Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

hi (GTE swap question)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-06, 04:02 PM
2jz gte
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi (GTE swap question)

should i buy a 2jz gte on ebay my macanic is puting it in 4 $600 any tips
Old 07-27-06, 04:05 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

1) I don't think anyone is selling a GTE block on eBay

2) $600 to do a full GTE motor swap? I hope he is legit. Even for a friend, that is a CRAZY deal

3) Buy from a reputable source, and then install and reap the rewards of big power!
Old 07-27-06, 04:10 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

something ain't right...

If he calls himself a "macanic" and wants to work on your car then run...quickly.

$600? That's damn near a crackhead price for labor on an engine swap.
Old 07-27-06, 04:10 PM
2jz gte
Driver School Candidate

he is its my dads bisnuss partner
Old 07-27-06, 06:14 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In an extravagant attempt to overwhelm the sheer insufficiency of your spelling ability, I will venture forward using only words of a copious and superfluous nature.

In regards to the conundrum over the acquisition of aforementioned internal combustion engine, I must who heartedly agree with the opinions and pro bono expert advice offered in herein electronic discussion. The opinion of the fine upstanding gentleman commonly known in these parts as “Mikeloc24” should be especially noted, due to his long tenure as a member of this electronic discussion group. A secondary point of recommendation for “mike” is his keen ability to sense out a scam. Note his opinion well, abecedarian.

Furthermore I volunteer once again, for the sake of emphatic caveat emptor, that you, sir, do spend a considerable amount of time researching aforementioned internal combustion engine transfer into the donor automobile commonly know in this electronic discussion as the Lexus SC300 and its sibling, the Lexus SC400.

Due to the suspicious nature of the internet, a fine creation of the ladies and gentlemen at DARPA, I do advise that you forthwith yet surreptitiously investigate the mechanical qualifications of previously mentioned business partner. The sale of the internal combustion engine, Toyota model number 2JZ-GTE at a price of six hundred dollars is decidedly lower than the market value of aforementioned engine. The purchase for such a low price should be approached with the utmost caution and care.

Yours truly,

-The Wordsmith
Old 07-27-06, 06:19 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Indubitably, that was well put old boy.
Old 07-27-06, 11:24 PM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SupraCoup3
In an extravagant attempt to overwhelm the sheer insufficiency of your spelling ability, I will venture forward using only words of a copious and superfluous nature.

In regards to the conundrum over the acquisition of aforementioned internal combustion engine, I must who heartedly agree with the opinions and pro bono expert advice offered in herein electronic discussion. The opinion of the fine upstanding gentleman commonly known in these parts as “Mikeloc24” should be especially noted, due to his long tenure as a member of this electronic discussion group. A secondary point of recommendation for “mike” is his keen ability to sense out a scam. Note his opinion well, abecedarian.

Furthermore I volunteer once again, for the sake of emphatic caveat emptor, that you, sir, do spend a considerable amount of time researching aforementioned internal combustion engine transfer into the donor automobile commonly know in this electronic discussion as the Lexus SC300 and its sibling, the Lexus SC400.

Due to the suspicious nature of the internet, a fine creation of the ladies and gentlemen at DARPA, I do advise that you forthwith yet surreptitiously investigate the mechanical qualifications of previously mentioned business partner. The sale of the internal combustion engine, Toyota model number 2JZ-GTE at a price of six hundred dollars is decidedly lower than the market value of aforementioned engine. The purchase for such a low price should be approached with the utmost caution and care.

Yours truly,

-The Wordsmith
Maybe my favorite post on CL. CL definitely needs more people to post like that. If I posted something like that, I believe something would happen to my acct. You are officially the greatest mod ever.
Old 07-27-06, 11:37 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

but yeah.. thats dirt cheap for install.. i'm not doubting you or anything. just lookin out for a fellow CL member. either way, let us know how it goes!
Old 07-28-06, 05:22 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SupraCoup3

Yours truly,

-The Wordsmith

You sir, are one worth bowing to