Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

NAV reset for maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-06, 05:52 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NAV reset for maintenance.

I do most of my own normal maintenance like tire rotation and oil and filter change. I know how to go into the maintenance screen and reset the date and milage until the next change. However, the little icon does not turn green again when i reset it. And, it keeps telling me to contact LEXUS to have my oil/filter changed. I know how to reset the maintenance light on the dash but how do you reset the icons back to green? Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
CV
Old 05-16-06, 07:48 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A search on maintenance reset resulted in https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ntenance+reset
Old 05-16-06, 10:45 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tammy
A search on maintenance reset resulted in https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ntenance+reset
Thanks, I did do a search and did find that. I know how to turn the maintenance light off on the dash. However, this doesn't seem to reset the NAV maintenance screen.
Old 05-16-06, 11:57 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Drop by your Lexus dealer and humbly ask for a little instruction.... You may have a fault in an electronic control unit and want to schedule for a replacement .
Old 05-16-06, 04:37 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CVsGX470
Thanks, I did do a search and did find that. I know how to turn the maintenance light off on the dash. However, this doesn't seem to reset the NAV maintenance screen.
I think the Nav maint. screen menu is hiden in the Info buttom or one of those buttoms. You just have to navigate it or look in the owner's manual. You just have to spend sometime with your Nav system to get good at it.
Old 05-17-06, 05:19 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VVT-i
I think the Nav maint. screen menu is hiden in the Info buttom or one of those buttoms. You just have to navigate it or look in the owner's manual. You just have to spend sometime with your Nav system to get good at it.

Thanks VVT-i...let me explain myself a little better. Yes, I know how to reset the dash maintenance light and yes, I do know how to navigate through the NAV system to get to the maintenace screen on my GX. I set the maintenance screen to remind me when the oil and filter need changed every 5000 miles. Here is my dilemma. The other day, my GX info screen informed me that it was time for an oil and filter change and to contact the dealer. There is no need to contact the stealer b/c I do all the minor maintenance myself. So, I changed the oil and filter, reset the dash light and reset the NAV maintenance screen to show that I had another 5000 miles left until I needed to do this again. HOWEVER, if you look at the maintenance screen, the little icons that show oil/filter/tire rotation and etc. are green when you still have miles prior to you needing to take care of them. When you get close to the time of maintenance, these icons turn from green to orange and a maintenance reminder pops up for me to call the service dept. Even though I reset the milage on them to show that I changed the oil, the icons are still orange and it still tells me to contact the dealer eventhough I have 4,900 miles left before my next oil change. Does anyone know how to reset the icons back to green and to kill the service message on the NAV screen?

Thanks,
CV
Old 05-17-06, 06:38 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

After reviewing the proceedure in your owners manual;
Suggest you have the unit confirmed functional by the dealer.
Old 05-18-06, 06:42 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tammy
After reviewing the proceedure in your owners manual;
Suggest you have the unit confirmed functional by the dealer.
Tammy

Thanks for your info. Found out that I was setting the date to the date I changed the oil and it wasn't resetting the icons. Thanks for your heads up.

CV