect about 13 L/100 km in the winter for mixed city + winter driving in winter and a little better in summer. Should be however better than your 3-series but not by much.

The stock F-Sport intake sounds great, but an after market intake will be a little louder and give your engine a little more air and kick above 3500 rpm.

The stock exhaust is Lexus quiet. If you want a touch more performance and sound, consider an aftermarket axle or catback exhaust. I am very happy with the Magnaflow axleback I got done custom-made bolt-on, and installed all-in for $950.

Overall, this car is a fantastic value, extremely fun to drive, and dead reliable. The Nuluxe seating is incredibly supple, without a single fold in it so far 8 months into ownership. It's a looker and people stop and stare on the roads, especially the younger crowd. If you were happy with your Bimmer, trust me, now that you're making the switch to Lexus, you will not switch back.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Originally Posted by Striker98
What % tint you get on your windows?
I'm debating between 20 or 30%. I currently have 20 on my old car but not sure if it will look too dark on the blue car.
I got 20 at the rear and 35 all around. Overall it is plenty dark as you can see from the pics below (one sunny, one cloudy), and it's at the limit for not getting pulled over and getting ticketed in the GTA. Personally, best combo safety/darkness.
Attached Thumbnails corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-issunny.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-iscloudy.jpg  
Old 05-04-14, 08:43 PM
lov3kuraki
Driver School Candidate

MOD UNVEIL: HIDPowerhouse 6000K HID bulbs installed (Fast shipping by the way!).

Stock 4300K bulbs look yellow in comparison (right bulb) in the first three pics.

Hihi,

got a question, are we using the D4S light bulb? or what other model?
and also what we use for the high bean?

Last edited by lov3kuraki; 06-08-14 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-14-14, 09:50 PM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey corradoMR2... how are the brake decals holding? Any issues with snow, ice, salt, heat, dust, etc?
BTW I'm getting my USB IS next week!
Old 05-16-14, 05:43 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by lov3kuraki
Hihi,

got a question, are we using the D4S light bulb? or what other model?
and also what we use for the high bean?

Thanks lol

Leon
Yes D4S is the OEM bulb is what I know.

Originally Posted by Aeromotive
Hey corradoMR2... how are the brake decals holding? Any issues with snow, ice, salt, heat, dust, etc?
BTW I'm getting my USB IS next week!

Decals look new despite the harsh winter. Very impressed with the quality Front and rear pics I took today.

Congrats on the IS - time flies!!!
Attached Thumbnails corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-isdecal1.jpg   corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread-isdecal2.jpg  

Quick Reply: corradoMR2's USB "The Lightning" Thread