Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Auto Detailers NEED help: Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-10, 02:39 PM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Detailers NEED help: Leather Seats

Okay so I have read tons of stuff good and bad about Leatherique. However, I have also read the same about Lexol. Any suggestions from "real" detailers about what is best to use. It is in my new M3 so I don't want to just run out to Advance and buy some random crap.

Thanks
Old 05-30-10, 06:58 PM
DetailMan
Driver

I recommend Leather Masters or LTT Solutions (not available in the states however). Leatherique is more of a restoration product.

You might find this interesting too, http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...r-product.html

Last edited by DetailMan; 05-30-10 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-31-10, 08:18 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jefferino
Okay so I have read tons of stuff good and bad about Leatherique. However, I have also read the same about Lexol. Any suggestions from "real" detailers about what is best to use. It is in my new M3 so I don't want to just run out to Advance and buy some random crap.

Thanks
I would highly recommend leatherique. It's a bit of an involved process initially, however, you only do it 1-2 times per year. The results you get from using this system is unmatched by any other product we've ever used.

You simply clean the leather first. Apply the Leatherique Rejuvinator Oil on all leather surfaces with a paint brush. allow it to sit for a few hours, overnight would be best. Clean the leather with Leatherique Prestine Clean and mf towel. That's it. To maintain, simply apply the leatherique Prestine Clean to clean mf towel and wipe down the interior leather surfaces.

We have a kit that will save you some money if you're interested:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...tioning/Detail
Old 05-31-10, 08:20 AM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Hey Moe, thanks for the information. What do you know/think about the Leather Masters products? I found that they got rated better than Leatherique on some detailers forums.
Old 05-31-10, 08:30 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Hey Moe, thanks for the information. What do you know/think about the Leather Masters products? I found that they got rated better than Leatherique on some detailers forums.
I've heard of it, but have not used it. Leatherique is more of a restoration product, hence the work involved. But, considering you'll only do it a few times per year, it makes sense. It all comes down to time and effort. We only do this process on our higher-end detail packages. For regular details, einszett Leather Care works fine. Sometimes, if things are a little time consuming, the masses don't want to do it. For the perfectionist though, you'll be well rewarded using the Leatherique products. Not too many things WOW me...this product did. That's why we sell it!
Old 05-31-10, 08:33 AM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Good to know. I just bought a 2004 M3 convertible that has 65k on it and the previous owner was definitely a smoker. This is the reason I wanted to be sure to clean it and condition it to ensure that it is cleaner and protected with the top down because I love driving around with it dropped
Old 05-31-10, 08:50 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Good to know. I just bought a 2004 M3 convertible that has 65k on it and the previous owner was definitely a smoker. This is the reason I wanted to be sure to clean it and condition it to ensure that it is cleaner and protected with the top down because I love driving around with it dropped
In that case, I would HIGHLY recommend leatherique. It'll do a great job of getting dirt, possibly tar from the smoke, out of the hide. It'll further help in conditioning the leather for times you have the top down and the sun is doing its magic on the hide
Old 05-31-10, 06:58 PM
DetailMan
Driver

When you said new I thought you meant brand new. Leatherique may be the better choice here.
Old 06-02-10, 02:23 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recommend the Leatherique products as well! They are great for both regular cleanings and restoring leather to like new condition. For quicker maintenance work the Poorboy's World Leather Stuff is also a good option.

If you have any questions about how to use these products we have a full write up specifically for Leatherique products in our detailing guide leather care section or you can ask me!

Greg @ DI