Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 11:00 AM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!

I Have A 100% Restored And Modified 1992 Sc400 Sporting Close To 500hp, I Have Done A Lot Except Headers And It Is Time. I Like So Many Others Are Looking For A Quality Set Of Headers To Replace Stock. Would Someone Please Advise Where I Can Buy A Set, Or Would Somebody Out Their Please Start Manufacturing Them. This Is Rediculous, I Have Searched Everywhere, Ebay Dry, Other Forums Dry, Now I Try This Forum Anyone!!!!!! Help I Need More Power Scotty!!!!!

I Have Tried Reading Many Past Forums For Header Manufactures And Found None, I Am Willing To Pay A Good Price For A The Highest Quality Set Of Headers. Thanks
Old 10-20-05, 11:07 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

is this spam or do you seriously type with every word with the first letter in caps? Got any dyno sheets? pics or ban

As far as headers, u should know with 500hp and tons of mods, u can easily get some custom made
Old 10-20-05, 11:10 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
I Have A 100% Restored And Modified 1992 Sc400 Sporting Close To 500hp, I Have Done A Lot Except Headers And It Is Time. I Like So Many Others Are Looking For A Quality Set Of Headers To Replace Stock. Would Someone Please Advise Where I Can Buy A Set, Or Would Somebody Out Their Please Start Manufacturing Them. This Is Rediculous, I Have Searched Everywhere, Ebay Dry, Other Forums Dry, Now I Try This Forum Anyone!!!!!! Help I Need More Power Scotty!!!!!

I Have Tried Reading Many Past Forums For Header Manufactures And Found None, I Am Willing To Pay A Good Price For A The Highest Quality Set Of Headers. Thanks

wow close to 500 hp in a 92 sc400 with a 250hp 1uz v8.. im impressed.. did you turbo it , supercharge it or nos it..pics please with dyno #

and welcome to the club
Old 10-20-05, 11:10 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the GS engine section.
Also, what mods do you have?
Old 10-20-05, 11:11 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yep, pretty fishy. And if he had really "Searched Everywhere", he'd have come across this, and other related threads:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102726
Old 10-20-05, 11:21 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man!!! My BS alarm just went through the roof..............and.........yup..........here it comes!!!!!! The BS is now pouring into my office!!!!!!!!! Good thing I always keep an extra pair of waders around!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Perry, I just noticed your Foos pic in your sig!!! You still play??

Last edited by mkorsu; 10-20-05 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-20-05, 11:28 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Pwn3d by the all caps editor.

Welcome to CL Good luck in your search.
Old 10-20-05, 11:37 AM
jibbby

Default For all you none believers

Alot of sceptics and sarcastic remarks on this forum, I like that it keeps it interesting, now back to the forum thread I know I can get custom headers made I was hoping some company out there has manufactured a nice set by now?!!!!

For you skeptics this is my ride-

1992 SC400 in showroom condition in and out (restored big time)

Engine mods- base 315hp 450/475hp with nos.

(when the nos bottle is heated to 1400psi I get 500hp on the dyno chart) Oh and yes this is a stock internal engine and it is handling that hp six months and running strong. 95,000 miles on engine.

Complete custom intake, injen/Rod Millon and custom made funnel
Complete exhaust- 2 1/2 inch piping all the way thru, magna flow cat, Megan N1 racing mufflers, NO HEADERS.
Ecu- Apexi piggyback
Electrical upgrades, fan etc...
Nos 150hp shot

Drivetrain

Dragon torque converter
Supra LSD on 4.07 gearing
Teins, low profile drag tires, alliso racing rims

I am probably forgeting alot of other stuff, and I don't know how to post pictures, but if you still think I am making this up, go look up 1992 mass air flow sensor on ebay shows pics of my car, or lextreme forum - user name jibby.

Now can anyone get me headers for this car, I really am having trouble finding, and my other buds are too. I have a 98 block I am building in my yard that will be introduced to a massive supercharger setup, forged piston the works, I look to produce 800-900hp out of that motor and then will transfer to this above mention car hopefully within a years time. This is my current hobby for the last year, I was raised on Chevy small and big blocks, but just couldn't resist the quality and dynamics of the sc400 motor, the best in my opinion. I have constantly been running this nos for six months, almost on a daily basis, not many if any stock american or smaller imports engines can handle that kind of stress without signs of where or blowing up. Now help a lexus bro out, and point me in the right direction for an awesome set of headers, please. NO THIS IS NOT SPAM!
Old 10-20-05, 11:39 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

What the phk?
With your mod minus the juice bottle, you will be lucky if you put down 220 hp.
Are you on crack?
Old 10-20-05, 11:41 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

ummm those mods do not make 500whp... sorry.
Old 10-20-05, 11:46 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

This more recent post paints you in a MUCH better light than your first one jibbby! My apologies for being sarcastic, but the majority of us with 400's have been here a while and are quite aware that most do not get to 500hp easily. So the BSmeters do go off when claims like that are made without anything expalaining how they got there!

Ok, headers. S&S headers (which is referenced in Perry's link) has produced a set of shorty headers for the 1UZ. We had a group buy through ClubLexus a little while back. If you haven't already checked, try Planetsoarer.com for links to a set of long tube headers produced out of Australia.

Outside of those 2, I don't know of any other headers being produced for the 1UZ

Welcome to the club!!

Last edited by mkorsu; 10-20-05 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-20-05, 11:51 AM
jibbby

I told you there is other stuff I have done as well, I know they are 220-250hp stock, I dyno'd last at that you non believers! Yes they do ad up to 475HP I run with new vette's in this car I kid you not. What do I need to do to prove this is fact. Let me break it down again for uyou non crack smokers.

230hp stock
intake 15hp
exhaust 30hp
ecu 30 hp (stand alone on the way)
electric fan, pullies etc
other electric 20hp
Larger injectors high volume fuel pump.

Nos 125-175hp

Now ad it up!1!!!!1
Old 10-20-05, 11:55 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

You are full of sht.
Old 10-20-05, 11:58 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

I told you there is other stuff I have done as well, I know they are 220-250hp stock, I dyno'd last at that you non believers! Yes they do ad up to 475HP I run with new vette's in this car I kid you not. What do I need to do to prove this is fact. Let me break it down again for uyou non crack smokers.

230hp stock
intake 15hp
exhaust 30hp
other electric 20hp

Nos 125-175hp

Now ad it up!1!!!!1
You are the biggest ricer on Club Lexus.
Old 10-20-05, 11:59 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

230hp stock
intake 15hp
exhaust 30hp
other electric 20hp

Nos 125-175hp

Now ad it up!1!!!!1

Dude, you need to slow down!!! First thing.....You absolutely cannot take the manufacturers claim for HP gain for each individual item, add them together and come up with what your engine is producing. If this were true every Civic driving down the road with intake, exhaust & whatever would actually be making the 250hp the driver believes it is, and not the 102.5 hp it actually is making!
Next, take it slowly. State your case calmly and intelligently. The members here are not the type that rush into a room and flaunt the fact that they are putting 475 hp to the road. Your first post here did exactly that. Additionally, the memebers here are VERY knowledgable on the 1UZ. We know what were talking about.

Quick Reply: MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!