Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Tyre//bad/smell in the car how to remove?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-22, 01:03 AM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I'm merging this with the previous one that was closed with the same question.

Don't let it wander please or it will be re-closed.

My advice is take it back to the detailers to whom you paid a fortune and either ask for your money back, or tell them get back to work.

Sounds to me like this is beyond your capabilities unless you replace the carpet and headliner with new.
I plan to clean it by my own, i have a lot of microfiber clothes and i will buy good and expensive cleaning solution from usa for example detailing places uses cheap stuff, thats why result is terrible...
i dont plan to go and argue with them.... so i will resolve it by my own i will try to clean headliner but i dont know how complex is .... may be if its cleaned with good solution it will be fine.
Old 06-09-22, 01:13 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
I plan to clean it by my own, i have a lot of microfiber clothes and i will buy good and expensive cleaning solution from usa for example detailing places uses cheap stuff, thats why result is terrible...
i dont plan to go and argue with them.... so i will resolve it by my own i will try to clean headliner but i dont know how complex is .... may be if its cleaned with good solution it will be fine.
Ozone Generator, that's the only way to get rid of bad smells, even after deep cleaning the car. If you have any stains on fabric, Resolve Carpet Cleaner will remove it completely. I have used that on my headliner.
Old 06-09-22, 01:47 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by peasodos
Ozone Generator, that's the only way to get rid of bad smells, even after deep cleaning the car. If you have any stains on fabric, Resolve Carpet Cleaner will remove it completely. I have used that on my headliner.
i dont own ozone generator but detailing shop used it for 3 hours and after 2 days still the same... please advice can i somehow clean my headliner my car is extremely smelly..
Old 06-09-22, 01:52 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,450 Posts

i dont own ozone generator but detailing shop used it for 3 hours and after 2 days still the same... please advice can i somehow clean my headliner my car is extremely smelly..
Is there any difference in smell when you turn off the climate control? If so the vents could be the source of the smell. Did they shampoo/vacuum the carpet?
Old 06-09-22, 01:58 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by peasodos
Is there any difference in smell when you turn off the climate control? If so the vents could be the source of the smell. Did they shampoo/vacuum the carpet?
After ozone therapy / my car was smelling with ozone for 2 days but after that smell is gone, if i switch my air conditioner to outside air, air is different than my air inside smells different of course....
i think they shampoo vacuum the carpet but with some cheap cleaning solution which is probably no good , thats why i plan to do it by my self starting from the headliner... is it easy these vents to be cleared, i know there is AC smell removals or something like that, i used it in the past you leave full flacon inside he sprays and ac takes the air and throw it from all of the vents.. not sure how its called
car conditioner cleaner is the name i think should i use this or , spray a lot of car freshners will these help?
Old 06-09-22, 03:24 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 244 Likes on 184 Posts

DIY cleaning the headliner without due care is the fastest way to ruining it.

"Fresheners" only mask the scent.

Cleaning out the AC - lots of ways, including disassembling the dash and scrubbing/washing the evaporator. I'd go for the least aggressive methods first - aircon bombs, then foam, then more if necessary. Again - figure out if it's from the aircon.

You can try a TIO2 spray. I have the one from carpro, haven't used it yet but it sure sounds useful for some things. TIO2 needs sunlight to work, so I wouldn't bother spraying it on the AC, obviously. Everything else is another story.

Let me just reiterate that DIY cleaning the headliner (or soaking it with anything) without due care (and even then) is a VERY effective way of screwing up the fabric glue, at which point you're in for a new headliner anyways.

P.S. Ozone generators, at least IMO, are generally used AFTER the whole car's been thoroughly cleaned as much as possible. What exactly was done to the car?
Old 06-09-22, 03:39 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
DIY cleaning the headliner without due care is the fastest way to ruining it.

"Fresheners" only mask the scent.

Cleaning out the AC - lots of ways, including disassembling the dash and scrubbing/washing the evaporator. I'd go for the least aggressive methods first - aircon bombs, then foam, then more if necessary. Again - figure out if it's from the aircon.

You can try a TIO2 spray. I have the one from carpro, haven't used it yet but it sure sounds useful for some things. TIO2 needs sunlight to work, so I wouldn't bother spraying it on the AC, obviously. Everything else is another story.

