Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DDLexus
the teasing is killing me!
ditto! still can't wait to see finished product
Old 09-28-09, 01:30 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

the teaser was killer! i got to ride in his LS, let me tell you that thing is awesome! Good seeing you again Solo! tell emma I and auntie skye said hi!!
Old 09-29-09, 01:37 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for everyone's patience. Here it is, the final stages:

Johnson and Vincent deserves the many thanks for coming through night after night and helping to finish the car literally Friday @ 9pm.

Here is the grill back on the car after being sanded, primed, painted, cleared, and re-assemebled..

Stopped at Denny's off I5 for a quick lunch. Side Mirrors painted satin black. Lots of work disassembling the mirrors and prepping for paint. All completed Friday afternoon.

Arrived at the Hotel in Arcadia Saturday @ 4pm. You can also see the Sun-roof has also been vinyl wrapped. Notice the roof rails wrapped in black to continue the lines from the a-pillar..

This shows how white the vinyl truly is. Some members have said it is almost blinding reflecting under the bring sunlight.

Last edited by solo; 09-29-09 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-29-09, 01:40 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

more later. working on video and exhaust sound.
Old 09-29-09, 01:51 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TheWraith
hey I dont want to sound noobish but way are you installing the vinyl wrapping ???
I am also a little perplexed... With all the time spent on wrapping the car in vinyl, you could've learned how to professionally paint the car. After a few trips on the interstate the dings from rocks, bugs, etc... are going to make the vinyl look terrible.

While i think the car looks great, i just question why on earth you'd spend the hours putting that stuff on it...

Again, not being rude. I know you have lots of pride and sweat equity into this car. Just hoping for some clarity.

Cheers.
Old 09-29-09, 02:00 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DDLexus
I am also a little perplexed... With all the time spent on wrapping the car in vinyl, you could've learned how to professionally paint the car. After a few trips on the interstate the dings from rocks, bugs, etc... are going to make the vinyl look terrible.

While i think the car looks great, i just question why on earth you'd spend the hours putting that stuff on it...

Again, not being rude. I know you have lots of pride and sweat equity into this car. Just hoping for some clarity.

Cheers.

dont worry, i welcome ur questions and concerns.

going with vinyl i will have the ability to reverse back to stock paint anytime, any day. where as painting the entire car.. u know the answer to that.

800 miles this pass weekend and the bugs wipe off with soap & water like butter. i'll be honest, bugs and grim does not stick to the vinyl at all.. b/c of the matte finish. it literally rubs right off... way easier then paint or clear bra. no tears, no marks so far.. let's see how long it last.

I'm just having fun.. if it doesnt work out.. i'll rip it right off.

Vinyl = Fexibility
Old 09-29-09, 02:18 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks great! i like the grill a lot more than i thought i would...
i think the only thing i would change is the side view mirrors(wrap them too) & tinting the windows so they all match/flow...
other than that... it's HOT. good job!
Old 09-29-09, 02:50 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

final product looks good, I just gotta get use to the black mouth piece on the front bumper.......but a good turn out overall......I like the fact that its easier to clean....
Old 09-29-09, 04:20 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

vinyl looks good solo, keep doin what you do! :thumb:
Old 09-29-09, 06:23 PM
kostya.lyt
Driver School Candidate

Looks awesome! Definitely one of my favorite LS's.
Old 09-29-09, 07:23 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by solo
dont worry, i welcome ur questions and concerns.

going with vinyl i will have the ability to reverse back to stock paint anytime, any day. where as painting the entire car.. u know the answer to that.

800 miles this pass weekend and the bugs wipe off with soap & water like butter. i'll be honest, bugs and grim does not stick to the vinyl at all.. b/c of the matte finish. it literally rubs right off... way easier then paint or clear bra. no tears, no marks so far.. let's see how long it last.

I'm just having fun.. if it doesnt work out.. i'll rip it right off.

Vinyl = Fexibility

+1 I saw him wipe away the dirt and bugs, and like ive said before flat is in for now but for how long? why pay upwards of 4,000 for a great paint job then a bit down the line be tired and want that stock paint? the vinyl acts as a clear bra for the entire car! its a great way to go!
Old 09-30-09, 07:16 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Thanks for looking everybody!!
so i got $1200 left..
who wants to help me spend some money?..
Old 09-30-09, 07:16 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
+1 I saw him wipe away the dirt and bugs, and like ive said before flat is in for now but for how long? why pay upwards of 4,000 for a great paint job then a bit down the line be tired and want that stock paint? the vinyl acts as a clear bra for the entire car! its a great way to go!

let's wrap ur car hot pink.. then Skye will wanna drive it even more.
Old 09-30-09, 08:28 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude lovin the finished product, only part i'm a little iffy on is what i think jun was commenting on as well... that lower part below the grill on the front bumper being black i'm not really crazy about... are there any alternatives to this mod other than stock?? i like the idea of modding it cuz you don't see that done hardly ever (if ever) but i don't think it flows or does ur cars look any favors... sorta reminds me of when someone does the blacked out tails when the rest of the car looks clean as hell.

all in all i give you an A and never really knew about this vinyl stuff prior so kick *** on that job well done...
Old 09-30-09, 08:30 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sojah
dude lovin the finished product, only part i'm a little iffy on is what i think jun was commenting on as well... that lower part below the grill on the front bumper being black i'm not really crazy about... are there any alternatives to this mod other than stock?? i like the idea of modding it cuz you don't see that done hardly ever (if ever) but i don't think it flows or does ur cars look any favors... sorta reminds me of when someone does the blacked out tails when the rest of the car looks clean as hell.

all in all i give you an A and never really knew about this vinyl stuff prior so kick *** on that job well done...
thanks for ur comment.

Quick Reply: ***Budget Build: Project43***