Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Building FFIM. Need measurements

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-13, 08:24 PM
Soarin96
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building FFIM. Need measurements

Hello im in the process of building an ffim for my non vvti 2jzge. Currently on the planning stage. I picked up an ebay greddy intake plenun for a GTE from a member on supra forums.
What i need is for a measurement from the end of the lower runners to the strut tower on an sc3/4. My understanding from the previous owner of the plenum was that he needed under 1/2 inch more space. The plenum hit the strut tower. My brother in law is a machinist and will be milling off the GTE mounting flange on the plenum and welding on the GE runners. We think that once we mill the plenum we will gain the space we need. My work shop is currently too full for me to pull my own car apart. I'm hoping someone has their car torn down to where we can get some measurements. Maybe even do a trial fit. We may do more than one. Sorry if this seems like pointless babble.. I don't. Usually do long posts. Oh yea i am in Largo, Fl if it helps any.