Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

JRiggs|GS Build Round 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-13, 12:43 PM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Opened hood this morning to check the oil, went to close hood, heard a cracking sound, and the hood didn't latch tight. The support which holds the hood latch (SUPPORT, RADIATOR, UPPER in case anyone is wondering what Lexus calls it) cracked.

The car now looks very "awesome" with zip ties holding the hood closed..... should have taken the time to put street tires on the M3 or just fired up the Dodge instead of driving the hooptie GS!

Lexus part number 5321630200 now needs to be ordered, looks like Sewellparts seems to have it the cheapest at $39.71, but 12 bucks for ground shipping on a part that fits in a 5 buck "if it fits it ships" box aggravates the **** out of me, eh I'll be ordering it tonight and giving them even more of my money.
Old 09-24-13, 06:18 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by statix04
:Was going to ask you if your car was salvaged, the first thing I noticed, slapping me in the face, was the grade A job well done for who ever tried putting that thing back together. I bought a 2000 GS 400 Platinum a few years ago as a little toy to see how good I could make it look. After my second shop opened up and things began to take course as expected, the wife and I decided to have our first child, so I decided it was the right thing to do, for my family and I, to garage my baby, oh so precious Porsche 911 GT3, and ended up driving the wifes car, fun SUV I got to admit, yes, another Porsche.. I had to get her the Cayenne, yet I had to get something of my standards, and thats when my good friend of mine that happens to work at my dealership told me!! The first Cayenne Turbo S to hit the United states was arriving in Nevada, so! we made a trip out of it and went up to the house in Henderson, and low and beholddd! I had to... trust me she wasnt happy at all, but hell it was hers so she knew she wasn't going to stop me. Now that she's been all well and has been in need of her car back, after I ended up dumping another 10k into it haha, dont feel safe with her driving that thing really, stock at 550hp, got to say def. a jaw dropper of an SUV, but I now needed a car, but my baby was taken apart as I was doing some engine work and recently purchased a turbo, OOPS! I mean... new wheels for the GT, so... here i found myself with!! the one and only! the ugly duckling! the oh soooo!!! GS Great way for dad to not look like a show off, and get home safe because I dont have a choice hahaha although its not your average.. eh im sure you get me.. but hey! Good luck with your car! get that hood straight! dont want to be caught with zip ties hanging from her lips now! Cheers!
Please explain what this post had anything to do with jriiggs hood not closing properly after u decided to brag about your high end vehicles and your success. Sounds like a slap in the face IMO .

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 09-24-13, 10:18 AM
jriggs
Lead Lap

statix04 - the car was fixed months ago just never updated the thread. As for salvaged, not even close. It's a two owner car (the second being me), one "wreck" in it's life when I hit black ice a 5mph and bumped a trash can against a building. Also I don't like your tone so well.... I'm going to talk about you now...

As for your collection, congrats. But I'm shocked you put your family in a Cayenne, you must not love them. Our old one (05 Turbo) was nothing but trouble, made old British cars seem reliable... And It's a shame you garaged the GT3, it's a rather safe car, even pretty reliable (well compered to the Cayenne)... But then again it's a lot of car, they can be a real hand full so with your family's safety in mind it's probably a good thing you don't drive it any longer, wouldn't want to hear about any mishaps.

-Riggs
Old 08-15-14, 09:25 AM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Haven't updated this in ages. So here's a terrible cell phone pics of the car as she sits now. What's been done since the last update; paint matched side markers, TTE (rep) front lip, re tinted windows, and I think that's about it. She needs a bath something terrible.

Old 08-15-14, 09:40 AM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Another note I have a bunch of wheels I've decided not to use, all are 5x112 bolt patter but I have wobble lugs to put them on our 5x114.3 GS, you'll need 66.6 to 60.1 hub rings as I don't think I have any.

PM me if your interested in any of them. Pics are from where I picked the wheels up forever ago, I can head to the warehouse and take pics of each wheel for anyone interested.

18x10 Et40 squared

18x9.5 ET35 squared

19x8.5 ET35 squared
Old 10-14-14, 07:37 AM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Old 12-12-14, 06:52 PM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Family is growing too big for the GS so the girls for sale. Check out the sale thread or PM me.

Thanks yall