RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Dealer still has my car after 5 days...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-15, 09:21 PM
tanaka826
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer still has my car after 5 days...

Took my car in for 10k mile service and let them know there has been some clicking noise coming from the front suspension when making a left/right turn...

I dropped off my car on September 21st and they have yet to complete my car...

I've called them every single day since but, I don't get a good explanation from the dealer...

What do you guys think I should do?!

I've had a loaner (ct200h) but I miss my car... I feel as though I should be compensated in some way...
Old 09-25-15, 11:26 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Could be they are backlogged with several service campaigns being addressed on various models. But they should at least tell you the current state of your vehicle and how long it will take to complete.

Go to the Dealer and ask to see your car in its present state no matter what excuse they offer. Ask for the Service Manager and calmly express your concerns and that you would like him or her to address them personally while you are there. Best to have eyes on the situation if you suspect foul play. Good luck
Old 09-25-15, 11:30 PM
Miyagiii
Driver School Candidate

TBH, I'd make a big deal about it.. Not big I guess but definitely let them know it's taking longer than it should...
Old 09-26-15, 12:37 AM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Look on the bright side! You get better gas mileage and you aren't putting miles onto your new car =D
Old 09-26-15, 06:31 AM
tfischer
Forum Moderator

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Go into the dealership and talk to the Service Manager or even to the General Manager, as this non-communication seems to me to be uncharacteristic of the type of service and communication I get at my dealership.
Sometimes we forget that it's a nice move, for many reasons, to let people you deal with that we are happy with the way things are run (most people tend to be quick to register a complaint). About 6 months ago, a few weeks after buying my RC, I passed the office of the General Manager, who was at her desk and not busy, so I stopped in to tell her how helpful and competent I found her employees, both in the sales and the service departments. She lit up like a Christmas Tree, and now she's my new best friend. "If you ever have a problem," she said, "call me directly."
Keep that in mind the next time you have a spare minute and are wandering around the showroom waiting for your car.

Last edited by tfischer; 09-26-15 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Removed references to the Pope's visit.
Old 09-26-15, 11:23 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Your service advisor should be giving you daily updates. Whenever I have the dealer address a rattle or something, they usually take a few days...especially if I bring it in on a Thursday or Friday and they need to order parts. My car has been at the dealer for more than a week in the past due to difficulty locating the problem, replicating it, getting regional techs, ordering parts, and testing it. I usually request for a nicer Lexus loaner (definitely not the CT) if I know they'll keep it for a bit. Let's me drive a different Lexus, while saving my car from additional miles and wear-and-tear. Also, I would rather the techs take their time to fix it so I don't have to make another trip later on.

You won't be getting any compensation since they provided alternative transport and you requested a service that requires a lot of trial and error.

Last edited by dchar; 09-26-15 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-26-15, 11:35 AM
jdiron29
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It takes time to diagnose certain problems, especially on newer models. They might need to fly in an engineer or field tech so just be patient, they'll fix it. Calling everyday and making a big deal about it is not going to fix it any faster.
Old 09-27-15, 07:23 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They should have given you an ETA on the service request. Once that passes they should give you a revised ETA and why the extension.

A face to face with the Service Dept is the way to clear the air and get the no BS assessment on where things stand.
Old 02-24-16, 11:59 PM
styleworks
Driver School Candidate

Hey I am currently having the same issue with my car. My driver side makes clicking, ticking noise when I am turning either right or left. Can you help me out? Thanks.
Old 02-28-16, 10:36 PM
tanaka826
Driver School Candidate

it ended up being my wheel bearings... ive had both of them replaced already and the car has about 15k on it....
Old 02-28-16, 11:28 PM
styleworks
Driver School Candidate

I wonder if there would be any TSB for this issue. It seems as though it isn't just happening in RC, but with IS as well. I am gonna take mine in for my 10K service and let the dealership know that my front wheel bearings are making noises. Thanks for the reply