Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Hey New to th Sc forums Need HELP please...Check engine light...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-08, 08:07 PM
JakedTiTan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey New to th Sc forums Need HELP please...Check engine light...

I am a former MKlV owner and Iam pretty mechanical but I cant figure out this Sc 400 for the life of me. I hope some of you guys could point me in the right direction.

I bought this sc400 a couple months ago not running for dirt cheap cause the guy couldnt figure it out it will not run but it cranks. No fuel ,no spark

I noticed Iam not getting the check engine light on for the first few seconds after I turn the key....pulled the cluster swapped bulbs around with known good bulbs still nothing...there are other lights that dont come on for this period as well and they are the battery light, the door adjar light and the srs light wich I know are supposed to come on also.
Anyone out there have anything simular to this please help Imma blow this thing up SOON.

The only thing i can think is somthing with the theft detterent ecu/sys
I already swapped with a new ECU so thats crossed off

Thanks for your time.
Old 05-03-08, 08:51 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is probably a stupid question, but have you checked all the fuses?

A check engine light that doesn't come on with the key on bulb check is most likely either the bulb or the EFI fuse. If the EFI fuse is blown, you wouldn't have spark.

When you say no fuel, do you mean the injectors aren't firing or do you mean the fuel pump isn't working?

KC

Originally Posted by JakedTiTan
I am a former MKlV owner and Iam pretty mechanical but I cant figure out this Sc 400 for the life of me. I hope some of you guys could point me in the right direction.

I bought this sc400 a couple months ago not running for dirt cheap cause the guy couldnt figure it out it will not run but it cranks. No fuel ,no spark

I noticed Iam not getting the check engine light on for the first few seconds after I turn the key....pulled the cluster swapped bulbs around with known good bulbs still nothing...there are other lights that dont come on for this period as well and they are the battery light, the door adjar light and the srs light wich I know are supposed to come on also.
Anyone out there have anything simular to this please help Imma blow this thing up SOON.

The only thing i can think is somthing with the theft detterent ecu/sys
I already swapped with a new ECU so thats crossed off

Thanks for your time.
Old 05-03-08, 08:52 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, I'd also check for a loose ground somewhere. And, if I'm not mistaken, there is a fusible link somewhere.

KC
Old 05-04-08, 10:30 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you pulled the plugs to see if you are getting fuel?

Jonny
Old 05-04-08, 11:58 AM
MCG33
Pole Position

When you turn the key to the on position, can you hear the fuel pump kick on behind the rear seat? If not the problem could be your fuel pump ecu has burnt out. Take a paper clip or piece of wire to your diagnostics connector and jump the FP to +B terminals, then try to start it again. If you get fuel then there is your problem right there. Check this link for a more detailed explanation. Hope this helps! http://web.ukonline.co.uk/soarertt/e...al.htm#pumpecu
Old 05-04-08, 01:56 PM
JakedTiTan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies so far...
Ive swapped bulbs several times with known good ones no luck..
Ive put a test light to the back of the cluster where the "engine light Bulb" goes and I get power when I turn the key on????? I put the check engine bulb in the abs slot and it works fine for the a.b.s. nut when i put it back to the egine light slot it wont work...
Ive pulled the spark plugs to check for spark on a ground and get nothing....
Ive noid lighted the injectors and they dont pulse when cranking....
I dont get the humm of the fuel pump for the first few seconds of turning the key.
Can this be tied into the theft detterant sys? cause it seems to me like its not sending the power to ecu?

Dont know if this has anything to do with it but NONE of my interior courtesy lights work like the Dome,door, vanity,or map lights and eevery time I put a fuse in the dome it blows....so right know Iam doing a process of illimination to find out wich light is shorted.
Old 05-04-08, 01:59 PM
JakedTiTan
Driver School Candidate

I know the "dome" is some how tied into the theft syst. Iam thinking that the dome light isnt coming on or door lock switch isnt sending the message to the theft ecu to tell it to send the power to the ecu to go ahead and start....
Old 05-04-08, 01:59 PM
JakedTiTan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MCG33
When you turn the key to the on position, can you hear the fuel pump kick on behind the rear seat? If not the problem could be your fuel pump ecu has burnt out. Take a paper clip or piece of wire to your diagnostics connector and jump the FP to +B terminals, then try to start it again. If you get fuel then there is your problem right there. Check this link for a more detailed explanation. Hope this helps! http://web.ukonline.co.uk/soarertt/e...al.htm#pumpecu
trying this now!
Old 05-06-08, 01:14 PM
JakedTiTan
Driver School Candidate

tryied and pump hummed but I need to know what send the signalto the pump and the coils to turn on?