Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Stubborn brake dust

Old 02-09-19, 12:40 PM
baconRx
Lead Lap

Liked 42 Times in 36 Posts
Default Stubborn brake dust

Bought this off someone a while back and havenít been able to get some stubborn set in brake dust off. Anyone got any advice? Iíve used Adams iron remover several times with a wheel Woolie and a brush But barely makes an impact. Even mixed it with some cg sticky wheel gel
Old 02-12-19, 08:41 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Liked 121 Times in 102 Posts

Some reviews of the Adams product say it is not as powerful as Car Pro X. I would look toward the heaviest duty strongest iron remover spray that is safe for wheels and use that but you will likely have to scrape that off and work at it with a plastic scraper or tooth brush or something and you may end up scratching your wheels in the process, I doubt those iron remover sprays were designed to get those big burned in chunks like that off.
Old 02-12-19, 01:12 PM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

That's pretty bad. If you aren't a pro, you could try contacting one. I get that it isn't as rewarding as doing it yourself, but they usually have the right tools and products on hand. You can pretty quickly burn through a couple hundred dollars with trial and error.
Old 02-20-19, 10:43 PM
Rookie

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

DoDo Juice Ferrous Dueller, CarPro IronX, etc. are probably going to be your best bet...I used the DoDo Juice FD and it made short work of what was probably 3 years worth of accumulated brake dust on the wheels when I got my RCF. Just be aware, it smells absolutely putrid and you want to let it dwell only as long as the instructions recommend, it's pretty strong stuff. Personally, I'm not a fan of Adam or his products.
Old 02-21-19, 10:39 AM
baconRx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UDel View Post
Some reviews of the Adams product say it is not as powerful as Car Pro X. I would look toward the heaviest duty strongest iron remover spray that is safe for wheels and use that but you will likely have to scrape that off and work at it with a plastic scraper or tooth brush or something and you may end up scratching your wheels in the process, I doubt those iron remover sprays were designed to get those big burned in chunks like that off.
i must say im very impressed with carpro. Using TriX instead of plain Iron remover and its working magic. Sooo much better than adams and def turning it a lot more purple and getting better penetration. Definitely a fan of carpro over adams now( not that I was ever a fan of adams lol)
Old 02-24-19, 04:52 AM
GunnyFitz
Lexus Test Driver

Liked 120 Times in 101 Posts
Default Tried em All

Unfortunately, I have NEVER seen more brake dust in my life than what these RCF Pads produce! (Change coming) I've written several posts here and believe I've mentioned this product before. Out of every wheel cleaner used, this hands down has been the best. I think I even wrote a review of the product on the site too. Well worth a shot for brutal brake dust issues - and I own the Wheel Woolies myself too!

Meguiars Ultimate
Old 02-24-19, 10:17 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Old 02-24-19, 10:25 AM
baconRx
Lead Lap

canít tell what thatís suppose to link to
Old 02-24-19, 10:27 AM
baconRx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz View Post
Unfortunately, I have NEVER seen more brake dust in my life than what these RCF Pads produce! (Change coming) I've written several posts here and believe I've mentioned this product before. Out of every wheel cleaner used, this hands down has been the best. I think I even wrote a review of the product on the site too. Well worth a shot for brutal brake dust issues - and I own the Wheel Woolies myself too!

Meguiars Ultimate
looking at the description itís the same as trix (tar/iron remover). Do you know if it smells just as bad? Not that it matters. The only reason I would switch is if itís cheaper
Old 02-25-19, 06:40 AM
np20412
Lexus Fanatic

Liked 107 Times in 99 Posts

Originally Posted by baconRx View Post

looking at the description itís the same as trix (tar/iron remover). Do you know if it smells just as bad? Not that it matters. The only reason I would switch is if itís cheaper
All the legit iron removers smell pretty bad unfortunately. Just the nature of the compound that does what it does.
Old 02-26-19, 01:23 AM
blizzhy
Driver School Candidate

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: