RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

P1130 & P1135 Codes - Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-11, 02:38 PM
jetmelter9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1130 & P1135 Codes - Help

Pleases Help.......I've read multiple threads on this forum for these two engine codes for my 2001 RX300, and as a result of all of the good information everyone has posted.... I ordered (online) & rec'd a new Denso AF sensor...and replaced it this AM. (no serious issues)

When I started the RX300 up.....the VSC & Check Engine lights came on as they did prior to changing the sensor out....and did not go off. I restarted the engine about 6 or 7 times...and the lights still did not go out as planned.

I then drove to our local Advance Auto and had the codes read again...and it still showed P1130 & P1135.

I convinced the counter guy to re-set the codes (he actually had me do it)....as I thought that if they were reset...they would go out and not come back since I had "fixed" the problem. I drove out of parking lot and the Check engine (& VSC) lights came back on.

Can anyone suggest what I should do next? I live in Missouri....which requires a State Inspection before I can renew the plates. I cannot get an approved inspection form if the Check Engine light is on...

Please help.
Old 07-31-11, 02:58 PM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,101 Likes on 991 Posts

What are the new codes after the reset?

Did you replace the right sensor to begin with? Bank 1 is next to the firewall and Bank 2 is next to the radiator.

Most of the time it is the sensor but the CEL is for a system. Advanced scanners can display real time information form the sensor and that can help in diagnosing the problem.

Salim
Old 07-31-11, 03:28 PM
jetmelter9
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for quick reply....

I replaced the one closest to the firewall. Had to set vehicle on ramps to remove it.
After resetting the codes....they came back with same ones. Is it worth my buying my own scanner?

Or just take into local shop for fix.....
Old 08-01-11, 12:50 AM
code58
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jetmelter9
Thanks for quick reply....

I replaced the one closest to the firewall. Had to set vehicle on ramps to remove it.
After resetting the codes....they came back with same ones. Is it worth my buying my own scanner?

Or just take into local shop for fix.....
#1. My feeling is anyone who isn't over 85 and can still see to read a scanner should own one. Often it's that or get ripped off. You can buy them too cheap these days. You can but a very usable scanner for $50. and can sometimes find usable ones for even half that.
#2. You live in Mo. Do you have any little varmits that like to chew on things? I would look carefully at ALL of your wiring looms and make SURE that a little critter hasn't done some wiring damage, unless you live on the 17th floor of a downtown apartment and you vehicle is parked in SECURE parking. Those codes point directly to that sensor, and if it was replaced with a NEW, UNDAMAGED sensor, that shouldn't be your problem, and MAY not have been in the 1st place, sadly.
Old 08-01-11, 04:28 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

Here's the simple little code reader that I keep in my RX300 24/7,

http://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiScan...2197913&sr=8-2
Old 08-01-11, 04:38 AM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,101 Likes on 991 Posts

I would recheck the connector.

Check for these voltages:

3v & 3.3v on sensor wires. If not you may have gotten a bum deal on the sensor.

If you are the adventurous type, you can swap the bank 2 sensor with bank1 sensor and see the error move from port1 to port2.

As far as the readers are concerned, you have 2 price points ... dumb reader/reseter and the advanced on the fly reader. The problem you are having is best handled by advanced reader ... that will allow you to read the above mentioned voltages. I heard some one talk about iphone link to the OBDII with bluetooth.

Salim

Last edited by salimshah; 08-01-11 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-23-13, 11:24 AM
VuLexMem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jetmelter9
Pleases Help.......I've read multiple threads on this forum for these two engine codes for my 2001 RX300, and as a result of all of the good information everyone has posted.... I ordered (online) & rec'd a new Denso AF sensor...and replaced it this AM. (no serious issues)

When I started the RX300 up.....the VSC & Check Engine lights came on as they did prior to changing the sensor out....and did not go off. I restarted the engine about 6 or 7 times...and the lights still did not go out as planned.

I then drove to our local Advance Auto and had the codes read again...and it still showed P1130 & P1135.

I convinced the counter guy to re-set the codes (he actually had me do it)....as I thought that if they were reset...they would go out and not come back since I had "fixed" the problem. I drove out of parking lot and the Check engine (& VSC) lights came back on.

Can anyone suggest what I should do next? I live in Missouri....which requires a State Inspection before I can renew the plates. I cannot get an approved inspection form if the Check Engine light is on...

Please help.
Try to replace the Mass Air Flow Sensor and reset. I had the exact same issue with my IS300, after replace 4 OS and reset, the engine light still came on so i did some more research and one guy suggested to replace the MAF Sensor, so I did and reset the code and the engine light was gone since then. Now my RX300 has P1130 and P1135, I will try to replace the MAF Sensor first to see if this fix the problem. Good luck
Old 02-23-13, 12:44 PM
Baetke
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by salimshah
I would recheck the connector.

Check for these voltages:

3v & 3.3v on sensor wires. If not you may have gotten a bum deal on the sensor.

If you are the adventurous type, you can swap the bank 2 sensor with bank1 sensor and see the error move from port1 to port2.

As far as the readers are concerned, you have 2 price points ... dumb reader/reseter and the advanced on the fly reader. The problem you are having is best handled by advanced reader ... that will allow you to read the above mentioned voltages. I heard some one talk about iphone link to the OBDII with bluetooth.

Salim
That was probably me. I use the "Torque" app on my android smartphone. The app is only $5 but you need an OBDII to Bluetooth adapter which costs another $100 for a top quality one. I think they are worth every penny. With this gear I can read/reset codes, read freeze frame data, monitor all engine sensors real-time, make custom instrument panels, log data while I'm driving down the road and email it to myself for later analysis. There are lots of other things it can do but I don't want this to turn into a product review so I will end here. Like most tools, they pay for themselve the first time you use them.
Baetke