Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

clutch pedal noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 06:38 PM
jrmoskal
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch pedal noise

I have a high pitched squeel when I push in or release the clutch pedal in my 95 sc300. It is definately coming from the clutch pedal linkage under the dash, I sprayed a ton of penetrating oil on the moving parts and the sound didn't change at all. It seems to be caused by the white plastic housing with the spring where it meets the metal. It's getting really annoying. Has anyone else had this problem? There is also a groaning noise when I first start moving coming from the front end somewhere. Sounds like maybe a bushing or something getting loose.
Old 04-22-04, 06:57 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

mine makes the same squeeking noise. this has been discussed before, i tihnk it may have something to do the release bearing. but if someone knows for sure what it is, please tell us!
Old 04-22-04, 07:27 PM
jrmoskal
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it's the release bearing in the transmission because I crawled under the dash today to lubricate the linkage and when I pressed the pedal down with my hand you can hear the noise right in the linkage itself. I work for a Toyota dealer and I know that some of the 5speed Tacoma trucks had a service bulleting about replacing a plastic bushing in the clutch linkage to get rid of the noise and I did a search in the Lexus Factory Tech computer and found no bulletins about this problem in the sc300.