Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Ceramic Pro 9H

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-15, 03:08 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Ceramic Pro 9H

Just checking to see if anybody had or used Ceramic Pro looking for feedback.
Old 05-20-15, 03:50 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't use this but i heard a lot of bad things regarding this company particularly regarding their fake marketing. They claim their coating has 9H hardness but it is based on pencil scale hardness, not regular hardness. Also, some of their video demo is based on 9 layers of fully cured coatings, not the realistic 1-3 layers that people use when they coat.
Old 05-20-15, 05:10 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
Ceramic Pro is a newer product to the US market (coming from Asia). They are gaining popularity based on their ambush marketing tactics and false advertisements as already mentioned. While some of their US guys seem to be trying to do things right, there are still many of their installers who spread outlandish claims like their coating has a mohs hardness rating of 9H (which would indicate that ONLY a diamond could scratch the coating)... this is obviously completely false. Other claims they make is that their coating will help prevent rock chips - also not true, paint protection film is 100s of times thicker than these paint coatings, and only it can prevent rock chips on your vehicle. I've seen other poor marketing claims such as 'once CP is applied to your vehicle, you will never have to polish it again'. I could continue, but I believe I have made my point.

I have sources in Asia that have told me the Ceramic Pro products are simply rebranded product made at a large plant that produces several identical coatings in Asia... I have no way of confirming this information, but the source that relayed it to me is a trustworthy member of the detailing community, so I will have to take their word for it.

With all of that being said, I do believe the product is likely a good one when applied to a properly prepped surface... just don't believe all of the marketing hype that seems to follow this product around. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. CP does offer a lifetime warranty when you have so many coats applied to your vehicle... you'd have to get the specifics from a certified installer as I do not know them. I'd bet that there is some fine print about how the coating must be maintained (likely by the installer), and if the vehicle is abused the warranty is void... that is usually how these types of coating warranties work, but you'll have to check on that if you're interested in the product.

There are other professional coatings on the market that have been around for many years and have built a strong reputation for a reason... you may consider one of those as an alternative to the newer Ceramic Pro line up. Check out CQuartz Finest or Opti-Coat Pro

Just remember.... No matter what some people may claim, These paint coatings do require proper maintenance, they are not bullet proof, and they will not last forever.

Sorry if I sounded critical of the Ceramic Pro company, I will be honest in that they have upset me in the past due to their very aggressive and repetitive attempts to "recruit" me to be an installer for them while also hurting the entire industry with their outlandish claims. I've tried to voice an open opinion, but it will likely sound biased based on my previous history with them.. so try to read through my possibly skewed point of view.

Let me know if you've got any questions and I'll do my best to help.

-Zach

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 05-20-15 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-21-15, 06:53 AM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I don't use this but i heard a lot of bad things regarding this company particularly regarding their fake marketing. They claim their coating has 9H hardness but it is based on pencil scale hardness, not regular hardness. Also, some of their video demo is based on 9 layers of fully cured coatings, not the realistic 1-3 layers that people use when they coat.
Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Ceramic Pro is a newer product to the US market (coming from Asia). They are gaining popularity based on their ambush marketing tactics and false advertisements as already mentioned. While some of their US guys seem to be trying to do things right, there are still many of their installers who spread outlandish claims like their coating has a mohs hardness rating of 9H (which would indicate that ONLY a diamond could scratch the coating)... this is obviously completely false. Other claims they make is that their coating will help prevent rock chips - also not true, paint protection film is 100s of times thicker than these paint coatings, and only it can prevent rock chips on your vehicle. I've seen other poor marketing claims such as 'once CP is applied to your vehicle, you will never have to polish it again'. I could continue, but I believe I have made my point.

I have sources in Asia that have told me the Ceramic Pro products are simply rebranded product made at a large plant that produces several identical coatings in Asia... I have no way of confirming this information, but the source that relayed it to me is a trustworthy member of the detailing community, so I will have to take their word for it.

With all of that being said, I do believe the product is likely a good one when applied to a properly prepped surface... just don't believe all of the marketing hype that seems to follow this product around. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. CP does offer a lifetime warranty when you have so many coats applied to your vehicle... you'd have to get the specifics from a certified installer as I do not know them. I'd bet that there is some fine print about how the coating must be maintained (likely by the installer), and if the vehicle is abused the warranty is void... that is usually how these types of coating warranties work, but you'll have to check on that if you're interested in the product.

There are other professional coatings on the market that have been around for many years and have built a strong reputation for a reason... you may consider one of those as an alternative to the newer Ceramic Pro line up. Check out CQuartz Finest or Opti-Coat Pro

Just remember.... No matter what some people may claim, These paint coatings do require proper maintenance, they are not bullet proof, and they will not last forever.

Sorry if I sounded critical of the Ceramic Pro company, I will be honest in that they have upset me in the past due to their very aggressive and repetitive attempts to "recruit" me to be an installer for them while also hurting the entire industry with their outlandish claims. I've tried to voice an open opinion, but it will likely sound biased based on my previous history with them.. so try to read through my possibly skewed point of view.

Let me know if you've got any questions and I'll do my best to help.

-Zach
Txs for the info that helps out a lot. I got my hands on a bottle of this stuff and wanted to try it out and wanted to see what people though about it.
Old 06-03-15, 03:04 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
I just had a reputable shop do the 5 year warranty coating on my car/wheels/calipers and it came out amazing!
Attached Thumbnails Ceramic Pro 9H-image.jpg  
Old 06-06-15, 10:00 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chrisp1
I just had a reputable shop do the 5 year warranty coating on my car/wheels/calipers and it came out amazing!
Txs for the feedback.