Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

CPO leather flaking & discoloring

Old 06-29-14, 11:42 PM   #16
2thDr4Kids
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviola4 View Post
Obviously a dealer or dealer detail shop issue. They've agreed to replace the seat entirely and I'll make sure not another light gray they've sprayed crap on for CPO. Passenger seat is fine. It's yellowing again and flaking in many areas. Can't imagine if I use the heat in winter, which I don't . Anyway, other than creases, normal leather aging, no leather should do this. They should leave the seats alone. 12,000 miles I'd expect some creases etc. and this looked perfect. Now I know why. Hopefully in several years if I stick with Lexus CPO they'll have revised the way the prep the leather for sale. Time will tell.
I saw your posts and I wanted to share with you a similar experience.
I recently purchased a CPO, and the leather has started to peel off in 3 different panels. I'm in the process of working with them to have all 3 areas fully replaced.

UPDATE: I visited Lexus today and 2 of the 3 panels will be entirely replaced with new leather- now that's the Lexus we all know and love! They didn't think the 3rd area needed to be replaced, but they agreed to revisit my concern if the leather further changes in condition.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images

Last edited by 2thDr4Kids; 06-30-14 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: Update!
2thDr4Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 11:42 PM

Tags
cpo, dye, leather, lexus, parchment, peel, peeling