Security Light Blinks Constantly - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Security Light Blinks Constantly

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-11, 07:43 AM   #1
mhh
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: va
Posts: 5
Default Security Light Blinks Constantly

Ever since I needed a jump start, the security light flashes whenever the car is not running, whether it is locked or unlocked. I thought the security light only flashed after the car alarm has been armed. What is wrong?

Does locking the car with the key (not the fob button) arm the alarm? I can't test this since my light blinks whenever the car is not running.
mhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 09:26 AM   #2
Sandhopper
Rookie
 
Sandhopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 92
Default

Mine starts blinking as soon as the key is removed... Does not seem to matter if the car is locked.
Sandhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 03:29 PM   #3
mhh
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: va
Posts: 5
Default

Found out from service dep't at dealership that the car alarm is armed no matter what method you use to lock the car, i.e. fob button or key in lock.

Regarding the flashing security light, the pitifully inadequate RX 350 owner's manual says "the indicator light changes from being on to flashing when the alarm is set." I got the impression from this that the light is not supposed to flash unless the alarm is armed.
mhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 09:23 AM   #4
kickin8
2IS/2RX
iTrader: (1)
 
kickin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhopper View Post
Mine starts blinking as soon as the key is removed... Does not seem to matter if the car is locked.
same here....so is my IS....
kickin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 10:03 AM   #5
Carver
Lexus Champion
 
Carver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,717
Default

That happened on my RX300 after a battery change. I took it to the dealer and they reset it but never explained the procedure, never happened again.
Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 10:56 AM   #6
lexus114
Lexus Champion
 
lexus114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bethlehem Twsp. Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhh View Post
Found out from service dep't at dealership that the car alarm is armed no matter what method you use to lock the car, i.e. fob button or key in lock.

Regarding the flashing security light, the pitifully inadequate RX 350 owner's manual says "the indicator light changes from being on to flashing when the alarm is set." I got the impression from this that the light is not supposed to flash unless the alarm is armed.

Its not that the alarm is set (that you need to do via the key or door switch) but the disabling device is set after your key is removed form the ignition.
lexus114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 04:07 PM   #7
hypervish
Lexus Fanatic
 
hypervish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver View Post
That happened on my RX300 after a battery change. I took it to the dealer and they reset it but never explained the procedure, never happened again.
The procedure on the RX300, is to insert all the key fobs you have into the ignition cylinder one by one for about 5 secs each, then exit the vehicle and lock it with the key (not using the keyless entry).

^I have to that procedure every time I disconnect my battery, or else the alarm will go off at random times. Like if I lock the door from the inside and shut the door.
hypervish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 04:40 PM   #8
Carver
Lexus Champion
 
Carver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypervish View Post
The procedure on the RX300, is to insert all the key fobs you have into the ignition cylinder one by one for about 5 secs each, then exit the vehicle and lock it with the key (not using the keyless entry).

^I have to that procedure every time I disconnect my battery, or else the alarm will go off at random times. Like if I lock the door from the inside and shut the door.
Can you imagine the deranged engineer who sat around and figured out all these stupid sequences? ...left foot on the ground...turn key twice...right foot on the windshield...turn key once...slap the passenger...remove key...run around the car three times...reinsert key...move seat back and forth five times...turn key.

Congratulations! Now you have programmed the glove box light!
Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help, Alarm goes off and wont start togu LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1997-2007) 0 02-27-15 09:00 AM
1997 SC300 - Reset the Security System? mwfarren SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) 4 01-19-15 02:11 PM
Is250 Security locking issues. sparta3993 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 3 08-27-14 07:37 PM
Blinking red security light -- am I losing it? e-man GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 19 02-14-13 08:42 PM
My car cranks but wont start... Security light blinks?? GS4Lyfe GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 4 01-04-10 08:10 PM


Tags
2011, 350, alarm, armed, blink, blinking, car, es, es350, flashing, gs400, isnt, lexus, light, lights, normal, security

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved