Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

GYEON ceramic

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-18, 11:09 AM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default GYEON ceramic

Hey guys, anyone try this coating yet? I have been using CS light on my car, but it seems to scratch easily. Id like something with a little ore hardness too. I know there really isn't a "scratch resistant" coating.
Old 03-26-18, 08:00 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Which specific coating are you referring to?

Gyeon has a few different paint protection options....

Gyeon MOHS
Gyeon Syncro
Gyeon One
Gyeon Pure
Gyeon Prime

Gyeon Booster
Gyeon CanCoat
Old 03-26-18, 08:04 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Which specific coating are you referring to?

Gyeon has a few different paint protection options....

Gyeon MOHS
Gyeon Syncro
Gyeon One
Gyeon Pure
Gyeon Prime

Gyeon Booster
Gyeon CanCoat
MOHS or Synchro.
Old 03-26-18, 08:37 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

I have the Syncro sitting in my basement waiting for 1) warmer weather and 2) some free time. I intend to use the Syncro kit on my car whenever I can.

I've heard great things from a close friend regarding his tests with MOHS vs. Crystal Serum Light, so it has me very interested to try it out for myself. I have become a fan of several other Gyeon products as well after trying them.
Old 03-27-18, 07:40 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I've used Mohs before. My thread on it is here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...n-q2-mohs.html

The coating has held up pretty good for the last 8 months considering how much the car is neglected at the moment. I try to go wash it every few months or bring the car home to reapply cure.
Old 03-28-18, 08:34 AM
Break2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I've used Mohs before. My thread on it is here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...n-q2-mohs.html

The coating has held up pretty good for the last 8 months considering how much the car is neglected at the moment. I try to go wash it every few months or bring the car home to reapply cure.
DO you like it?
Old 03-28-18, 08:35 AM
Break2
Pole Position

I have the Syncro sitting in my basement waiting for 1) warmer weather and 2) some free time. I intend to use the Syncro kit on my car whenever I can.

I've heard great things from a close friend regarding his tests with MOHS vs. Crystal Serum Light, so it has me very interested to try it out for myself. I have become a fan of several other Gyeon products as well after trying them.

What did he say he like about MOHS?
Old 03-28-18, 09:31 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Break2
DO you like it?
Yeah, I do. The application process takes longer than CSL because it requires 2 layers, but the mohs goes on and off easier. The Mohs kit requires an application of gyeon cure every 1-2 months, and that is what makes it really shine. Cure was one of my favorite products to use before I started coating, so Mohs protection + Cure appearance is a great combination. My only complain about mohs is the shorter expected life (1.5years vs 3-5 years for CSL).

I've had CSL + EXO V2 on my SC for about 14-15 months now and it has held up fine. I haven't had any major issues with scratches. My cat likes to walk on my car and sleep on it, and surprisingly hasn't scratched it. If you have really light scratches from improper washing, then you can use Carpro Essence+ to polish it.
The following users liked this post:
shftup (03-31-18)
Old 03-28-18, 11:43 AM
Break2
Pole Position

Yeah, I do. The application process takes longer than CSL because it requires 2 layers, but the mohs goes on and off easier. The Mohs kit requires an application of gyeon cure every 1-2 months, and that is what makes it really shine. Cure was one of my favorite products to use before I started coating, so Mohs protection + Cure appearance is a great combination. My only complain about mohs is the shorter expected life (1.5years vs 3-5 years for CSL).

I've had CSL + EXO V2 on my SC for about 14-15 months now and it has held up fine. I haven't had any major issues with scratches. My cat likes to walk on my car and sleep on it, and surprisingly hasn't scratched it. If you have really light scratches from improper washing, then you can use Carpro Essence+ to polish it.
What exactly is Carpo Essence+? It does everything? So for example, if I wanted to polish off the Crystal Serum, this would do that as well as leaving behind a polished finish?
Old 03-28-18, 11:57 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

What exactly is Carpo Essence+? It does everything? So for example, if I wanted to polish off the Crystal Serum, this would do that as well as leaving behind a polished finish?
Carpro Essence+ is a polish that is safe to use on coatings, so it'll polish your finish without removing the coating.

If you want to remove the coating, then you'll have to use something more aggressive. I have no personal experience with that since none of my cars have had a coating on long enough for me to remove them.
Old 03-29-18, 06:50 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

What did he say he like about MOHS?
He has indicated that MOHS stays even cleaner than CSL (which is no slouch). Also, even though Gyeon openly states that Mohs is not one of the most hydrophobic coatings on the market, my friend says it still repels water better than his CSL does. He has CSL on one vehicle and Mohs on another, both applied around the same time.

Product Review: CarPro Essence Plus by Zach McGovern

To simplify it, Essence Plus is essentially a non-abrasive glaze-like product that has SiO2 in it. It was made to be used as a maintenance product on top of coated vehicles to help temporarily fill in light defects, and since it is non-abrasive, if it is used with a soft finishing pad it will not remove the base coating. It will NOT polish off a base coating. If you want to start over with a new coating you will need to use a true polish with abrasive particles in it paired with a polishing pad at a minimum.

Carpro Essence+ is a polish that is safe to use on coatings, so it'll polish your finish without removing the coating.

If you want to remove the coating, then you'll have to use something more aggressive. I have no personal experience with that since none of my cars have had a coating on long enough for me to remove them.
Perhaps just arguing symantics here, but for the sake of clarity throughout the discussion Essence Plus is not considered a polish. If anything it can be called a glaze or a sealant IMO.
The following 2 users liked this post by zmcgovern4:
Break2 (03-29-18), shftup (03-31-18)
Old 03-29-18, 10:34 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Perhaps just arguing symantics here, but for the sake of clarity throughout the discussion Essence Plus is not considered a polish. If anything it can be called a glaze or a sealant IMO.
Yeah, it was poor word choice on my part.
The following users liked this post:
zmcgovern4 (03-29-18)