Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Ksport BBK

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-09, 03:48 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ksport BBK

Has anyone installed the Ksport bbk on a 2GS? I saw a few threads of some 2IS guys with them and they were pretty happy with them. I know for the 2GS they make 14", 15", and 16" rotors, and the 15 and 16" rotors have 12 piston. Im just trying to gather some information if people have used them and how well they are, how well they are made. I did search this forum but only came up with ksport coilovers.
Old 03-14-09, 07:35 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

no info on this kit? Its a good price for those looking to go bbk
Old 03-14-09, 11:02 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

I have no experience with Ksport BBk, but I have D2's BBK on my GS.
Old 03-14-09, 11:55 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Theres more info on them over at Supraforums..Very mixed reactions about the company overall since the product is manufactured in Taiwain...Some are skeptical about the product, others who acutally have the product are satisified...

I was looking at a D2 14inch rotor 8 pot system to replace my Stoptechs..I found from supraforums that D2 brakes are made in the same manufactuer as Ksport..In fact, the calipers are identical and they just relabeled...

I think I rather stay away from D2 or Ksport and stick with a solid company like stoptech where parts are easily sourced and can be had for a reasonable price. If I need to rebuild my calipers or purchase pads, I could order from anywhere since stoptech st-40 caliper use porsche pads..Since Ksport and D2 are from Taiwain, I'm not sure I could say the same about them.

Also from my research, Stoptech does extensive R&D. They test and alter each kit to each car specifically. I'm not sure I could say the same for D2 or ksport..Although, I must admit that their kits are attractive, I think I would be best off with my Stoptechs..Just IMO..

Last edited by One HoT; 03-14-09 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-15-09, 03:38 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

isnt the Ksport office located in Arizona?
Old 03-15-09, 03:46 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The company is in the states but the parts seem to be manufactured in Taiwan according to a thread on SF..

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ghlight=brakes
Old 03-15-09, 03:49 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by One HoT
Theres more info on them over at Supraforums..Very mixed reactions about the company overall since the product is manufactured in Taiwain...Some are skeptical about the product, others who acutally have the product are satisified...

I was looking at a D2 14inch rotor 8 pot system to replace my Stoptechs..I found from supraforums that D2 brakes are made in the same manufactuer as Ksport..In fact, the calipers are identical and they just relabeled...

I think I rather stay away from D2 or Ksport and stick with a solid company like stoptech where parts are easily sourced and can be had for a reasonable price. If I need to rebuild my calipers or purchase pads, I could order from anywhere since stoptech st-40 caliper use porsche pads..Since Ksport and D2 are from Taiwain, I'm not sure I could say the same about them.

Also from my research, Stoptech does extensive R&D. They test and alter each kit to each car specifically. I'm not sure I could say the same for D2 or ksport..Although, I must admit that their kits are attractive, I think I would be best off with my Stoptechs..Just IMO..
I've had the D2 BBK on my car for the last two years and never have I had a problem with them. I've race with them and compete in various scca type auto-X events and have gone through three sets of pads with these calipers and I've been nothing but satisfied. As for brake pads choice, I think that you'll have a wide array to choose from. Off the top of my mind, I know that AP racing, Ferrodo, Bendix, Performance Friction, Alcon, and Carbotech makes pads for the D2 BBK setup. I've personally ran the AP racing, Performance Friction, and is currently running the carbotech XP-10 pads right now on my setup and they prove to be worth every penny. I can drive it daily or on the track. The last time I was on the dragon doing some runs with the STI boys in my GS300, I was neck and neck with them in the corners and turns and when we found a place to stop and relax, I notice that all the STI's brakes were basically pink and faded while my D2 BBK just simply release some smoke. Never did I notice any fade at all. So I'm satisfied..
Old 03-15-09, 03:50 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

KSport does have an office here in the states, but I wouldn't be least surprised if manufacturing and designs are done overseas. I'm not sold on Ksport yet. I'd trust Stoptech far more than KSport, especially since Stoptech have done extensive R&D. They dont throw in random calipers plus brackets and call it a day.
Old 03-15-09, 05:35 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I like my stoptech a lot dont get me wrong, but they dont offer a rear kit for the 2GS, I have looked at brembo and endless, both quite a bit more expensive, but I may go the brembo route. Endless is big $ and only 13" rotors
Old 03-15-09, 06:27 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i think i would put up some money for the ksport/d2racing bbk's, but i wouldnt know how to show them off since these wheels i have coming from japan are full faced and step lipped.

i know they are in the US and that is a huge +++ for me
Old 08-06-09, 06:58 PM
timgs300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking of these ksports. Good price and they look real nice. Wonder if anyone has pics of it installed?
Old 08-06-09, 08:59 PM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For the money StopTech's might be a better choice. www.assaultech.com, one of the sponsers here has then at a nice price using their discount code.