Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Getting Rid of Carwash Swirls

Old 04-17-19, 07:25 AM
javapro
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Getting Rid of Carwash Swirls

How do I get rid of swirl marks left by my car wash? The car is leased so I donít want to go crazy and spend a few hundred bucks at a detailer. I just want something simple that I can apply by myself quickly to the hood and door panels to get rid of swirl marks in the clear coat of my 2018 nebula gray RX 450h. Also, anything I can do (again by hand with no specialty tools) to prevent the swirls in the future? Ceramic wax/coating? Thank you.

Last edited by javapro; 04-17-19 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-17-19, 07:54 AM
xxx350L
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 04-17-19, 09:06 AM
lesz
Lexus Champion

Received 356 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by javapro View Post
How do I get rid of swirl marks left by my car wash? The car is leased so I donít want to go crazy and spend a few hundred bucks at a detailer. I just want something simple that I can apply by myself quickly to the hood and door panels to get rid of swirl marks in the clear coat of my 2018 nebula gray RX 450h. Also, anything I can do (again by hand with no specialty tools) to prevent the swirls in the future? Ceramic wax/coating? Thank you.
A product that works well at removing polishing swirls and light surface scratches is 3M Hand Glaze. It is a product that is used by many detailers and body shops. A 1 quart bottle will run between $20 and $30, but it will last for many years.

Once you have removed the swirls, you can follow that up with a good wax.
Old 04-17-19, 10:27 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Champion

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts

I've used Meguairs SWIRLX.
The following users liked this post:
1Louder (04-18-19)
Old 04-17-19, 10:44 AM
[email protected]
Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The off the shelf products will only mask the imperfections in the paint. If you want a full paint correction, you'll need to shell out some $$$ or invest in the tools/products and do it yourself. I did a full paint correction on my old ride and it came out like glass. Granted it took me 2 days to complete the job alone (my first attempt at detailing).

Check Out The All NEW BD-F18

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: [email protected]
IG: @BDWheels
FB: /BlaqueDiamondWheels
Old 04-20-19, 11:27 AM
javapro
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you all for you replies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: