Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Toms Advox Sports coilovers - anyone here experienced them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-07, 02:52 PM
dle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toms Advox Sports coilovers - anyone here experienced them?

I just picked up a set locally. Has any experienced how they ride? Im also looking for the spring rate if you have that info. thanks.
Old 06-27-07, 11:42 AM
dle
Pole Position

Thumbs up

expect a full write up on these Toms Advox Sports coilovers soon!

From looking at my newest hyper rev aristo issue, it looks like they are rated at 9 in the front and 6.3 in the rear. Can anyone verify this?
Old 06-27-07, 01:07 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did you get my PM??
and I hope you like them!
Old 06-27-07, 06:07 PM
dle
Pole Position

Yuki, thanks for the great response. Im gonna go ahead and post it here since there is almost nothing be found on reviews about the Advox comforts and the advox sports anywhere. Honestly, ever since joining CL, everyone has been so helpful.

I can't give you a direct impression since I had it on my Aristo V300 Vertex Edition back in 2001 since the day I got it and I also had the Advox Comfort (not sport).

"The Advox Comfort felt like OEM but more (in comparison to my GS4). Its extremely stable at corners (even at tight Rs), and it is a lot more precise and responsive. It'll get rid of that I-have-a-bigass-boat feeling. I also had some member braces on my Aristo but it EASILY outhandled a BMW...but never achieved that razor like steering feel though. The only times, and on very rare occasions, was when I'm either going up or downhill, coming to a stop, the car would pitch, and I even had lightweight forged wheels. I loved it, I've heard some people hating it b/c they either wanted more performance or more OEM like ride. But I wanted my car to out handle a M5 (E39 at the time), and Tom's is a tad tight, but comfortable enough for daily use, and handles really nice.

Anywho for 800bucks, it is definitly worth it. I even PMed the seller to see if he would go down a little bit to put it on my GS4. Get set of front and rear lower braces and you're golden.

BUT, if you want that VIP look, I wouldn't get it. It's more for people who want performance, not to mention the seller has an Advox Sport. If you want VIP car like suspension, just get Aragosta or Quantam. Tom's is not what you want for a VIP like car.

Just my 2 cents, hope that helped.
Yuki"

PS - the seller (johnny aka gotparts?) ending giving me an ever BETTER deal then 800! What a deal!
Old 06-27-07, 06:25 PM
kit cat

lol, keep in mind that was my impression when I was like 18-19 years old and my friend I both agreed that it felt like it outhandled my friend's E46 330Ci M-Sport on the C1 highway (shutoko, the highway you see on F&F Tokyo Drift).

and it wont lower your car like those VIP cars. It'll lower it just enough, but not excessively.
Old 06-27-07, 06:29 PM
dle
Pole Position

i like alot of the vip styling cues except for the slammed look. im aiming towards vip/exe styling, with performance oriented handling on coilovers, so these should be perfect!

ah - ic your in tokyo. man, i shouldve contacted you earlier when i was in town for this past tokyo auto salon show in january! i was looking for places to go and things to do!
Old 06-27-07, 07:23 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by dle
i like alot of the vip styling cues except for the slammed look. im aiming towards vip/exe styling, with performance oriented handling on coilovers, so these should be perfect!

ah - ic your in tokyo. man, i shouldve contacted you earlier when i was in town for this past tokyo auto salon show in january! i was looking for places to go and things to do!
thats what I was aiming for too. I love VIP style, but its just too impractical. you'll love the Tom's then. Most ClubAristo member would tell you how great it is if they spoke Engrish.

and I was in Tokyo but im in the States now for ejumacation b/c i cant spell or write good.
Old 06-28-07, 11:21 AM
gotparts?
Picture Posting Impaired

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
lol, keep in mind that was my impression when I was like 18-19 years old and my friend I both agreed that it felt like it outhandled my friend's E46 330Ci M-Sport on the C1 highway (shutoko, the highway you see on F&F Tokyo Drift).

and it wont lower your car like those VIP cars. It'll lower it just enough, but not excessively.
you can tuck on these coilovers. trust me, i tried it.