Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Sways, TRD Sways, OR Toms Sways :Which is Recommended?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-03, 07:47 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Daizen Sways, TRD Sways, OR Toms Sways :Which is Recommended?

I have searched posts, and was curious to know...what are ppls thoughts?

Initially i was going to get the TRD's, but i have heard ppl saying they are way too stiff. Then i heard that Daizen's are softer feeling but still handle like the TRD. What have you guys heard/found out?

Here is my setup. I will have the L-tuned struts and eibach springs...18" rims.

Thanks
Old 10-28-03, 07:58 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

koreanpers,

I hate to say this, but if you searched threads and read them, you'd know people's thoughts on this topic.

It has been debated and discussed ad-nauseum. Many many many conversations. Threads on this topic often turn into arguments for one reason or another.

Not trying to stifle your curiosity on the sways, but I know it exists in the forum already and the moderators are a bit cautious of this topic.

Please let me know specifically what you did not find when you searched that you were looking for.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-28-03 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-28-03, 09:24 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with Dave. The topic is very recent so there would not be a lot of changes to people's opinions. Everything realy depends on your set up and your tolerances. What is smooth for some people is too harsh for others.

On a personal note, I went from L-Tuned S/S w/TRD Race to Tein Flex w/Daizen. I prefer the latter setup but that is just me. I also have all the lower bracing and STBs in place which may make my car ride different than others. I know people who have S/S w/TRD Race and people with Tein CS w/TRD Race and they love it.

Best way is to try and hook up with members in your area and ask for a test ride. If that is not available, think about what your experiences with previous car and with the GS. What is it you are trying to improve (probably handling) and what is it you are trying to keep (some wants to retain comfort, some is willing to trade-off)? When I had just the L-Tuned S/S, the ride/handling did get better. Even cornering was better, not as much as w/sways but better than stock.

Why don't you try to see how things feel with your new set up? Just upgrading S/S and wheels to 18" will change the car's characteristics. See if that is enough before venturing into more. The ride comfort will get worse than stock even with your modest change. How much the change is really depends on your tolerances.

Last edited by Neo; 10-28-03 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-28-03, 09:47 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

hey thanks..thats cool. im at work..bored and thought i would ask. dont want to start any arguments its all love...
Old 10-28-03, 11:23 AM
cyberseano
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had any experience with any other setups other than mine.

Mine being Daizen/Tein Flex.
I love my setup and couldn't imagine it any better other than installing STB's and Lower Bracing which will be installed soon.
Old 10-28-03, 06:48 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

just want again to throw my .02 cents in

ask alwilliams how the daizens feel, he drove my car for about 1/2 hr pretty hard on mon this week , ask him his thoughts on the daizens

they work and work extremely well , no loss in ride comfort just plain performance
Old 10-29-03, 07:56 AM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the same debate as you for some time now. After reading through other threads and talking with other members, I have came to the conclusion that Daizen would be better for me. I like that fact that it comes with Urethene bushings and the rear are adjustable. Plus the fact that TM Engineering is close to me.
Old 10-29-03, 08:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

well i went from tein HA/TRD to flex/TRD and then to flex/daizen. all i can say is, from the fisrt to second, wow, big help already. and from the second to third, damn, the harsh ride is finally done. the daizen just makes the ride a lot smoother than trd
Old 10-30-03, 10:28 PM
Vlad_Stein
Lead Lap

Originally posted by rominl
well i went from tein HA/TRD to flex/TRD and then to flex/daizen. all i can say is, from the fisrt to second, wow, big help already. and from the second to third, damn, the harsh ride is finally done. the daizen just makes the ride a lot smoother than trd
Hey, rominl!

This is a bit off topic (sorry, everyone), but did you experience a loss in handling capability when switching from HA to Flex? In your post, you were talking about comfort and I was just wondering if the performance is even and the comfort is higher with the flex (sort of like people say about TRD/Daizen sways), or the flex is a step up in comfort at the expense of a step down in performance?

Thanks!
Old 10-31-03, 10:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by Vlad_Stein
Hey, rominl!

This is a bit off topic (sorry, everyone), but did you experience a loss in handling capability when switching from HA to Flex? In your post, you were talking about comfort and I was just wondering if the performance is even and the comfort is higher with the flex (sort of like people say about TRD/Daizen sways), or the flex is a step up in comfort at the expense of a step down in performance?

Thanks!
well, i am sure if you go to the track, the HA will perform better than the flex, however for street driving, i really don't notice ANY loss of performance at all. my flex is at pretty soft setting now, and i could feel that when i take very fast turns, the car leans a bit more than the HA, but the car still handles awesome