Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Non AFS model RX330 warning light

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-12, 08:14 AM   #1
bobbyv8
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Default Non AFS model RX330 warning light

My RX330 accrding to the manual has a "AUTOMATIC HEADLIGHT LEVELING SYSTEM WARNING LIGHT" on. I dont have AFS option on my RX. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and could help me out on what to look for.


thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
bobbyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 01:26 PM   #2
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 4,000
Default

This light is on while you are driving?

As mentioned previously to you, your Owner's Manual is a good place to start.

(p) Automatic Headlight Leveling System Warning Light (vehicles with discharge headlight only)
This light warns that when there is a problem somewhere in the automatic headlight leveling system.
The light will come on when the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position, and will go off after a few seconds.
If it comes on while driving, have your vehicle checked by your Lexus dealer.


So, if you have this light on while you are driving and there are no other warning lights on at the same time on the dash this is a good indication you possibly really do have AFS. No indications here in the past that this light comes on by itself without AFS installed. However, it can come on in conjunction with other warning indicators as part of other issues.
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 01:30 PM   #3
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 4,000
Default

Just to confirm, we are talking about this warning indicator -- correct?

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 829
Size:  8.0 KB
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:12 PM   #4
bobbyv8
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX330inFL View Post
Just to confirm, we are talking about this warning indicator -- correct?

Attachment 248993
Thanks for the quick response, yes that is the light that's on, and is on while driving. I dont think I have AFS because i dont see a AFS button.
bobbyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:14 PM   #5
bobbyv8
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX330inFL View Post
This light is on while you are driving?

As mentioned previously to you, your Owner's Manual is a good place to start.

(p) Automatic Headlight Leveling System Warning Light (vehicles with discharge headlight only)
This light warns that when there is a problem somewhere in the automatic headlight leveling system.
The light will come on when the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position, and will go off after a few seconds.
If it comes on while driving, have your vehicle checked by your Lexus dealer.


So, if you have this light on while you are driving and there are no other warning lights on at the same time on the dash this is a good indication you possibly really do have AFS. No indications here in the past that this light comes on by itself without AFS installed. However, it can come on in conjunction with other warning indicators as part of other issues.


When I turn the lights on there is the vertical movements with the lights but cant notice side to side movement.
bobbyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:33 PM   #6
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 4,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyv8 View Post
When I turn the lights on there is the vertical movements with the lights but cant notice side to side movement.
If you have any movement you have AFS. Also, you will have an AFS OFF button that you would not have otherwise to the left by the fuel door release button.

So, the light is indicating some type of problem you are having with the AFS system. With the headlights on and you turn the steering wheel all the way to one side or the other, it does not move to that side?

You should search the forum here for issues with AFS.
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:37 PM   #7
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 4,000
Default

BTW, you really need to crack open the Owner's Manual or search the online edition using the URL I provided to you in a previous thread. Same site you use to register your VIN with Lexus. I am taking this stuff right out of the manual, pages 52-56.
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:45 PM   #8
bobbyv8
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Default

I just double checked and just a blank next to the fuel door release button. I also tried turning the steering wheel with the lights on and no movement.

I guess I will try searching the forum a little more and see if anyone in the past had this issue.

It might be possible that it just appears the lights move up when I the light switch in auto mode?
bobbyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:51 PM   #9
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 4,000
Default

If you have AFS you will have this button...

Name:  Screen shot 2012-06-06 at 10.50.40 PM.png
Views: 1052
Size:  41.3 KB
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:56 PM   #10
bobbyv8
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Default

Definitely not there...i guess I dont have AFS. I will have to hook it to a scanner and find out what code its throwing, But the warning light clearly states in the manual "AUTOMATIC HEADLIGHT LEVELING SYSTEM WARNING LIGHT" maybe the Canadian version differs from the US model?

Last edited by bobbyv8; 06-06-12 at 08:04 PM..
bobbyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 10:59 PM   #11
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 4,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyv8 View Post
Definitely not there...i guess I dont have AFS. I will have to hook it to a scanner and find out what code its throwing, But the warning light clearly states in the manual "AUTOMATIC HEADLIGHT LEVELING SYSTEM WARNING LIGHT" maybe the Canadian version differs from the US model?
Here is the Canadian site to register your RX with Lexus:

https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experienc...club_index.jsp

I believe the RX you have is the same as what we get here in the States.
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 09:34 PM   #12
bobbyv8
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
Default

Anyone have a suggestion? tonight my light were dangerously low, and the warning light is still one. I am positive I do not have AFS system, just leveling only (not side to side movement)

Anyone know if there is a sensor or relay i should be looking at?

thanks
bobbyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 09:34 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
330, afs, ars, automatic, button, es330, g300, gs350, headlight, indicator, lamps, leveling, lexus, light, lights, rx, rx330, system, warning

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AFS Warning light blinking alexpro RX - Second Generation 8 10-12-11 09:23 PM
Flashing AFS light shikbas RX - Second Generation 7 02-27-11 07:48 AM
Dashboard indicators on RX300 / RX330? nycguy25 RX - Second Generation 6 02-23-06 12:53 PM
AFS Headlght indicator at ignition time? nycguy25 RX - Second Generation 0 01-10-06 01:25 PM
Rx330 : Afs Off Light Blinking? JQUILL76 Lighting 0 12-20-05 07:09 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:03 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info