Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

New Daily: 1992 SC400, next project car

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-11, 02:40 PM
lithium14
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

meh... can't figure out how to get the pic to embed...
Old 10-30-11, 02:56 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1996sc300
looks awesome man....you guys from the south have it sooooo good with no rust on the cars
+ Ah Billiahn guyy!!

/Mainer Accent.
Old 10-30-11, 03:12 PM
Cardio
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to CL! Sc looks in great shape! Impressive goal list for all the cars! Keep us updated!
Old 10-30-11, 04:14 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to CL...Congrats, she looks nice, nice to have a supra in the garage aswell
Old 10-30-11, 10:09 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Those HID ballasts were actually the toughest ballasts made. Although those were the old school ones, therefore they're analog not digital, so the current changes alot causing the light to flicker at times. And there's no such thing as cheap HID's, they're all the same, all made in China with just different stickers for brands. Good luck with your build. I'd like to see more of your Supra also.
Old 10-31-11, 06:07 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

i love your attention to detail. thumbs up!
Old 11-01-11, 01:22 AM
lithium14
Driver

Thanks guys!!

Those HIDs... idk I haven't run them at night yet, but I can tell they flicker quite a bit.

Some things I have been noticing: Tach rarely goes above 2.5k rpm (which is odd to me, maybe it's just the really old V8. Perhaps some new RP oil, NGK laser iridiums and seafoam will help ... lol I spend most of the time above 3k with the supra hahaha boooooost) even at idle, I really got to give it gas to go above 4k rpm.

I'm not sure what the stock tires sizes are, but I feel like the speedo is off... gonna research this in a bit.

I think this might be the progressive power steering that I've heard of, but it becomes harder to turn the wheel for decent curves at speeds of 50+ ... really throws me off cuz I freaked out the first time I felt it and thought my power steering was dying and over steered... scary lol.

My idle with AC and all electronics off is 1.2k rpm

The CEL didn't come back today, but I'm still gonna replace the o2 sensors since they arrived already lol. Summit racing is awesome for small parts like this.

Transmission shifts funny, and I have no idea if it ever got serviced, so I'm leery of doing a flush since that hurts more than helps on neglected transmissions.

Got some electronics stuff that doesn't work (driver side passenger window control only goes down, not up) and the window motors/regulators seem to be dying, not sure which. Those wil have to be replaced as well.

Tint on rear window is bubbling. Annoys the **** outta me.

Today, as you probably read earlier, I got 8 quarts of Royal Purple 5W-30, 8 NGK laser Iridiums, 2 new O2 Sensors, Fuel system cleaner, Seafoam, Carpet cleaner as well as the turtle wax Black box. Gonna do the whole seafoam thing: 1/3 in fuel tank, 1/3 in PCV, wait 15 min, then run the **** outta the car, come back put 1/3 in crankcase, idle for a good 15 min, drain oil, change filter, fill oil, install new plugs, new o2 sensors and see where that takes me.

I'm debating of doing a temporary clear coat job over the missing areas and blending in to the good parts.... We'll see how it turns out after the black box. Also gonna try to fix that dent.

I have my eye on all the black interior parts on ebay as well as some other goodies lol.

And in the meantime, I shall post some more pics of the Supra
Old 11-01-11, 05:04 AM
lithium14
Driver

Getting a lot done to her once the funds come back. Getting a built 7M paired with 58 trim billet CT, finally mated to my BIC DDP and Tanabe exhaust. Redoing the subframe and suspension bushings after that, then lowered and rims (Volk GTS) with Wilwood BBK.. After that it's time to max out BPU @500rwhp then worry about it's super bad 23 year old paintjob and interior revamp. Yum. If I didn't get rod knock, the engine would be done by now
Old 11-01-11, 08:21 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh damn! That Supra is super mean! I love it!
Old 11-01-11, 11:28 AM
luvmysc400
Lead Lap

That's not a bad sc to start with I hope you have good times with her. Your mk3 is clean too!
Old 11-01-11, 08:00 PM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

badass mk3 dude. have fun with the sc!
Old 11-02-11, 02:55 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

engine fan fluid is for the radiator fan. its not electric, its hydraulic (spins with oil pressure)
Old 11-05-11, 06:31 PM
lithium14
Driver

Thanks guys!!

Finally took the time to detail her. Go the exterior all done, interior is tomorrow.

PO's.... SMH. Screwed in too far and damaged the bumper

Step 1 done

Didn't have enough time to finish step 2

In the morning went back over with the detailer in the "black box" and finished step 2. What a difference!!!

Bubbling paint on the roof there were so many chips/cracks in the paint

Cleaned up the spare tire well.... and found this:

WTF does this go to????

Cut connector???

Missing something here... and I don't know what...

LOL it works

Before

After.

Apparently my intake pipes were loose!! The clamps weren't tightened at all... there was some shoddiness going on in the engine bay...

What missing here???

Now... for my issues. The hoses to the brake booster are cracked, which I think is causing me to loose brake pressure during a stop or extended application. Also there is a whining noise that I only hear when the stereo is on (I turned the volume all the way down and I could also hear it in the engine bay... not sure what's causing the noise. It also coincides with the engine rpms... perhaps the alternator???). And also... does the SC have a "stepped gas pedal system??" As in you push it all the way and it catches and then you gotta give it some more muscle to go WOT??? I was surprised when I first tried to go WOT and it hit "floor" so quickly. I tired when the car was off and noticed I had to push some more after it "catches" to go all the way to the limit... ??
Old 11-06-11, 03:58 PM
Flygfsh
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SC looks nice, as well as the Supra...kinda cool that it was handed down to you. I too own a Supra as well as my '93' SC400. My Supra is an '84', however I have an '89' turbo 7MGTE in it! Gotta love boost!
Old 11-06-11, 04:39 PM
lithium14
Driver

LoL indeed, I miss my 7M lol

Finally got the interior somewhat cleaned to day... it's not nearly close to what I want, and I can't wait to swap to all black...

One of the PO's was a smoker -_- so there was quite a bit of smoky convering...

Quick Reply: New Daily: 1992 SC400, next project car