Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

I'm gonna be rich

 
Old 04-11-19, 07:42 AM
  #1  
fwhomeboy
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 667
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Default I'm gonna be rich

Finally, I've developed a spray on Quick Detailer that absolutely repels Pollen and Dust.

I'm just kidding fellas.
fwhomeboy is offline  
Old 04-11-19, 07:46 AM
  #2  
fwhomeboy
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 667
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
Finally, I've developed a spray on Quick Detailer that absolutely repels Pollen and Dust.

I'm just kidding fellas.
I'm just hoping someone can help me find a cure for all this pollen here in North Carolina. HELP!!!
fwhomeboy is offline  
Old 04-11-19, 07:51 AM
  #3  
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
iTrader: (2)
 
DaveGS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 28,595
Received 291 Likes on 197 Posts
Default

No kidding, two formerly black (now yellow) vehicles that sit outside.

Saw this recent drone photo of pollen in the air in NC credit Photographer Brandon Gilchrist, he called it #pollenpocalypse.


DaveGS4 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
Beachtyme (04-16-19), fwhomeboy (04-11-19)
Old 04-11-19, 08:02 AM
  #4  
fwhomeboy
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 667
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Default

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. HELP. Someone needs to develop a cure for this.
fwhomeboy is offline  
Old 04-11-19, 08:19 AM
  #5  
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran
 
ArmyofOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Van Alstyne, TX
Posts: 7,323
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
Default

To hell with my cars, my ALLERGIES need help!
ArmyofOne is offline  
The following 4 users liked this post by ArmyofOne:
46750 (04-14-19), Beachtyme (04-11-19), fwhomeboy (04-11-19), joedaddy1 (04-13-19)
Old 04-11-19, 09:02 AM
  #6  
UDel
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ------
Posts: 10,250
Received 142 Likes on 120 Posts
Default

I have a black car that mostly sits outside, it is in a constant a shade of yellow, even after a wash it quickly goes yellow and that pollen likes to stick to the finish even with a more aggressive car soap and ceramic coat, I have to go over it a few times more with a microfiber rag in order for it to be smooth again which is likely scratching my finish. What can you do. Car covers just get covered in pollen and look terrible after sitting in the spring pollen. You can see the pollen falling and floating around in the air at night by just shining a flashlight and looking at the beam, looks like it is snowing.

I have had a off and on headache for the past few weeks, pretty much always happens this time of the year because of so much pollen, should have started taking Zyrtec a few weeks ago. Dogwoods, pines, bardford pears, cherry blossoms, redwoods, are what is mainly in bloom now and dropping so much pollen around where I am, wasps and bees are everywhere.
UDel is offline  
Old 04-11-19, 09:07 AM
  #7  
fwhomeboy
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 667
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UDel View Post
I have a black car that mostly sits outside, it is in a constant a shade of yellow, even after a wash it quickly goes yellow and that pollen likes to stick to the finish even with a more aggressive car soap and ceramic coat, I have to go over it a few times more with a microfiber rag in order for it to be smooth again which is likely scratching my finish. What can you do. Car covers just get covered in pollen and look terrible after sitting in the spring pollen. You can see the pollen falling and floating around in the air at night by just shining a flashlight and looking at the beam, looks like it is snowing.

I have had a off and on headache for the past few weeks, pretty much always happens this time of the year because of so much pollen, should have started taking Zyrtec a few weeks ago. Dogwoods, pines, bardford pears, cherry blossoms, redwoods, are what is mainly in bloom now and dropping so much pollen around where I am, wasps and bees are everywhere.
So, I guess I'm not the only one with this problem.
fwhomeboy is offline  
Old 04-11-19, 09:16 AM
  #8  
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 7,422
Received 418 Likes on 334 Posts
Default

I can relate. My truck:

JDR76 is offline  
Old 04-12-19, 12:57 PM
  #9  
Freds430
Lexus Test Driver
 
Freds430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 952
Received 175 Likes on 136 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
Finally, I've developed a spray on Quick Detailer that absolutely repels Pollen and Dust.

I'm just kidding fellas.
I am also in NC. Don't know what part but in my area thank God we have had rain about every three days including today. By Sunday, we should be done and expecting rain then too. One pollen season the whole two weeks did not get one drop of rain. You could see tire tracks on the road like a light coating of snow. useless to even try to keep the cars clean. When the pollen is done I take out both cabin air filters in our cars and blow them with a high pressure blower.
Freds430 is offline  
Old 04-13-19, 05:56 AM
  #10  
fwhomeboy
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 667
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Freds430 View Post
I am also in NC. Don't know what part but in my area thank God we have had rain about every three days including today. By Sunday, we should be done and expecting rain then too. One pollen season the whole two weeks did not get one drop of rain. You could see tire tracks on the road like a light coating of snow. useless to even try to keep the cars clean. When the pollen is done I take out both cabin air filters in our cars and blow them with a high pressure blower.
I'm in Greensboro and the Pollen season last a month at least.
fwhomeboy is offline  
Old 04-13-19, 07:44 PM
  #11  
WNC
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 75
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

I applied ceramic coating to my 2017 UL right after purchasing it new, 1 1/2 yrs. ago. During pollen season, I go out every morning and gently run water over the car.(takes about 3 minutes) and BINGO! The car is restored to new!
WNC is offline  
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (04-13-19)
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm gonna be rich


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: