Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

"stage one" now complete on my jspec goodness

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-06, 05:59 PM
trujspec
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "stage one" now complete on my jspec goodness

ok just got the exhaust done on monday...deleted the cats and am running one high-flow, an went 2.25inch stainless manderal bent all the way backwith an x-up...two "power flow"(apparently a UK brand, i think they are a subsidiary of flowmaster) mufflers, and two tips that look like it came from toyota that way. Car sounds like a grown up infinity FX45 when i floor it, and just a bit more agressive than stock on start up/idle. Just the sound i was going for.

next month will be the injen intake and speedlimiter removed. Also going to take the car to a guy i met that can change the dash(the limited v8's have a digital speedo) to read in MPH, becuase as cool as it may seem to have KM/HR, it can get confusing and easy to get a ticket (in the uk, if the traffic camera catches ur tag, you get the ticket two days later...there is no debate, if you get the ticket you WILL pay or your car WILL be booted)

the exhaust made a GREAT noticible gain in power...lets just say TCS has to work a little harder(lol)...im also concidering ordering that australian shift kit and switiching all fluids (tranny,diff,engine oil) to royal purple...i have a few pics of the car but they are too big to post. Ill take some smaller ones later on this week...

STAY TUNED!!!!
Old 11-14-06, 06:02 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

www.ektuning.com

look into the headers they have for the sc400 on their site

to finish off your exhaust system that will REALLY wake up the beast
Old 11-14-06, 06:03 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

also maybe a dragon torque converter

oh and btw good job so far on your car, disregarding brands my custom exhaust will basically be the exact same thing, i just installed new mufflers and when i get the money after doing a few cosmetic things am gonna do 2.25" piping as well

let me know what you do next!
Old 11-14-06, 09:49 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Are you in the states (Maryland) or in UK? What engine is in your Soarer (per your profile) ?
Old 11-15-06, 02:49 PM
BiZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SkidsiXX22
www.ektuning.com

look into the headers they have for the sc400 on their site

to finish off your exhaust system that will REALLY wake up the beast

Those are some nice looking headers.
Old 11-15-06, 08:56 PM
trujspec
Driver School Candidate

yeah, i have seen those headers, but from what i hear they arent the greatest fitment. there are several australian companies that make longtube slip in headers that are of equal quality and lower cost that i am looking into, ill post the link later this week with the pics im going to put up. and from my experience with previous american cars (i also own a 88 thunderbird turbocoupe and have worked on many stangs/camaros and a GN) the long tube header is the way to go for the type of power i want( im all about a viscious dig and crazy midrange...im not a speeder like i used to be but i like a good stoplight battle)

as for my loaction, my home state is maryland (i lived like 5mins away from SRT, who im trying to get in touch with cuz i know some guys that work there) but i am currently stationed at RAF Lakenheath(US AirForce). My car has the v8...

Stay tuned...more jspec goodness headed your way...

**Denso IK plugs are now in** noticible little power increase...better MPG
Old 11-16-06, 11:40 AM
BiZ
Intermediate

I too have inquired about the "Aussie" headers. And they are definitely long tube, which is what I want. The ones mentioned above look to be slightly longer that the S&S headers. If I do buy a set I will more than likely get the "Aussies".
Old 11-16-06, 04:47 PM
trujspec
Driver School Candidate

looks like i will have some extra cash left over this month, so i think im going to order the injen intake kit...thus making it "stage 1.5"...i should build my own intake kits and offer them for sale..but, dont have the time as of right now...

i would LOVE to see a viable turbo kit released...i wish i had the materials to make my own STS style kit...from what i have seen in the forums dealing with these cars, people seem to have an aversion to this style kit, which i dont understand. this style kit can make plenty of reliable horse power and is well suited to vehicles with a packed engine bay such as ours. i had a buddy in college with an STS kit on his camaro SS, kept AC and drow the car daily, and still made 430+ RWHP on pump gas, stock internals and respectable boost levels....i think a twin remote mount turbo setuup with say a gt28's or maybe a single gt40BB turbo, could be alot of fun, relatively affordable and reliable setup....

eh, its a dream, maybe in two years ill do it...call it stage six
Old 11-19-06, 07:52 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,000 Posts

[QUOTE=trujspec;2242007]yeah, i have seen those headers, but from what i hear they arent the greatest fitment.

You heard this where ? Do you know this for a fact ? How ??????

PS: if you have a 97 or older SC400 the Injen intake is going to lose you HP for $ 200.

Last edited by jgscott; 11-19-06 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-19-06, 10:16 PM
ant1k
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy moly 999$ for the headers?!?!?!? thats insane. s&s are like around 600 $
Old 11-20-06, 08:01 AM
BiZ
Intermediate

S&S are also shorty headers, if you want long tubes they generally cost more. But the power gains are also greater with long tubes. The "Aussie" headers are very close in price to the S&S but with the benefit of being long tube. Downside is the shipping cost from Austraila.