RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Navigation Unlock

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-11, 11:17 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Navigation Unlock

In reading some old posts I noticed a few of the mods had "coastal lockpick" on thier vehicle specs. I was not sure what that was so I googled it and, well, I think that is a great product. I went to their website and it does not mention anything after 2009 for Lexus and Toyota. What it does is unlocks the NAV so your passenger can input stuff on the move, opens up DVD player options etc.

I have emailed them about never vehicles but have not heard back yet. Does anyone know of a similar product? Anyone using somthing like this?
Old 10-15-11, 01:38 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I'm not sure about "coastal lockpick." Prestigious Society has an override. I can't remember if Stormforge put it in his 450h.
Old 10-15-11, 01:46 PM
SuzIS250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check VAIS their SoundLinq2 does unlocking of the nav and bluetooth but you will have to check the compatibility for your car www.vaistech.com
Old 10-15-11, 03:25 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

We also carry a bypass for Navigation and DVD as well. You may check it out at: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-son...ss-module.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 10-15-11, 04:30 PM
JohnS
Driver

Originally Posted by BeatSonic
We also carry a bypass for Navigation and DVD as well. You may check it out at: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-son...ss-module.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.
How difficult is the install on an ES350?
Old 10-16-11, 04:59 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnS
How difficult is the install on an ES350?
It's about a 45min to 1 hour to install. You need to get behind the radio/nav unit. Not difficult as long as you take your time.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 10-18-11, 11:55 AM
zmanRX350
Driver

See my CL post at: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-override.html
Old 10-18-11, 12:00 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I've got the Lockpick on my LS; after you upgrade to a newer version of navigation software (after 5.1) it isn't useful for the override as Lexus removed access to that feature in the software.
Old 10-18-11, 12:22 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

I sent an email to Prestige and was happy to learn that you no longer have an on off switch. It is activated by the volume button on the steering wheel.

"Our latest system no longer has a separate switch. The system is activate/deactivate through the factory volume controls on the steering wheel while maintaining your factory volume functionality."

You can turn it off the same way to gain access back to the NAV after you set your destination etc. If you forget it will reset itself when you turn off the car.

This in my mind makes it a very attractive solution as there are no extra wires to run or switches to use.
Old 10-20-11, 10:24 PM
jerryray
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by InRBigness
I sent an email to Prestige and was happy to learn that you no longer have an on off switch. It is activated by the volume button on the steering wheel.

"Our latest system no longer has a separate switch. The system is activate/deactivate through the factory volume controls on the steering wheel while maintaining your factory volume functionality."

You can turn it off the same way to gain access back to the NAV after you set your destination etc. If you forget it will reset itself when you turn off the car.

This in my mind makes it a very attractive solution as there are no extra wires to run or switches to use.
Tell us more, are their two modes like the dual switch I have?
Old 10-21-11, 06:05 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

It activates via the volume switch. Once activated it allows you to program the NAV system or watch dvd on nav screen. You would want to disengage it once you have set the NAV as until you do the nav is offline. Once you disconect it the NAV jumps back to real time functions.

If you forget to turn it off, it automatically resets when the car is restarted so you dont have to worry about that. It seems like a very good system. It works by fooling the car into thinking that it is stopped so the functions that are locked out my motion are accessible.

Jerryray, you have one of the older ones it seems, how do you like it? Good quality? Any issues? Install easy?
Old 10-21-11, 09:15 PM
jerryray
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by InRBigness
It activates via the volume switch. Once activated it allows you to program the NAV system or watch dvd on nav screen. You would want to disengage it once you have set the NAV as until you do the nav is offline. Once you disconect it the NAV jumps back to real time functions.

If you forget to turn it off, it automatically resets when the car is restarted so you dont have to worry about that. It seems like a very good system. It works by fooling the car into thinking that it is stopped so the functions that are locked out my motion are accessible.

Jerryray, you have one of the older ones it seems, how do you like it? Good quality? Any issues? Install easy?
Works great, I did not install it though.