LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

consumer affairs

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-13, 02:51 PM
lex460l
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default consumer affairs

soooo ive been having a pretty weird experience with lexus thus far, my biggest gripe is parts that they dont want to replace, they told me i needed to rear air struts but they needed to call in to the warranty department to confirm, long story short they denied it needed replacement, i called their consumer affairs and on top of it being a pretty unprofessional experience, when i finally got called back the guy was trying to sell me the struts at $200 cheaper, i asked him why would i pay for them? what is my warranty for? we went back and forth on if i had one or not, he called me back saying sry you do have one but we arent going to replace your struts.....i felt violated to say the least, if theres nothing wrong with them then why would they be trying to sell me new ones? so when i thought about it i called back to complain about that and i got a returned call from the same guy who was giving me the run around and was extremely rude......has anybody experienced anything like this? and is their any higher up we can go as far as people we can speak to? any feedback would be appreciated

side note a master tech told me people with much worse problems are getting denied, and another service guy told me they would only replace them if their leaking oil. im starting to feel that all this hype about lexus is a bunch of bull....at least for me thus far
Old 09-08-13, 03:31 PM
jgbackes
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try another dealer.
Old 09-08-13, 03:39 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

I agree, try another dealer or call 1-800-25 LEXUS to complain.
Old 09-08-13, 08:07 PM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Consumer Affairs

Lexus over the past few years has had a real problem with their air struts. They have had to replace hundreds of them. They must have changed their guidelines to save on costs. Still, if it is a warranty part and they are not correcting it, I would contact your state's Consumer Affairs office and complain to local media (TV, Radio, newspapers in your area) about your problem. They do not want bad feedback released to the public. That may prompt them to correct your problem. I had to do this many years ago on a General Motors product. I had California consumer affairs department, which at that time was under the Attorney General's department. I got quick action after that. I had a small but slightly expensive problem with my new Lexus LS 460. The Michelin tires that came from the factory were two years old (DOT Date Code). I told them I wanted them replaced as I bought a new car and a set of tires should be replaced by a certain date for safety reasons (old age) and two of those years where already past. They appeared hesitant in the beginning. However, they replaced them with Michelin's of my choice at a cost of a little over $1200. Don't rollover and play dead for them. Be persistent and move up the chain of command or the media as I stated above. Do your best to not speak to the same people you previously spoke to as they are not going to change their minds. Do a search on Club Lexus to get more info on your problem and use that info to boost your case.
Old 09-08-13, 09:24 PM
lex460l
Driver

Originally Posted by Craig B
I agree, try another dealer or call 1-800-25 LEXUS to complain.
to make it clear, it was lexus that i called and they were trying to negotiate btwn me and the dealer for me to buy the struts.......im basically saying that i went beyond the dealer....so i dealt with the dealer, i called the 1-800 # and my question is......is there anybody higher up to speak to
Old 09-09-13, 06:26 AM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Consumer Affairs

My msg was get above customer service. Find out who their bosses are and contact them. Do a little research and use your local media to see if you can bolster your case. Forget the dealer because on most warranty issues they contact what they call warranty services for Lexus or the so called plan administrator. I am a bulldog about things like this. I keep going up the ladder and if necessary I would move up to the CEO, President, etc., if other CL members have had their strut issues covered by Lexus.
Old 10-02-13, 09:37 PM
thegov3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lex460l, something is not right. I haven't heard of any other factory warranty denials for air struts that have totally failed. It is pretty obvious if they have failed. I had all four of my air struts replaced prior to my factory warranty ending. They were all done within 6 months of one another. Never had one issue with Lexus replacing them after they heard the thumping noises bad ones make.

I had one strut that was marginally bad (or so I thought), however it would have made it past the factory warranty period, but Lexus agreed that if three had failed in such short order, the fourth one was going to as well. I would go back to the dealer and tell them the car "feels" unsafe to drive and see how they react.

Do yours make noises and cause loud thumps when going over bumps? Do they rattle?
Old 10-07-13, 07:37 PM
lex460l
Driver

Originally Posted by thegov3
lex460l, something is not right. I haven't heard of any other factory warranty denials for air struts that have totally failed. It is pretty obvious if they have failed. I had all four of my air struts replaced prior to my factory warranty ending. They were all done within 6 months of one another. Never had one issue with Lexus replacing them after they heard the thumping noises bad ones make.

I had one strut that was marginally bad (or so I thought), however it would have made it past the factory warranty period, but Lexus agreed that if three had failed in such short order, the fourth one was going to as well. I would go back to the dealer and tell them the car "feels" unsafe to drive and see how they react.

Do yours make noises and cause loud thumps when going over bumps? Do they rattle?
it makes a bunch of noise and since its such a quiet car its way more evident, the rear struts thump very hard but it takes a certain type of bump in the road, theres a very annoying squeaking coming from the front that nobody can figure out as well, u hear it when the car is going over anything uneven or while turning