Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

anybody change setup from eibach to other springs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-04, 11:25 PM
ikankoi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody change setup from eibach to other springs?

i am wondering if anyone here ever had eibach drop then changed it to other more lower springs (NOT coilovers). I have my eibach/ltuned setup for about 8 months now, running 19 with 245/35 and 275/30. the ride is absolutely perfect for comfortablility. but I always have mixed feeing about the drop. 21/2 finger front gap and 11/2 finger rear, from some angle it looks perfect, but sometimes seems it has no drop at all. im thinking of swapping them eibach with either daizen or espelir to get a bit more drop just strictly for the look, while still keeping the ltuned shocks. i heard that only eibach has the maximum drop without camber problems, anything more than 1inch will get some. i need opinion on these other springs alternative, and the camber problem as well. thanks
Old 07-25-04, 10:49 AM
gsfour
Pole Position

I'm in the same boat you are ikankoi. I have the Eibach/Bilstein setup....while nice, i want more of a drop. I'm also considering Daizen, but looking into TEIN Flex coilovers too.

I've asked people if I should drop and some say....it's NICE the way it is or keep it the way it is..so clean.
That's cool but I want to go beyond just NICE. Maybe you feel the same way?

Exactly, some angles it looks tight, but then others, especially the side view....it looks jacked up sometimes.

We'll probably run into some camber issues, but my car isn't a daily driver so I don't care so much about tire wear. Plus...keep your fingers crossed.. daizen is supposed to come out with the camber kit for the GS in sept04.

Prior to going to the beg. of summer meet in Sac I was fine with my mods. Then you see all these GS modded to the next level. Needless to say, I've been inspired to do some more modding to bring my car to the next level as well.

So if I go the Daizen coil spring route, I'll let you know how it goes. I also believe in one of the threads about coilovers vs springs there were some pics of daizen setups.

Right now I'm swaying towards coilvers because it will give more flexibility not just for dampering rates, but also IF I ever change the wheels to 19s or 20s, I'll have the flexibility to raise or lower the car if I need to.

Good luck!
Old 07-25-04, 02:17 PM
ikankoi
Driver

That's cool but I want to go beyond just NICE. Maybe you feel the same way?
LOL i guess the correct word to descirbe the feeling is BORED. afterall, this mod bugs is the only thing that is constantly biting us... so coilover should be the "cure" since it has ability to change setup to satisfy our endless passion..haha.. too bad im not yet in the position to drop $1K+ for suspension

however, gsfour, let me know if you ever take the springs route instead of coilover...
Old 07-25-04, 03:37 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

you guys have way to much time on your hands , just bored

just joking , i am in the same boat , i have the ltuned springs with bilstein sports and all the other braces known to man .. the car can easily outhandle bimmers and benzs hands down but the height sometimes bugs the hell out of me.. from a distance at the right angle the drop is sweet from other angles the drop looks min.

i am toying with the idea of doing bilstein pss coilovers seeing how much i like the performance of the bilstein sport shocks now.. adjustable damping i dont really need for bilstein with their digressive valving knows how to set the dampers perfectly and my next set of tires are going to be the michelin ps2 for they are releasing a 285/30/19 for the rear next month which means the od will match exactly the fronts but at least the rear overall appearance will be about 1/4 taller sidewall to help give the illusion that the rear is lower then with the 275/30 on their now which is just slightlty under 1/4 shorter then the fronts at 245/35

man when will this all stop
Old 07-25-04, 05:22 PM
ikankoi
Driver

you guys have way to much time on your hands , just bored
well tell me about it :P need to get a steady gf.... or even a wifey...
Old 07-25-04, 11:58 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

Even with the g/f or wifey, you'll still mod...just have to do it in stealth mode.

"yeah honey...the car has always looked that way. In fact, I might have to bring it in for regular maintenance next week."
Old 07-26-04, 10:14 AM
ikankoi
Driver

ROFLMAO... this thread is getting abit off hands eh..
i remember i had gf when i bought this car, it was bone stock ,and i always told her that i want to lower it... shes totally against the idea since it is lexus and it would lose its comfy ride bla bla bla.. one day i took a day off then went to install eibach, took her for ride afterwards for almost a month without telling her.. one day she brought up the subject about not lowering it, and i said "hun, i just did it last month, and you dont even notice it???" after that, she didnt talk to me for almost a week

btw, i just check out tmengneering, they carry Tein S.Tech for only $180??? for 1.8/1.7in drop, it is even cheaper than daizen, and seems perfect drop... now i always hear the term 'youll get waht you pay" but can you go wrong with any TEIN products??