Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Tyre//bad/smell in the car how to remove?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-22, 01:23 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Tyre//bad/smell in the car how to remove?

Hello for some strange reason/ previous agency which sold me the car , they decided to store car/tyres inside the car...
because of this my whole car smells like tyres right now , how i can fix this is there any solution, please advice?
Ionizator doesnt help at all... openning windows and fresh air as well..
how i can remove this terrible smell is there a way , i dont want to replace my whole interior , there should be some way, with chemicals or something which can absorb that terrible smell ?

If any of you have serious suggestions let me known if you are only here for some show and laughing at my misery and unfortune , with my cool car. Please dont write reply..

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-22, 01:51 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

You stated that you were getting the car professionally detailed. A professional detailing should include cleaning and treating the leather and, if you request it, ozone treatment to eliminate odors. Cleaning and treating the leather is the first step to odor elimination, ozone treatment is second, and only used if necessary.

Ozone is not safe to breathe and requires an ozone generator. You should not attempt to perform an ozone treatment yourself.
Old 05-03-22, 02:07 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by panyo64
You stated that you were getting the car professionally detailed. A professional detailing should include cleaning and treating the leather and, if you request it, ozone treatment to eliminate odors. Cleaning and treating the leather is the first step to odor elimination, ozone treatment is second, and only used if necessary.

Ozone is not safe to breathe and requires an ozone generator. You should not attempt to perform an ozone treatment yourself.
Pro detailing means, for bg,
car will be cleaned and detailed with some ceramic coating in the paint , cleaned very well, seats and everything inside willbe cleaned and used a lot of chemicals... but i am not sure if odour wont stay , thats why i need to take measures..... of course they will clean everything inside and outside but i am not sure if this will remove the bad smell...
Will ozone tretment help remove bad smell or its another sales/ gimmick ?
I have never used it for any of my cars..
Old 05-03-22, 02:43 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 442 Likes on 277 Posts

If you ask your detailer to get rid of the odor, I'm sure they have some tricks up their sleeves. However, if your vehicle is a flood vehicle, most likely the carpets need to be removed cause there's probably mold growing under them.

Ozone treatment isn't a gimmick, if you do the research you'll see it's effective. It's effective enough to get banned in certain places, such as where I reside in CA.
Old 05-03-22, 02:48 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by dezymond
If you ask your detailer to get rid of the odor, I'm sure they have some tricks up their sleeves. However, if your vehicle is a flood vehicle, most likely the carpets need to be removed cause there's probably mold growing under them.

Ozone treatment isn't a gimmick, if you do the research you'll see it's effective. It's effective enough to get banned in certain places, such as where I reside in CA.
As you know me my car is flooded it was confirmed today as well...
since car cant move i asked for someone to come for inspection but they doesnt do anything they was lazy to lift it up..
After ozone treatment is the car safe to be used from me or ?
Old 05-03-22, 02:59 PM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts

What is the confirmation that the car has been flooded?
Old 05-03-22, 03:09 PM
bladest
Instructor

Car have a lot of frust in the front and in the rear...
unfortunately due the lack of the time of the inspector, he was lazy to lift it up , and he was not able to see the leaks which i have , he also doesnt remove any tyres he was lazy and busy...
but he confirmed to me about the flood.
Old 05-03-22, 03:10 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 442 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
As you know me my car is flooded it was confirmed today as well...
since car cant move i asked for someone to come for inspection but they doesnt do anything they was lazy to lift it up..
After ozone treatment is the car safe to be used from me or ?
Since it was flooded I'm willing to bet that smell is more than just tires that were left in your car and it's mold under the carpets. Most flood damage cars require the carpet to be replaced or at least deep cleaned.

Many of the questions you have are questions you should be asking those you trust your car with whether it's your mechanic or detailer. They'll have the best answers. And many of your questions can be answered via Google as well.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (05-03-22)
Old 05-03-22, 03:12 PM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

"Lots of rust" doesn't tell you anything, especially if it's underbody surface rust on a 10 year old car that's coming from a northern climate zone.
Old 05-03-22, 03:16 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by dezymond
Since it was flooded I'm willing to bet that smell is more than just tires that were left in your car and it's mold under the carpets. Most flood damage cars require the carpet to be replaced or at least deep cleaned.

Many of the questions you have are questions you should be asking those you trust your car with whether it's your mechanic or detailer. They'll have the best answers. And many of your questions can be answered via Google as well.
Inspector who inspect the car was also inside, and he told me car smells terrible i know that, but he also confirmed that... who can deep clean them is it always possible to clean mold i am not sure ?
Car have rust in places where its not common to have rust...
Do all of you have inside the engine bay a lot of rust with some of the the components of the engine , for example i am not talking about body rust. i also have body rust big corrosion etcs..
Old 05-03-22, 03:49 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

The inspector did not even want to inspect the car. That tells u a lot about the condition of the car.
Old 05-03-22, 04:07 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
The inspector did not even want to inspect the car. That tells u a lot about the condition of the car.
He took me a lot of money due non working hours/ after his working hours
are you happy from my mizery?

There 2 good things from today i saved on road side assistance since car was in the parking garage,
so they charged me 000 and i have not seen them today, and 2nd i have driven the car inspector inside one of my classical cars which i have and i drive on a daily bases, he told me that for 40 years old my classical car have almost close to zero rust compared to this gs, my classical car comes from austria and its in great shape for 40 years old car.
So i have picked up him, from his car, he entered inside my car and i have driven him 10 miles to my parking garage to inspect the car, i have some preparation for him like jack to lift the car but he doesnt wanted unfortunately i had high hopes... we to find the leak together...

Last edited by bladest; 05-03-22 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-03-22, 04:31 PM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

So can we see some photo evidence of "rust in uncommon places", or is it still fairytales season?
Im2bz2p345 (05-03-22)
Old 05-03-22, 04:32 PM
Lead Lap

Received 762 Likes on 512 Posts

Don’t worry about the rust. Nothing you can do about it if it’s widespread.

If you went to Toyota Sofia, they would have lifted your car up the hoist. Just saying. So you trust a random guy to come to your house, who you say is lazy, over a service centre. Got it.

Last edited by 703; 05-03-22 at 04:38 PM.
Im2bz2p345 (05-03-22)
Old 05-03-22, 05:08 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
So can we see some photo evidence of "rust in uncommon places", or is it still fairytales season?
I'm willing to bet it's only surface rust on the under body of the car. Someone mentioned flood damage in previous thread(just sand/dirt in the truck near the pressure vents and under the hood) and he assumes the car was flooded, mileage is fake, hybrid battery is trash, ect...
From the pics just looks like car was driven in the desert or beach areas and nobody ever bothered to clean the engine bay.

Not long before this thread gets locked.

Quick Reply: Tyre//bad/smell in the car how to remove?