Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

new to an LS400

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-12, 02:22 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

idk if they have but they should, at least that's what i would do. This all depends on having some idea of the effective spring rates at certain PSI for the bags. Now that you've got them there's no point in revalving them as you'd have to replace the dampers themselves with BC.
Old 02-08-12, 09:28 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

i've done some research and unfortunately UAS only makes threaded brackets for megan coils, which have a different thread pitch to BCs. i'll just run the regular brackets and i believe it shouldn't rotate. the brackets simply keep the bags centered to prevent the inner bellows from sheering. i'll be sourcing them soon.
Old 02-13-12, 08:13 PM
MyRolla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm jealous i need my lexus someone sell me one cheap ahhhh
Old 02-29-12, 06:58 PM
pjay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this is why Kristin Amber has been ignored!!! Sup man, its Nelson (cb7pr)...I guess the secret is out, upgrade to Lexus after CB's. lol

That LS looks great man, cant wait til you get the Mod Bug for this one!
Old 03-05-12, 01:00 AM
timmy0tool

nelson, yeah man i still have the CB, just got her running again last week. she is completely different from the LS, in many ways of course. the LS is definitely going to get some mods. i already have coils, just awaiting a few more goodies then i can install them all! finding wheels is proving to be difficult, but that's where all the fun is!
Old 05-30-13, 07:19 PM
timmy0tool

here is a brief update since i was able to do a lot to the car these past few weeks working up to a local show here called wekfest. signing up for the show was more of a motivation to finally put my wheels on, which i've had for over a year now.

first step was to get the air suspension in, which is covered in the thread below:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...tup-ucf20.html

here is my wheel of choice, SSR Vienna Kreis for that original VIP look that i am going after, and yes i have the center caps as well. lots of work went into cleaning the wheels w/o actually fully disassembling them. the diamond cut faces though slightly oxidized are all original.
19x9 +6 hi disk to clear the calipers
19x10 -1 lo disk for maximum lip

next was to get the fenders worked on. i wanted to keep the stock lines of the car and didn't want to do any crazy pulls or flares so i opted to cut the fenders as advised by the person performing the fender work. btw if you're in the greater socal area i highly recommend tony (google his name and you'll see his work). he showed me that there are weak points on the edges (due to the stamped holes for the trim) that has a potential to cause dimples when rolled. once dimpled, the fenders will need major work to be repaired.

armed with a 4.5" angle grinder, off to town he went on all four corners!

next was to install the adjustable toe arms made by studio. the toe correction can only go so far when going too low, so these extend beyond the factory eccentric bolts can allow. as stated in my air suspension thread, i had them powder-coated matte black for more subtlety.

here they are installed. i set them a bit longer than stock then adjusted using the eccentric bolts. when the bolts are maxed i can go even further for toe out! for now they are set to factory specs. they will definitely limit the wear on the brand new tires.

the tires were mounted (went with 225/35 and 235/35 respectively), and then the whole car was aligned at ride height. thanks to 714 tires for the awesome work! camber is maxed out using factory adjustments on all corners.

aired down. i chose the wrong tire size so every fender is actually resting on the tires. i shortened the rear coilovers so the wheels can actually tuck IF the tires could clear which it doesn't at the moment. for now i'm pretty happy with the outcome. i just have to be careful when airing down!

lastly here she is at wekfest amongst the giants. you can't really see but i also installed some piano black b-pillar covers.
Old 05-30-13, 07:56 PM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lovin' it.
Old 05-30-13, 10:39 PM
Dranom
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so that was your car with supastar guys?
looks great!
Old 05-31-13, 08:41 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

started from the bottom!!!

Old 05-31-13, 01:45 PM
timmy0tool

Originally Posted by dengman
lovin' it.
thanks man!

Originally Posted by Dranom
so that was your car with supastar guys?
looks great!
yep that was me! i've been with supastar for a long time. i don't go through cars as fast as the rest though. there were lots of other LSs at the show but i was unable to chat with any of the owners.

Originally Posted by 240benzo
started from the bottom!!!
haha
Old 06-01-13, 06:20 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

looks good!

though i'm not sure if you absolutely NEEDED those toe rods at your height. How were the bushings on your traction rods?

camber specs all around?
Old 06-01-13, 03:47 PM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

SOOOO THISSS YOU!!! My dood, car is on point but why no lower?
Old 06-02-13, 08:55 AM
genetic
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cooooooool
Old 06-03-13, 11:28 AM
timmy0tool

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
looks good!

though i'm not sure if you absolutely NEEDED those toe rods at your height. How were the bushings on your traction rods?

camber specs all around?
thanks PD, yeah you're right i could have possibly gotten away with the stock toe rods but i didn't anticipate being that high. of course i want to go lower but it was a poor tire size choice on my part . i have the camber numbers somewhere, i think only 2*/4* at ride height. i'll get the actuals soon.

Originally Posted by sleepywgn
SOOOO THISSS YOU!!! My dood, car is on point but why no lower?
yes sir that be me! as stated above, i chose the wrong tire size and i cannot go any lower than that at the moment. the tires are resting on the fenders. here is a better shot of that.

more fender massaging to come!

Originally Posted by genetic
Cooooooool
thanks for all your help sean! you lead the way, i just followed !
Old 06-03-13, 11:34 AM
timmy0tool

found a better angle to show the wheel faces!

Quick Reply: new to an LS400