Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

New Daily: 1992 SC400, next project car

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-11, 04:46 PM
Vortes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lithium14
. I tired when the car was off and noticed I had to push some more after it "catches" to go all the way to the limit... ??
There is a button sort of thing under the gas pedal, once you push the pedal all the way down, then you push a little harder and press the button, it goes WOT.

Also, i saw your cluster pic, if you give a little smack on top of the dash near where the lights are out, some might come on. I dont think it will make the needles light back up though. But if your needles ever get stuck (My speedometer would get stuck when i first started it in the morning) you can also give the dash a smack above the cluster. Worked for me.
Old 11-06-11, 05:22 PM
ShiftyD2k
Lead Lap

nice sc... I hope you restore your sc to fresh exterior and interior! good luck

I miss i was work on restore my exterior and interior to look hella clean right now lol.
Old 11-06-11, 07:17 PM
lithium14
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vortes
There is a button sort of thing under the gas pedal, once you push the pedal all the way down, then you push a little harder and press the button, it goes WOT.

Also, i saw your cluster pic, if you give a little smack on top of the dash near where the lights are out, some might come on. I dont think it will make the needles light back up though. But if your needles ever get stuck (My speedometer would get stuck when i first started it in the morning) you can also give the dash a smack above the cluster. Worked for me.
thanks for the tip!! so my gas pedal is normal after all good to know!!! So this little button is ALMOST as retarded as the Dodge chargers double tap to engage WOT lol -_-
Old 11-13-11, 04:24 PM
lithium14
Driver

So today. Finally got all the parts in, did the seafoam thing, swapped spark plugs, o2 sensors, oil, and filter. She runs noticeably quieter and smoother, but I still have a high idle (1100 rpm) and I have an oil leak from somewhere. I think it may be the main seals or the oil pans or all... judging by how the oil is on the surroundings, it almost looks like it was sprayed out. I need to get down there and just blast it all with brake cleaner to really see what's going on. I also really need a timing job done.. the belt looks like it is ready to go. Pics later.
Old 11-14-11, 02:54 PM
lithium14
Driver

OK this is getting aggravating. I replaced both o2 sensors (main ones that go before the cats), reset the ecu (pulled efi fuse for over 10 min) and after a few minutes of driving the CEL came back on and I pulled codes 21 and 28. AGAIN. wtf.
Old 11-14-11, 08:02 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

the car looks great, sure it needs few stuff, but thats the fun
Old 11-21-11, 05:41 PM
lithium14
Driver

Whoa... discovered today what it's like driving in the rain with an open diff. Scary.
Old 11-21-11, 06:25 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3700 ouch... maybe 1700
Old 11-28-11, 12:42 PM
lithium14
Driver

something is burning O.O. there's smoke coming from rear passenger side of the engine bay, around the charcoal canister/abs module. I can smell it from inside the cabin as well, most noticeably on startup or shut down. I haven't a clue. I also have slight coolant leak, so I thought it might be the heater control valve, but it looks clean, and it doesn't smell like burnt coolant. The only other time I have smelled that odor was when I was tapping the threads on my 7M, that mixture of metal and lubricant and cleaner... nasty smell. Oh yeah and I got flat tire... might as well get 4 new ones, since the PO put the wrong size tires on.
Old 11-28-11, 12:56 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

imo you could had haggled the seller for much less. but still a black sc4.
Old 05-17-12, 03:20 PM
lithium14
Driver

Dear lort I have not updated this in forever.

Just finished a timing belt/water pump replacement as well as replacement of the spark plug wires and distributors rotors/caps. Car runs much stronger, but still has issues from before. CEL is still showing O2 sensor code, even with the new sensors, so that is definitely affecting the engine, idle is now up to 1200 from 1100 before the replacement of all the above parts. I did tighten up the kickdown cable for the trans, and that certainly made a huge difference, I don't think that has to do with the high idle or CEL though. I think the super high idle is also causing the huge kick when put into gear, my Supra used to do the same thing, but I forget what I did to fix that.

So it seems the need to do the timing belt and water pump was just in time. I had just ordered all the parts I needed and had planned to tackle the job this week, then on Monday, the water pump committed suicide while I was on my way to a detailing job. After tearing it apart, found that the bearing had gone out and the impeller for the pump had driven itself solid into the housing. LOL. Just in time indeed. Called up insurance, got a free tow back home and lo, the tow truck driver is building an RX 7 and knows lots of people around town, like painters and machinists. **** yeah. I got into the truck, saw an intercooler chillin' on the passenger side, and just knew this guy was worth talking to.

So, about my SC. Over the last few months, I have raged back and forth between just getting this current one back to a point where I can resell it and make profit and buy a newer model year for my mom, or keep at it with this one. Then I met a new buddy of mine who has hookups with insurance companies and he found for me, a 1999 SC400 junked from robbery, all they took were the rims and sound system. It has a full black interior and engine and everything I need to swap over to my SC and make it NICE. And the price is DIRT CHEAP. More on this if it comes to fruition later. I also decided to use my SC as the guinea pig for all my detailing and bodywork stuff. And the decision for now is to keep at it with my current SC, and if I get that shell, I can just get that baby running strong, or swap everything over to mine. Kinda leaning towards the former. I don't like the idea of putting new stuff onto an older car, like new wine in an old wineskin. Plus it has VVTI, and considering power is not a concern, stock VVTI is much better than stock non VVTI.

I'll post pictures in a bit. Cosmetic wise, I plan on getting some spacers and stripping the stock paint off the rims and polishing them up. And I plan on repainting the top of the car as an experiment.
Old 12-02-12, 05:31 PM
lithium14
Driver

plastidip.
Old 12-02-12, 09:51 PM
lithium14
Driver

Latest look of the SC:

Brake work

And finally. working on a new look right now. Opinions?

Old 12-02-12, 10:24 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Didnt realize this was your thread Andrew! Looks awesome man! Keep up the good work
Old 12-03-12, 08:01 PM
lithium14
Driver

Haha, thanks man!! Can't wait to see how my newest ideas turn out. Trying out a murdered out look. Just some fun on the side while I focus on the Supra.

Quick Reply: New Daily: 1992 SC400, next project car