Let me just reiterate that DIY cleaning the headliner (or soaking it with anything) without due care (and even then) is a VERY effective way of screwing up the fabric glue, at which point you're in for a new headliner anyways.

P.S. Ozone generators, at least IMO, are generally used AFTER the whole car's been thoroughly cleaned as much as possible. What exactly was done to the car?

the whole car interior has been cleaned leather seats dashboard headliner have not been cleaned well if not at all.
after all of this ozone therapy for 3 hours have been done and after that for 2 days car was smelling great. after 2 days car started bad tyre and bad awfull smell again... i know its tricky headliner to be cleaned
Old 06-09-22, 04:36 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Head liners sometimes are a bit too far gone, no matter how good you are or how expensive the APC or whatever is - the headliner glue certainly doesn't care if what you spray it with costs $10 or $100000000000000000. You can't blame somebody for being overly careful with it.

"I know" / "I just know it is" / etc has no weight as an argument whatsoever in a serious discussion.

Since you're worried that it might be stuff in the AC - try dealing with that first. Perhaps somebody else can identify whether it's a "rotten/bad/clogged/whatever AC evaporator" smell. Never had to deal with this personally, therefore I can't say.

Perhaps leave the car outside with all windows down, doors open, etc for a few hours and start sniffing individual interior elements.
Old 06-09-22, 04:43 AM
bladest
Instructor

Can ac evaporator be cleaned without dissambly the dash?

Can i spray cleaning solution in passenger foot like ac conditioner cleaner work? Turn the ac to the max and it will go via all of the air vents? My headliner is still very dirty... how safely can be cleaned? Is there an option with microfiber clothes + cleaning solution or not? i am with carbon filter in ac + anti bacterial
Old 06-09-22, 05:09 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,152 Likes on 1,315 Posts

if you spent a bunch of money with a detailer to clean, why wouldn’t you get them to fix their work and work on it again, plus clean your leather? You already paid them a whole lot right? They should fix their work.

My headliner is still very dirty... how safely can be cleaned? Is there an option with microfiber clothes + cleaning solution or not?
two members suggested cleaning products to try in reply to that question above.
Old 06-09-22, 05:29 AM
bladest
Instructor

If i want more detailing , they will ask me more money, and so far i have not seen Any improvement at all, why i should give them more money to do the same thing without any result i better do it my self.
i will use high end quality cleaning solution and micro fibers and probably will achieve better result.
With the leather cleaning i am happy...
other things and smell i am not.

TIO2 spray from where i can buy this sprayer? I have bought chemical guys from usa all purpose cleaning which i think i might use and some expensive micro fiber clothes i bought already. i have no one to identify the smell yet... still waiting for my gearbox service and coolant and seat repairs...
Old 06-09-22, 06:04 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Then you should ask for a refund. They did not perform their services correctly. Stand up for yourself, stop keep getting ripped off all the time.
Old 06-09-22, 08:09 AM
bladest
Instructor

Refund policy doesnt work at all in Bg.
i am ripped off all the time anytime , by everyone...
even shipping company ripped me off.
Old 06-09-22, 09:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I suspect that’s because you do not stand up for yourself and assert they fix their ineffective services. Did you even try and ask? Did you complain to the owner? Did you leave online negative reviews?

You don’t know if you don’t ask for it and simply roll over and complain about it here. Do something about it.

Maybe the smell though will push you to sell this terrible problematic vehicle. It’s not only a money pit but apparently it smells like a pit as well.
Old 06-09-22, 10:52 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Can ac evaporator be cleaned without dissambly the dash?

Can i spray cleaning solution in passenger foot like ac conditioner cleaner work? Turn the ac to the max and it will go via all of the air vents? My headliner is still very dirty... how safely can be cleaned? Is there an option with microfiber clothes + cleaning solution or not? i am with carbon filter in ac + anti bacterial
You can try.

Will it do the same job as taking it off and cleaning it? Definitely not.

Is it that far gone that it needs this? Very likely not.

Is it the AC evaporator at all? No clue so far, could be anything given your description.

Quick Reply: Tyre//bad/smell in the car how to remove?