Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

I'm at a total loss here...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-08, 06:06 AM
Mooney6959
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm at a total loss here...

Ok, here's the story, then the symptoms.

About a month ago, I changed the A/C compressor and such. Life is good right? Not really.
Since then I had a pinhole in the heater bypass hose (which I just replaced 2 years ago) and replaced that. Since then, I've had what seems to be a pressure leak coming between the hose and the fitting on the manifold that sprays coolant when the car is hot. At first, I thought it was another pinhole in the new hose, so I changed that and the thermostat. Well, I still have this (what seems to be) pressure leak coming from the same location.
I just removed all of the hoses and poured water through them and got a steady stream. I also checked that the heater valve was working properly and it appears to be, though I couldn't check the vacuum pressure going to it.
To top it off, I now have a strong smell of exhaust coming into the cabin as well.
All of this started happening in the past 2 weeks and it all started around the same time.
Thoughts, ANY thoughts?
Thanks!