Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Keyboard cleaning gel

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-18, 08:34 PM
RichKeagy
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Keyboard cleaning gel

I'd like to report I've had very positive experiences with this type of product. I do not manufacture or sell this product. This is purely a personal experience.
I have an LC500. There is a variety of interior materials and most should not be subjected to liquid sprays. I think even wiping with a damp cloth
should be avoided on some of these materials.
The gel cleaning products will pickup loose dirt, lint, etc. Wiping dirt,with a cloth can leave scratches in plastic and metal. I use the gel to sort of 'blot up' the dirt.
Something like using a sticky roller to take lint off a nice dark jacket. What else works on the velvet in glove compartment and arm rest storage area?
Do not use shear force (like you use a pencil eraser) with this product or you will leave bits behind stuck to the surface you're working on. (Most are
biodegradable and will turn to dust in time and disappear.)
Guys, I really like this stuff. As the gel surface gets dirty it won't work as well as when fresh. Just turn the gel back into itself like you do with paint detailing clay
to expose a fresh gel surface.
Works great and leaves no residue.
It may even work on keyboards!