Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 header options...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-14, 05:16 AM
BottleFed8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 header options...

Since trading my challenger this past winter I've been slowly completing modifications to the SC. I've seen some quality headers go in the classifieds but I've been too slow to grab them. First question, whats the rwhp gain on a quality header setup? Second, is OBX as awful as we've all come to know? I understand more than not, a fitment issue presents it'self. But I've put them on two different domestic vehicles without problem. That being said the lexus seems a bit more...I dunno...complex and something you don't want to experiment with such a f-body for 5.3 truck. I plan to order a set of cams more aggressive than stock. Looking at the stock manifolds It seems like I would need a pair of headers with the addition decent cams. Or can I appreciate the full potential of a set of cams w/o aftermarket headers? If not, am I SOL with headers till i find some used? Or has anyone made these OBX work with a performance gain too. last question is regarding Lextreme cams. Do the stage 2 cams require a piggyback or stand alone?

This website is a vast wonderland of knowledge i really appreciate everyone who takes the time to educate a noob.
Old 03-24-14, 03:44 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you see THIS thread? Any good info there for you?

Did you have a vintage or new Challenger? How was it? I always loved them (since the movie Phantasm!)

I'd love a cam/header upgrade myself but I have to many other necessary repairs scheduled.
Old 03-24-14, 05:29 PM
BottleFed8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I have no clue how I missed that lurking around here. It shed some light for sure. And yes, my challenger was an SRT8 2010 automatic. 'Had the usual bolt-ons, plus some spray. Pretty quick car. Made just under 500rwhp with the nitrous. Thanks again for the link.
Old 03-24-14, 07:42 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get the OBX ones that many were talking about including myself in the link Studiogeek gave you. Let us know how it goes and post a pic and vid if you could.....

Ok great