tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks....
Old 07-06-12, 01:05 PM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some times fun things happen. I sold the GS to a buddy that loved it, things happened and I bought back from him. And now I'm looking at having the drive paved lol. Also it's funny how a 3 car garage can get small in a hurry, the wifey is surprisingly ok with my plan to more than double the garage size, then again she'll get her new kitchen at the same time it's a big win win.

New to the mod list since I've had the car back
  • Raised the coils to max height and put stock wheels back on (to get the car to the house, the driveway is gravel fore a few more days)
  • Illuminated Door sills currently playing with the graphics for them currently they are a little comical as they have our last name on them
  • Puddle lamps - always thought these were cool before so figured why not
  • Custom pillows for the back seat (wifey likes to sleep on road trips and the dogs need to look extra classy back there)Re wired the stereo/changed amps - it goes boom now i feel like such a kid in the car it's comical
  • Ziza Super Yellows in the fogs and low beams - make driving back roads a night a breeze

Last edited by jriggs; 07-06-12 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-06-12, 01:10 PM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Also tmf2004 heads up that unit is a touch to big for a standard double din adapter. I took a cheap-o amazon one shaved it till the unit fit then re sprayed it in a light textured graphite black that matches the stock a/c controls rather well.
Old 08-24-12, 05:24 AM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Little update:
Water pump decided to end its life with no warning (80k on this pump). Luckily I'm not an idiot so I caught it before the car over heated on the highway. Went ahead and did a new water pump, ac belt, tensioners (ac and timing), timing belt, plugs, o2 sensors, cooling flush, transmission service, differential service, and a oil change. Figured she's going to be down a few days lets hit the basics.

Ohios amazingly well maintained roads (sarcasm) have taken there toll on the front end, I noted this when I had her on the lift. I'm now daily driving my track car waiting on new suspension components to arrive. Nothing like driving a loud, gutted, caged, stiff suspension, aggressively aligned, fast car on rather wide r compound tires to remind you why a slow comfortable car makes a great daily driver. Parts are cheap for the GS so I'm doing a little more than just what it needs, only the upper control arms are really showing signs of wear. On the list are upped and lower control arms, tie rod ends, and some bushings.

Moral of the story it's maintenance time!

Also since pictures are cool here's one of the tires on the M3 that I'm driving while the GS is down, note the lack of tread depth.... that's how they are suppose to be.

Last edited by jriggs; 08-24-12 at 05:38 AM.
Old 08-24-12, 11:42 AM
harshybar
Driver School Candidate

Are those the GFORCES?
Old 08-25-12, 08:51 AM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Advan A048s they have been shaved
Old 09-19-12, 07:51 AM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Cars been back on the road for a while allowing the track rat to be put away for now.

The check light came on the other day, quick check using the obd2 read that stays hooked up in the car and the handy android head unit I figured out that my bank 2 position 1 sensor decided it had been their long enough. Called my favorite parts supplier ordered up a new Walker sensor, low and behold the part number I pulled (using reliable sources) was wrong. Quick return re research and reorder got me the new one in no time.

250-24225 is the correct Walker sensor for Bank 2 Position 1 on the 99 GS300, just a fun factoid .

Also that sensor is a massive pia to get to, I could get my normal o2 socket over it then get a wrench in to turn it with. An offset wrench made a massive difference I highly recommend getting one if you don't have one. Even with an offset wrench if you have large hands and arms like me it's a massive pia to get down to the sensor.
Old 10-09-12, 05:21 AM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Ziza Super Yellows

Rubbish photos of head unit

I'll try to pull out my good camera this weekend instead of the phone for better pictures
Old 10-09-12, 06:23 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

wow nice, those rims look good bro! def a nice mod list!
Old 10-09-12, 01:19 PM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by neegroy
wow nice, those rims look good bro! def a nice mod list!
Thanks bud! I really dig them too.

I'm debating what to do next. I've always thought black GS's look nice and 3M 1080 is cheap so she could be getting a wrap one weekend, but then again it's starting to get cold and that would make it more like work then fun.

I think I'm going to put the TTE lip back on soon, I just finished reworking it after ripping it off for the 3rd time, but it really does complete the look of the front end. Cars back down at the "lower" but not slammed height, it's about as low as I can be and still get to the farm house when I need to.

I'm enjoy driving the GS but she's boring me. So ClubLexus what should I do next?
Old 02-26-13, 08:50 AM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Brakes are on their way out.

Hawk HPS pads and Meyle geomet rotors on order

I'm thinking about putting stainless brake lines on her as well, any thoughts on brands?
Old 04-09-13, 11:21 AM
jriggs
Lead Lap

Winter wheels are off, HR2s are back on. Tired to do a little plowing this winter and lost my lip, so I'll be looking for another tte one once again

Winter - 1
TTE - 0

Crappy cell phone pic of car right after wheels went on (suspension unsettled)

Old 04-09-13, 11:37 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^ nice. those wheels are a good match. feels good to put your summer wheels on i bet. i remember when i used to live in WI doing that. I am spoiled now, year round car weather
Old 04-12-13, 01:46 PM
jriggs
Lead Lap

For me it was the opposite grew up in Florida, never understood the purpose of winter wheels until I moved up here.
Old 04-12-13, 03:59 PM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Summer wheels look great!

Quick Reply: JRiggs|GS Build Round 2