Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS430
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

My first DIY for the LS430...Here comes the BOOM...

Old 05-27-14, 07:18 PM   #211
Brewmyown
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdjoey View Post
this might be a dumb question but if you knew which wires that went into the amp were the power,ground,and remote could you use those wires for an aftermarket amp set up?
No you can't use the existing power wire. It needs to be connected directly to the battery but believe me, that's the easy part. All pieces just snap on and off from the back seat to the front dash along the door sills. The ground connects to any boot you find in the trunk (there are plenty). The line out convertor (LOC) connects right to the existing 4 subwoofer wires and you can get a switched connection (turns the amp on when car is on) from a fuse box in the trunk under the lift up panel on the left side of the trunk.

The hardest part of the whole process is getting the back seat and rear shelf cover off (which you need to do to change or repair the sub anyway). Install it all and tune the LOC and amp (good easy to follow instructions on crutchfield.com site) and you have some good sounding (and feeling) bass. The amp I used was cheap, guaranteed for 3 years and comes with a remote that I ran while I ran my power wire and installed it under the dash so I could adjust the sub volume (if needed) easily.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 05-27-14, 07:23 PM   #212
Brewmyown
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

I'm likely going to cut the sub opening a little and try a 10" sub. There's plenty of room (I don't have a UL model) in the rear deck to opening it up for a 10" sub. I wish I would have taken it apart before buying the sub because I would have bought a 10" sub to start. Don't get me wrong the 8" has plenty of boom. I just like experimenting.

Last edited by Brewmyown; 05-27-14 at 07:50 PM..
Brewmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 07:23 PM

Tags
10, 2002, 2004, 430, amp, amplifier, audio, blowing, jl, levinson, lexus, ls, ls430, ml, replacement, subwoofer