Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-19, 12:12 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts
Default Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating

Anyone here try it? If so,what are your thoughts on it? Would like to try it out since I'm not enthused about the traditional application process.
Old 03-24-19, 03:17 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 938 Likes on 575 Posts

Not sure I believe the hype with all these ceramic sprays and ceramic hybrid sprays. It seems ludicrous that these would come anywhere close to an actual ceramic coating that costs several times as much (product only) and takes hours to apply. Getting a shine is relatively easy... for me, protection is where the value is.

However, I felt the same about Bead Maker, and although it's taken several months, I'm finally ordering a bottle to give it a try.

Maybe the Ceramic Spray Coatings will live up to the hype... if so, I will eventually jump on the wagon with everyone else... let me know how it works for you.

Edit: Just watched a couple of vids... seems like Adam's is different from the others, trying to market an actual coating in an easy to apply process. If this gets good reviews, I like easy... I will certainly add it to my inventory.

Last edited by chinee; 03-24-19 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-25-19, 05:10 AM
charley95
Pole Position

I'd assume it's just a diluted version of the original. Their claim is 6-8 months protection. The ease of use is what attracted me to it.
Old 05-20-19, 06:37 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Just coated the car with it a few weeks back. Totally not impressed. I followed instructions to the T and now it seems like it just evaporated off the finish. I corrected the paint prior to coating it and used their paint prep before application. I had some scratches that I didn't fully remove and the Coating just masked them. Couple weeks later the scratches reappear as if the coating disappeared. The car has mostly sat in the garage and hasn't been washed since coating. I'm calling them today for a refund or exchange for one of their other products.

My freind sent me a pic. of his hood after application after his first wash and the coating washed right off. No beading what so ever. He uses their traditional CC and says it works much better than the spray. of course the traditional coating is more labor intensive. As stated above, it's just a dilluted version of the original and not worth the $$.
Old 05-20-19, 09:35 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I doubt a spray ceramic coating is going to be anywhere near as durable as the traditional wipe on, wipe off ceramic coatings that come in small bottles. These ceramic coatings don't last more then 3 months in the bottles after you open them due to their formulas.
Old 05-20-19, 01:18 PM
chinee
Racer

That’s disappointing to hear... well maybe not... it just means that I’ll be sticking with my regimen... polish with AIO Blackfire One Step, top with Sonax Polymer Net Shield, and maintain with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer (every 2-3 washes).
Old 05-21-19, 05:20 AM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
Just coated the car with it a few weeks back. Totally not impressed. I followed instructions to the T and now it seems like it just evaporated off the finish. I corrected the paint prior to coating it and used their paint prep before application. I had some scratches that I didn't fully remove and the Coating just masked them. Couple weeks later the scratches reappear as if the coating disappeared. The car has mostly sat in the garage and hasn't been washed since coating. I'm calling them today for a refund or exchange for one of their other products.

My freind sent me a pic. of his hood after application after his first wash and the coating washed right off. No beading what so ever. He uses their traditional CC and says it works much better than the spray. of course the traditional coating is more labor intensive. As stated above, it's just a dilluted version of the original and not worth the $$.
No surprise to me, I've yet to see a spray on ceramic that's worth much more than the plastic bottle that comes with it. I tried the HydroSilex product line when it came out and wasn't impressed at all. I'm using it up on my wheels (rims) just to get rid of the stuff.

Long live hype in a bottle!
Old 05-21-19, 02:23 PM
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

I've yet to be impressed by any of Adam's products...there are a number of tried and tested ceramic coatings that are very user-friendly and easy to apply by companies like CQuartz, Feynlab, GTechniq, etc. I'm currently running a test on the Mother's CMX spray coating on a new vehicle, and GTechniq Halo on my wrap/ppf vehicle, I'll post some updates here over the next couple months as I have more results.
Old 05-21-19, 05:04 PM
charley95
Pole Position

I use some of his other products and are not bad. The H20 G&G and Ceramic Boost are outstanding products.
Old 05-22-19, 01:28 PM
tarm
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

6-8 months is crap for a ceramic coating when top sealants like CarPro CQuartz UK will last 2yr if taken care of. Even if it is easier for a single app; if you are stuck having to wash and clean more often as well as 3-4 x as many reapplies in the same time as a single app of carpro CQ I do not see how that is either easier or less work / time. 2yr for every 6mth duty life = reapply 4x vs 1 app of CQuartz UK. Is it really more than 4x as fast and easy not to mention likely not close to as strong a coating new vs new.

Last edited by tarm; 05-22-19 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-22-19, 01:43 PM
chinee
Racer

Originally Posted by tarm
....I do not see how that is either easier or less work.
The difference is that it comes in a spritz bottle... easier. But I agree, if it doesn’t work, it’s a waste of time, which is what the OP’s experience has determined.
Old 05-23-19, 09:22 PM
tarm
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chinee
The difference is that it comes in a spritz bottle... easier. But I agree, if it doesn’t work, it’s a waste of time, which is what the OP’s experience has determined.
No, I misspoke or was not clear enough. What I was directing my comment at was total work over time. If the Adams spray and wipe goes 6 months and actually does protect what it says vs carpro that is WIOWO so more initial one time work but lasts 2yr or 4x as long as the Adams. Would having to prep and do the Adams spray and wipe 4x actually be less work than the one time Wipe It On Wipe Off when you look at it over that longer time? IMHO the answer is NO. But I could of course be wrong.
Old 05-24-19, 11:16 AM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by tarm
6-8 months is crap for a ceramic coating when top sealants like CarPro CQuartz UK will last 2yr if taken care of. Even if it is easier for a single app; if you are stuck having to wash and clean more often as well as 3-4 x as many reapplies in the same time as a single app of carpro CQ I do not see how that is either easier or less work / time. 2yr for every 6mth duty life = reapply 4x vs 1 app of CQuartz UK. Is it really more than 4x as fast and easy not to mention likely not close to as strong a coating new vs new.

Agreed and still agree to make the response long enough to post.
Old 06-11-19, 07:25 AM
charley95
Pole Position

I called Adam's about the spray to complain. The bottle states it can be wiped off in 1-2 minutes. They stated that time frame is not long enough to wipe off. He suggested I leave it on 10-20 min. to where it gets a little tacky and then wipe it off. They need to change the instructions on the bottle. I tried it again yesterday and let it flash in that time frame and it seemed to work pretty good. I'm going to see if it holds up over time and if it doesn't, he said I could send it back no problem. This is the result using Glare Micro Polish with the C Spray over the top of it. I know that most people have never heard of Glare products.

I've been using it since 2014 and have always been happy with the results. I keep trying other polishes and always end up going back to the Glare. Not saying it's the best but it always works for me.
Old 06-19-19, 07:37 AM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If I am going to apply a ceramic coating to my car it won't be a spray version. I have applied coating to a couple cars and the wipe on with a microfiber block or whatever you call them seems to spread it the best and maintain a even layer.

Might cost more but I believe you get what you pay for in this situation.