Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300 > Performance & Maintenance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1uzfe turbo SPUTTER/HESITATION problem

Old 05-20-14, 09:30 PM   #1
poorsupra
Pole Position
Trader Score: (10)

Arrow 1uzfe turbo SPUTTER/HESITATION problem

i just got my sc400 turbo complete. went for first drive tonight. the idle was kind of surging(flipped intake manifold= longer IACV wires and longer coolant line) so i was thinking this is the culprit.

HOWEVER, upon throttle it boggs, hesitates, and sputters. will not cleanly rev, even with no load on the motor. doesnt matter if its partial throttle or 3/4 throttle. just took it up the block turned around and came back. tried a 3/4 throttle drive and when it "cleared up" and boost hit it just roasted the tires and left a #11 in the road. but when i let off it went back to sputtering. then at the stop sign i tried a 3/4 throttle drive again then it PULLed! this time when i let off i heard what could have been a backfire or an I/C coupler "POP". then it died. started it back up and died again. WILL stay running with a little gas. pulled into the driveway and shut her down. did a quick coupler check(the ones i can get to with the bumper on) then tried to start her again. now she will stay running but the idle is surging and it wants to die whn the rpms go 400 or so.....again thinking iacv for the surge.

a little info on the set up:
holset H1C, stock injectors, walbro, BEGI fmu, 50mm wastegate with 8psi spring, flipped the intake manifold, so MAF, IACV and o2 sensor wires have been extended. -4an braided fuel line from my stock FPR to the FMU..... if i missed any vital info please let me know.

PLEASE help!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 05-21-14, 11:04 AM   #2
ArkLaTexSC
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Bad ignition coil, maybe.
ArkLaTexSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 12:06 PM   #3
Dream36
Pole Position

What are your afr's could be too much fuel. There is a thousand things it could be. What ECU are you using, injectors, wg spring rate, are you running a BOV? Lots of questions need to be answered for an educated "guess"
Dream36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 01:21 PM   #4
ArkLaTexSC
Pole Position

I would be more surprised if turbo done to his car (assuming all new parts and correctly put together) was done improperly compared to one of our crummy coils snapping again. Especially since it worked again for a small time.
ArkLaTexSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 01:31 PM   #5
mecheng10
Lead Lap

1) we need to know afr
2) have you pulled the plugs? what color are they if you don't have a wideband to measure afr
3)have you checked for vacuum leaks?
4)is the car properly tuned?

Besides lag is just a JZ owners version of FOREPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mecheng10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 10:09 PM   #6
MMCtuner
Lead Lap

Disconnect the FMU and try again. Leave everything stock and check with a wideband. I think FMU may be adding too much fuel.
MMCtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-14, 08:43 AM   #7
Ali SC3
Na-T Guru

you should just be on the stock regulator. can't figure it out with a FMU and also your FMU is the very adjustable kind so yeah, it probably needs adjustment.

1995 Lexus SC300 5spd Na-T ( TT Ecu Mod + a few others)
Ali SC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 01:50 PM   #8
poorsupra
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream36 View Post
What are your afr's could be too much fuel. There is a thousand things it could be. What ECU are you using, injectors, wg spring rate, are you running a BOV? Lots of questions need to be answered for an educated "guess"

At the end of my post I have "info on my setup" yes hks bov, and stock Ecu. I do have a aem wideband installed.

Properly tuned? No, stock Ecu with fmu. Stock inj. A/f's are good with the fmu adjusted right. Freshly rebuilt fmu.

It was a bad MAF. Car runs good now
poorsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 02:15 PM   #9
poorsupra
Pole Position

No vac leaks, fresh stage colder plugs gapped to .030, color is good.
poorsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 02:15 PM