Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LX Models > LX570
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lx570 auto door lock

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-13, 12:15 AM   #1
AOK
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
AOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: UAE
Posts: 3
Exclamation Lx570 auto door lock

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to disable the auto door lock in lx570 model 2011?

There is no option in the setting menu.

The door lock when the car is moving and then when shifted to P, I have again to unlock the door using the unlock button! It doesn't unlock automatically.

Regards
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
AOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 03:32 AM   #2
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 980
Default

These are covered in Lexus Personalized Settings. On the 2011 model they are set by the dealer but a search will likely find what you want. Not sure when but Lexus moved these settings on the Nav screen as my 2013 can adjust these settings at will.

See: http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/LX570_LPS.pdf

If you call you service rep, they just might tell you how to adjust your door locks the way you wish.

Good Luck and enjoy!
__________________
Greg in Jax, FL
2014 RX F-SPORT
2013 LX570

Last edited by ggebhardt; 04-19-13 at 05:03 AM..
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 05:09 AM   #3
caha14
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
caha14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 951
Default

Actually, 2010 was the first year that Lexus moved most of these to the navigation screen, so you should be able to easily access that in your 2011.

FWIW, even before, the auto-locking/unlocking function specifically was always something the driver could set without dealership assistance (via various button-pushing sequences that were a pain in the neck).
__________________
2010 LX570 - Black Onyx/Cashmere (El Jefe)

2010 LS600hL - Starfire Pearl/Alabaster-Black Two-Tone

Gone (but not forgotten) Lexi...
2008 LS460L
2007 GS350AWD
2004 GX470
caha14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 08:40 AM   #4
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caha14 View Post
Actually, 2010 was the first year that Lexus moved most of these to the navigation screen, so you should be able to easily access that in your 2011.

FWIW, even before, the auto-locking/unlocking function specifically was always something the driver could set without dealership assistance (via various button-pushing sequences that were a pain in the neck).
I remember, on an older Lexus, the dealer telling me the sequence of buttons to push and I thought he was pulling my leg!
__________________
Greg in Jax, FL
2014 RX F-SPORT
2013 LX570
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 08:46 AM   #5
caha14
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
caha14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggebhardt View Post
I remember, on an older Lexus, the dealer telling me the sequence of buttons to push and I thought he was pulling my leg!
And you also had to wait a precise number of seconds between steps, or else you had to start the sequence over.

I remember doing it on my 2004 GX470 and remembering how my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee had every user setting available in the EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center), something that took Lexus until 2010. Inexplicable.. (as is the unrelated fact that now they plan to build ES350s in the US).
__________________
2010 LX570 - Black Onyx/Cashmere (El Jefe)

2010 LS600hL - Starfire Pearl/Alabaster-Black Two-Tone

Gone (but not forgotten) Lexi...
2008 LS460L
2007 GS350AWD
2004 GX470
caha14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 10:45 AM   #6
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caha14 View Post
Actually, 2010 was the first year that Lexus moved most of these to the navigation screen, so you should be able to easily access that in your 2011.

FWIW, even before, the auto-locking/unlocking function specifically was always something the driver could set without dealership assistance (via various button-pushing sequences that were a pain in the neck).
Are you sure the 2011 LX had these setting in the Nav screen? Another poster said it was 2012 before they had it and I do not remember having these settings on my 2011. Not sue as it has been a few years.
__________________
Greg in Jax, FL
2014 RX F-SPORT
2013 LX570

Last edited by ggebhardt; 04-22-13 at 01:20 AM..
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 01:42 PM   #7
tella
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 145
Default

I still have all the customizations options on the NavScreen on my 2010 LX.
__________________
2010 LX570
tella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 01:21 AM   #8
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 980
Default

I stand corrected, just do not remember these settings being there.

It is nice being able to adjust these settings without having the dealer do it. People can change them, as required and when ever they wish.
__________________
Greg in Jax, FL
2014 RX F-SPORT
2013 LX570
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-13, 09:25 AM   #9
caha14
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
caha14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggebhardt View Post
I stand corrected, just do not remember these settings being there.

