Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

New Daily: 1992 SC400, next project car

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 10:18 AM
lithium14
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Daily: 1992 SC400, next project car

Hey guys!! Names Andrew and I am currently a full-time student after completing my 4 year contract with the Marines (1st Bn, 5th Mar, A Co, 2nd Plt). Here's the story:

My 1988 Supra turbo was handed down to me by my dad who was the first owner. They bought the supra when my mom was pregnant with me, so it was the car I left the hospital in . After I took over, I spent tons of money and time to restore her and build her. Unfortunately, the JDM 7M developed rod knock, so I needed a new Daily so I can build the Supra as a full-time project car.

Due to extenuating circumstances, I decided I wanted to buy a car I would keep alongside the supra and not sell as soon as I had the Supra running again. SC's just so happened to be in my price range. Long story short, I purchased a 1992 black SC400 with a little over 151k miles earlier this morning. There are issues (dead cluster needles, console button lights, cracked vents and door panels, bad respray job) it is in decent condition for a running SC. I bought it for $3700, which IMO is a steal since most running SC's in excellent shape are around the 5-9k area. It also threw the CEL on the way home: code 21 and 28, which after some research is the left and right O2 sensors. Easy fix once I find out where the O2 sensors are lol.

My plans for the SC (after I finish my goals for the MK3 7M) are to complete a full black out of the exterior (including a PROPER respray) and to convert the interior to all black (the PROPER way, no SEM for me). Since she will be the main daily, the power mods will be minimal, with focus on reliability and... sex appeal (also a full 97+ conversion as well). Once all that is said and done... heeeello supercharger!!!!! (twin screw to boot... love that scream!!)

My final car collection?? MK3 Supra turbo w/700rwhp, SC400 supercharged w/400rwhp, and MK4 Supra turbo w/1000+rwhp. All of the best of Toyota/Lexus

Anyways, I am uploading pics now. Will post them soon.
Old 10-26-11, 11:52 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

congrats and welcome to CL
Old 10-26-11, 12:14 PM
SC400-PHAE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus..... lets see some pics
Old 10-26-11, 01:11 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Likewise.

I was a MKIII owner, but it didnt' have a story like that. Mine started life as a turbo 7m, then I went to the 2jzgeT w/ 7m electroincs, then 2jzgtte, and finally 1uzfe.

Then it got hit my a semi

Glad you have the SC, I absolutely love mine, and don't sweat the cluster needles, just got to a 99 cluster and do the wiring.
Old 10-26-11, 01:14 PM
1jzchris
Pole Position

welcome to CL.................put a rush on those pics lol
Old 10-26-11, 01:20 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh my god!

A Lexus owner, that can actually spell, and use punctuation!

I like this guy!
Old 10-26-11, 07:25 PM
lithium14
Driver

Sorry for the delay!! while I was uploading pics off my camera, I knocked out and didn't wake up until 30 min ago. LOL. My sleep schedule has been really jacked up lately. Anyways, without further ado, my SC:

Stock lip a little damaged.

I think the failed respray may be responsible for clearcoat failure of this degree

Most of the passenger side was resprayed

Dent in the driver side fender

Cracked passenger mirror

this will need painting as well

broken door panel

broken vent

Leather is in great condition

Plastic panels not so much

Not sure the picture limit per post, so I'll just do one photobucket page per post.
Old 10-26-11, 07:40 PM
lithium14
Driver

The satellite radio antenna. Gonna get rid of it.

Previous owner before the guy I bought it from must've did some brake modifications. The braking is not nearly as responsive as my Supra... will have to look into that. Also really bad fading of brake pressure.

Not too bad for never getting touched...

Was leaking something at some point.

This threw me off... what is it for??

Previous owner of the PO also installed HID's.... these look cheap and may have to go as well.

Surprisingly clean...

There is A LOT of space in there!!! FMIC anyone???

My roommate was impressed with this tidbit, and he knows electronics. I have no idea... lol

Antenna motor is broke. You can tell the driver side was never repainted, look at the transition from body to trim

WOW. Those pipes are PUNY!!!!!

My Supra in the garage, awaiting a new heart.

See? bad respray job... *sigh I hate when people don't do things the right way.
Old 10-26-11, 07:40 PM
lithium14
Driver

Guess the limit is 25 LOL

So, what do you guys think? Keep in mind these pics are before I have done ANYTHING to the car. If you guys see my before and during and after pics of my Supra, you will have an idea of what is in store for this SC. Of course, the sad thing is, I will not be spending any big time money on the SC until the Supra is done. The MK3 takes full and top priority right now.
Old 10-26-11, 07:53 PM
lithium14
Driver

LOL thanks for the warm welcome too guys!! Really can't wait to start work on the SC... every time I start thinking about what I want to do to the SC, it just keeps snowballing. From repainting to 97+ conversion to full black interior to full LED conversion of everything... to which taillights to use and which headlights to rims, exhaust, lowering, and SUPERCHARGERRRRRRRRRRR. lol. it's almost as bad as when I start thinking about plans for the Supra lmao.
Old 10-27-11, 05:47 AM
1jzchris
Pole Position

looks good..........
Old 10-27-11, 08:29 AM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks pretty good, especially the interior.
Old 10-27-11, 09:11 AM
1996sc300
Rookie

looks awesome man....you guys from the south have it sooooo good with no rust on the cars
Old 10-27-11, 09:43 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats not in that bad of shape. Doesnt appear to have any rust in the pictures. I would spend the money and get it repainted back the original black after doing the performance, if needed. Welcome to CL!
Old 10-30-11, 02:37 PM
lithium14
Driver

Thanks guys!! Looking forward to the process of restoration

why does clearcorners charge so much for their stuff I really want those nice headlights -_-

http://www.*****************/product...p/cm_mt0_1.jpg

http://www.*****************/product...i_led/led2.jpg

these would go so well with a black themed sc... I'm probably gonna have to find a way to do this myself... unless I hit the jackpot

Quick Reply: New Daily: 1992 SC400, next project car