LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2007 LS SWB - No auxiliary port?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-14, 10:16 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 808LS
I have not seen the option either.
If your car is a 2007 - 2009 and had the ML system you can rip CDs to the internal hard drive. That is the only way to get music on it.
Old 04-26-14, 10:42 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

07 LS460 without LCD screen. Don't know its heritage but I suspect it's a bona fide US model.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ctd/4436021547.html

No wood trim around CD player either!

EDIT: They sold the car and recycled the ad!

Here's another, same spec: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...64131033&Log=0

EDIT: This one sold too. One of these days I'll man up and post a link to picture hosting site (just too lazy right now)!

Last edited by sktn77a; 05-07-14 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-28-14, 01:53 PM
808LS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nsaldanh
If your car is a 2007 - 2009 and had the ML system you can rip CDs to the internal hard drive. That is the only way to get music on it.
I have the ML system with no NAV and am unable to rip to HDD, because I have no HDD . I suspect only the NAV equipped cars have a HDD installed - since you need a HDD for NAV.
Old 05-07-14, 03:22 PM
808LS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by krypto89
awesome! let me know if it works so i can place my order right after. thanks...
I installed the Vais Tech SoundLinQ3 SL3B late last week. I can confirm that it works as described, and the steering wheel controls function properly. You can skip ahead or back through the podcast you are listening to from your steering wheel controls - my Doggcatcher setting is to fast forward or rewind 15 seconds with each press. BUT keep in mind that when you are listening to multiple podcasts using an aggregator (like Doggcatcher), you cannot skip from one podcast to the next using your steering wheel controls - you have to do this manually from your phone.

Some random thoughts about the install:
  • I only had to remove the CD player...there is no need to remove the touch screen - unless you'd prefer to use the space above to mount it.
  • There is a pretty convenient spot (to the right) behind the CD player in which you can velcro mount the SL3B.
  • When setting up the emulation, I had to use the CD changer option.
  • Communication with Vaistech was always cordial and prompt - and they shipped quickly too.
  • I remember reading in other posts that people using other bluetooth (or auxiliary) solutions might only have sound through the front speakers (I could also be making this up in my head), in the case of the SL3B, I have complete use/control of the ML system/speakers.
  • My car did not have an auxiliary port, so if your car does, I am not sure if you will lose the functionality of the port with the SL3B installed. This would be a good question to ask Vais Tech before pulling the trigger, especially for those of you that have an iPod attached.
I do not work for, nor am I affiliated with Vais Tech.

In addition, just a reminder that I DO NOT have Navigation, but have the ML system and backup camera. I say this because when ordering through Vais Tech, my configuration was not an option - I had to exchange emails with them to confirm it would work.
Old 05-07-14, 06:48 PM
krypto89
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 808LS
I installed the Vais Tech SoundLinQ3 SL3B late last week. I can confirm that it works as described, and the steering wheel controls function properly. You can skip ahead or back through the podcast you are listening to from your steering wheel controls - my Doggcatcher setting is to fast forward or rewind 15 seconds with each press. BUT keep in mind that when you are listening to multiple podcasts using an aggregator (like Doggcatcher), you cannot skip from one podcast to the next using your steering wheel controls - you have to do this manually from your phone.

Some random thoughts about the install:
  • I only had to remove the CD player...there is no need to remove the touch screen - unless you'd prefer to use the space above to mount it.
  • There is a pretty convenient spot (to the right) behind the CD player in which you can velcro mount the SL3B.
  • When setting up the emulation, I had to use the CD changer option.
  • Communication with Vaistech was always cordial and prompt - and they shipped quickly too.
  • I remember reading in other posts that people using other bluetooth (or auxiliary) solutions might only have sound through the front speakers (I could also be making this up in my head), in the case of the SL3B, I have complete use/control of the ML system/speakers.
  • My car did not have an auxiliary port, so if your car does, I am not sure if you will lose the functionality of the port with the SL3B installed. This would be a good question to ask Vais Tech before pulling the trigger, especially for those of you that have an iPod attached.
I do not work for, nor am I affiliated with Vais Tech.

In addition, just a reminder that I DO NOT have Navigation, but have the ML system and backup camera. I say this because when ordering through Vais Tech, my configuration was not an option - I had to exchange emails with them to confirm it would work.
thanks for the update. i don't do music streaming services and just mainly play mp3's. have you tested just playing music files? also, i was wondering about the sound quality comparison between the CD player and bluetooth? i know bluetooth technology has come a long way, but still wary of sound quality. i don't mind sacrificing the time to make CD's (and save $240) if there is a discernible difference. thanks again and glad you are happy with the product...
Old 05-07-14, 06:56 PM
808LS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by krypto89
thanks for the update. i don't do music streaming services and just mainly play mp3's. have you tested just playing music files? also, i was wondering about the sound quality comparison between the CD player and bluetooth? i know bluetooth technology has come a long way, but still wary of sound quality. i don't mind sacrificing the time to make CD's (and save $240) if there is a discernible difference. thanks again and glad you are happy with the product...
I have 320kbs music stored on my phone and tried streaming it...I could not tell the difference between it and the CD with the exact same files - I'm no audiofile, but honestly could not tell. As for the cost, look at it this way, you increase resale value!