It is nice being able to adjust these settings without having the dealer do it. People can change them, as required and when ever they wish.
Very nice, indeed. As I said, I cannot comprehend why it took Lexus until 2010 to offer what others were offering 10 years earlier!

Now, Greg, you've owned all versions of the LX: from when you could rip CDs into the hard drive (2008-09), with no bluetooth audio or USB port, to when this changed in 2010, to when they added steering heater and black interior (2011) to the gorgeous 2013 beast you now own, so I can understand if you would forget a feature or two
__________________
2010 LX570 - Black Onyx/Cashmere (El Jefe)

2010 LS600hL - Starfire Pearl/Alabaster-Black Two-Tone

Gone (but not forgotten) Lexi...
2008 LS460L
2007 GS350AWD
2004 GX470
caha14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 11:27 PM   #10
garthbo
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 7
Default programming auto door lock

Hello to everyone. I've been wanting to program my door to lock when shifter is moved from the "P" postion. I've tried following the sequence in the manual - Ignition On, Shifter on "P", and hold Lock button for 5 seconds. I also read somewhere that you have to be exact on the 5 seconds hold.

I've tried following these steps for a number of times and it doesn't seem to work. I even used a stopwatch to make sure I release the lock button exactly 5 seconds.

If it makes any difference, I'm in the Philippines and my LX570 is from UAE. My owners manual is in Arabic so I'm not able to read that

Hope someone can help me out here. This is my first post by the way.
garthbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 03:23 AM   #11
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garthbo View Post
Hello to everyone. I've been wanting to program my door to lock when shifter is moved from the "P" postion. I've tried following the sequence in the manual - Ignition On, Shifter on "P", and hold Lock button for 5 seconds. I also read somewhere that you have to be exact on the 5 seconds hold.

I've tried following these steps for a number of times and it doesn't seem to work. I even used a stopwatch to make sure I release the lock button exactly 5 seconds.

If it makes any difference, I'm in the Philippines and my LX570 is from UAE. My owners manual is in Arabic so I'm not able to read that

Hope someone can help me out here. This is my first post by the way.
What year LX570 do you have?
__________________
Greg in Jax, FL
2014 RX F-SPORT
2013 LX570
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 07:13 PM   #12
garthbo
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 7
Default

I have a 2013 model. For some reason, these lock settings is not available in the Nav screen car setup. I only have the other basic programming options in the Vehicle customization setting.
garthbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 11:00 PM   #13
garthbo
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 7
Default

Okay I just came from the Lexus Dealer here in Manila and they said that they removed this programming option completely in the 2013 model for the LX units destined to Manila.

Even the dealer here cannot set this auto locking options except for the basic ones. Reason for the removal is beyond me.
garthbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-13, 02:16 AM   #14
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garthbo View Post
Okay I just came from the Lexus Dealer here in Manila and they said that they removed this programming option completely in the 2013 model for the LX units destined to Manila.

Even the dealer here cannot set this auto locking options except for the basic ones. Reason for the removal is beyond me.
Sometimes you got to wonder. Why would Lexus remove these settings on vehicles destined to Manila?

I would love to hear the reasons for this. This would be done at the factory and would required the telematics to be "reflashed" to add back these features. This is something that your dealer would not do. Sorry.
__________________
Greg in Jax, FL
2014 RX F-SPORT
2013 LX570
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-13, 02:16 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
470, 570, auto, automatic, close, door, doors, feature, lexus, lock, locks, lx, lx570, program, unlock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turning off auto door lock and unlock? jason60050 GS - Third Generation 22 07-29-14 05:57 AM
Unlocking all doors with driverside handle?? bnb2310 ES350 (2007 - 2012) 17 02-03-14 06:33 PM
Auto Door Locks 2010 ES 350 lakwill ES350 (2007 - 2012) 7 06-25-13 06:47 AM
Help: doors auto lock when smart-key in car ngcom RX - Third Generation 6 10-11-12 07:50 PM
Need help diagnosing door lock actuator problem rkoz LS430 1 09-05-12 06:35 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info