WTB: LS400 rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-08, 04:51 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default WTB: LS400 rotors

Well, rotors for this SOB is really pricey (its like 90bucks each for an Autozone brand rotor...) so I was wondering if anyone had one around that would be willing to sell.

I am looking for something like Brembo blanks like this one...

and not some eBay cross drilled will shatter in 10miles rotor.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-19-08, 11:01 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey coco , i might have a bit of expertise in these rotors. Nothing under $100 is a brand name as they are so big (13 inches). I got some ebay rotors drilled, they are actually double drilled so they have tons of holes . I have had them for 2 years and have not had a problem. I thought i had warped rotors from braking on the highway but on last change of pads i lubed the pistons before pressing them in and now the vibration is gone. Company is called etopline in Toronto if you are interested. The rotors are some import called SR . Like i said 2 years no problems and they do not rust.
Old 07-19-08, 11:52 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

r1concepts.com

Recommended from GSteg. They are like $70 shipped
Old 07-19-08, 11:55 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The Ebay ones actually have performed better than oem on my GS400, SC430, Tundra, and GX in very harsh driving environments. Just an FYI.
Old 07-19-08, 12:50 PM
kit cat

thanks for the tip guys. I'm just getting paranoid about cross drilled since I had them on my old Subaru and they cracked like a year and a half after i got them. plus my friend just cracked his rotors on his Lamborghini Diablo... :eek:
Old 07-19-08, 12:51 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by skperformance
Hey coco , i might have a bit of expertise in these rotors. Nothing under $100 is a brand name as they are so big (13 inches). I got some ebay rotors drilled, they are actually double drilled so they have tons of holes . I have had them for 2 years and have not had a problem. I thought i had warped rotors from braking on the highway but on last change of pads i lubed the pistons before pressing them in and now the vibration is gone. Company is called etopline in Toronto if you are interested. The rotors are some import called SR . Like i said 2 years no problems and they do not rust.
actually, the brembo blank rotors are cheaper than autozone blank rotors...

PS: is this the one you're talking about SK? I looked at the site but they have several brands.
Old 07-19-08, 06:53 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Go R1concepts buddy! I bought the blanks for $75 shipped, then again..they are located 30 minutes away. It might be $80 shipped for you, but it's damn worth the savings. I've had no problems with them so far. Search around and you'll see how many positive feedbacks there are for R1concepts.
Old 07-21-08, 02:15 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Go R1concepts buddy! I bought the blanks for $75 shipped, then again..they are located 30 minutes away. It might be $80 shipped for you, but it's damn worth the savings. I've had no problems with them so far. Search around and you'll see how many positive feedbacks there are for R1concepts.
I concur I have bought 3 sets from the already 2 for the front supra bbk and stock for the rears cross drilled and slotted. They have really stood behind their product and they do not rust
Old 07-23-08, 11:50 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The rotors i mentioned are these, The R1 ones look nice but i have no experience with them. I know the ones i get a re cheap and reliable. I drive mildly but my car is heavier than a GS so it has to do less work on yours. You need to ride a pedal to get enough heat to crack a rotor. I have never seen it on anything but a track car.

This is the guys email as he has no listing for the LS right now.
etop@rogers.com http://stores.ebay.com/etop-line